Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 04:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,399 times

Advertisements

Maybe they do it because it's more COMFORTABLE to wear??Not everyone wants to wear jeans all the time or wear jeans at all.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM

711 posts, read 688,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Maybe they do it because it's more COMFORTABLE to wear??Not everyone wants to wear jeans all the time or wear jeans at all.
This.

I wear leggings and a tunic most days because they fit, they're comfortable and they don't cost a small fortune.

I'm between misses and plus sizes and have a short inseam. I also have edema so pants have to have some flare or a good amount of give in the leg. When I find pants that fit my waist and have sufficient flare and are of decent quality material they're generally 4-6 inches too long so I have them shortened. By the time all is said and done, I've got $80-$100 pants. I reserve those for nice evenings out, events and meetings. I'm not wearing $100 slacks to run to Safeway.

My current favorite leggings are Lands End Starfish. I can catch them with a coupon for $25. They're a nice weight material, not at all see thru, a good inseam length, fit my waist and don't emphasize the difference in my calf size. Danskins are a second fave.

What I wear isn't saying anything other than "I have clothes on".

Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The only person I care about when it comes to judging my clothes is my husband.

I go to the gym in the morning, run errands, come home cook and clean, exercise the dogs; and then after my husband gets home we may go paddle board or ride bikes or something.

I asked him if he felt it was complacent that I was in gym clothes (albeit cute ones ) everyday and he is fine with that.
You are Madison Ave top target demographic.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You are Madison Ave top target demographic.

What does that mean?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2017, 07:37 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
I'm from Denver, and ladies here wear active gear/spandex as their everyday wardrobe. I took a weekend trip to Crested Butte Colorado, walking through the town I literally was the only woman wearing jeans. I've traveled to a few places in the Midwest recently and did not see the trend in wardrobe there. In fact, I had a layover in the Nashville airport, saw a women in active gear and took a guess that she would be on my flight back to Denver...sure enough, I was right.
Is this a fashion trend seen in other cities?
It's called athleisure wear.

​Dressing down: The rise of athleisure - CBS News

And if it was last Sunday on the afternoon flight from BNA-DEN, then that might have been me. I'm guessing you were one of those gals in a dress and cowboy boots.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
It's called athleisure wear.

​Dressing down: The rise of athleisure - CBS News

And if it was last Sunday on the afternoon flight from BNA-DEN, then that might have been me. I'm guessing you were one of those gals in a dress and cowboy boots.

I fly in leggings all the time. EXCEPT when I fly on employee pass where the rules say they are not allowed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2017, 08:34 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
I wear my gym clothes to the gym, or anytime we are going for a long walk or hike. I often do stop in the grocery store on the way home, but if someone doesn't like it, tough noogies.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:29 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Besides the fact that yoga/spandex doesn't look good on many people they also make your vagina a host for yeast infections.
Maybe if you're buying them too small or never wash them... Otherwise your pants should not be causing yeast infections.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:34 PM

10 posts, read 9,652 times
I think once you've tried high tech gym clothes or shoes) you understand that this is the only type of clothing which is comforting your body ( doesn't get wet, dries fast, doesn't push or pull etc) and other clothes mostly torturing it and making you suffer ... they just can't resist...

Old 04-03-2017, 11:35 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,724 times
I keep trying to get my wife to dress in active wear, because she actually has the body it was designed for: high and tight bubble bottom, long, tapering showgirl pins, and that maddening steatopygic, front-of-thigh fat deposit that originates in the plains of Africa. She just rolls her eyes and says "grandma taught us that tights are not pants".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty