Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 03:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,380,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I figured the people couldn't hear you, still don't see how you can say your husband is polite while trash talking women. But I guess you are right, some people act their worst at the grocery store.
So you never laugh to yourself or think somebody looks bad in a trashy outfit, or point out some awful look to your S/O? Come on, Saint Sunday!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,034,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So you never laugh to yourself or think somebody looks bad in a trashy outfit, or point out some awful look to your S/O? Come on, Saint Sunday!
You have low standards for sainthood if you think not talking trash about other people is saintly. What other people choose to wear does not affect my life. As long as they are dressed somewhat appropriately for the occasion, I see no reason to comment. And to me wearing yoga pants to the grocery store is completely acceptable.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,331,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe if you're buying them too small or never wash them... Otherwise your pants should not be causing yeast infections.

As a woman who used to get them regularly due to hypoglycemia and birth control pills, it had nothing to do with hygiene and everything to do with certain fabrics especially if you sweat and not change out of your gym clothes or a wet bathing suit as soon as possible. Lycra is one of the worst offenders for a woman who is prone to yeast infections (diabetics) as it keeps moisture too close to the skin. Anything that can alter your normal pH can cause this in many women as can taking antibiotics.

But I'm getting off topic.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 PM

445 posts, read 771,916 times
I think they look great on women. As an active male (runner/cyclist) I wear them too but will wear a longer top or put on gym shorts to provide modesty when needed if going in public

Old 04-04-2017, 05:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
aside from the bolded (which is the reason from the women i know they deny that is the reason they wear them) why not just wear jogging pants ?
jogging pants/sweat pants look sloppier.

When I was at the grocery store this week, I made sure to note the women I saw in workout clothes. I saw a couple in spandex, and one in black sweats. None looked like super models, but none looked bad. I didn't see the outline of any genitals. I was wearing carpenter type jeans, and felt no more dressed up or more appropriately dressed than they were.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
You know exactly what he is saying. I have seen women in spandex/yoga pants and it looks like paint on a naked body vs clothes. Just a glance and you can see the shape up front and out back. If you as a female are not blind and can see in the mirror before you leave that the imprint of your genitals are showing , then you should wear a shirt that covers it up in public, vs having the shirt conveniently stop above the waste, you are wearing it for attention more than to be comfortable.

I had a coworker like this guy described. Not the cutest thing in the world and many said he was uneasy on the eyes, but a amazing body and she worse spandex pants everywhere and had a constant stream of guys approaching her. Granted she was a **** because many of those guys became successful in their goal, she still knew what she was doing.

Spandex may be comfortable, but if you have a really nice figure and decide your shirt will not cover it, just be prepared to get many stares and probably comments from men. Its no different than a man wearing spandex or biker shorts with a big bulge showing and women staring at it or making comments.
Yeah, I DO know.

Reminder: It's a FASHION subforum.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 PM

37,634 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
I keep trying to get my wife to dress in active wear, because she actually has the body it was designed for: high and tight bubble bottom, long, tapering showgirl pins, and that maddening steatopygic, front-of-thigh fat deposit that originates in the plains of Africa. She just rolls her eyes and says "grandma taught us that tights are not pants".
Huh??

Old 04-04-2017, 07:41 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,053,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
Having read all 20 pages of this thread, it seems that the division here is between

A) Women who like the convenience and comfort of yoga pants, don't see them as particually sexualized, and don't really want to think about how sexualized they are in the minds of many men and women

B) Men and women who either like or dislike yoga pants because of how sexualized they are in their opinion

It seems like it's just a matter of whether one sees tight, thin, form-fitting clothing from the hips down as being sexual or not.

A poster earlier pointed out that many of her jeans were as much or more form-fitting than her yoga pants, and that's a fair point. The only difference here seems to be the thin and occasionally sheer nature of some leggings/yoga pants, which I think some women (and men) are uncomfortable with, whereas tight jeans seem to be pretty universally accepted as OK.
This.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:43 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,053,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
I keep trying to get my wife to dress in active wear, because she actually has the body it was designed for: high and tight bubble bottom, long, tapering showgirl pins, and that maddening steatopygic, front-of-thigh fat deposit that originates in the plains of Africa. She just rolls her eyes and says "grandma taught us that tights are not pants".

Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post

This says a lot about you. 👎🏽
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty