Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 10:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes.

I have many friends who wear workout clothes even though they might never even work out that day.

Most say they do it because it's comfortable and easy to pull together "a look" without much effort, and one joked that it makes it look like she's on her way to or from a workout regardless.

Personally, I am not a fan.
They want to show off their big butts!

Old 04-01-2017, 11:05 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
I do this, and yes, it is partly because I am too lazy to dress up. Right now I am at home with my kids. And the activewear is not only super comfortable, but it can be washed and washed and washed and still hold up well. It's not worth it to me to wear something that if i wash it too much, it will start to look bad, or even worse, something I'd have to bring to the dry cleaner.

If I'm meeting someone for lunch or I have some kind of event that I'm going to, I wear something nicer. But for typical days, where I'm pretty much staying at home, or going to places like Costco or Target, or the grocery store, I don't see the point in wearing something else. And I don't see spandex pants or yoga pants or fleece sweatshirts as anything offensive or inappropriate.

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many people seem to take offense or get upset at this.
Have you checked how you look from the back in a three-way mirror?

Old 04-01-2017, 11:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And still not quite comparable bc there's not a huge audience of women saying: "no no, let them wear what they want, I like to look at privates every chance I get...jealous?"
So men get a pass on wearing active wear because... Women don't ogle men as much?

Old 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,508,468 times
It's a trend around here.

Yoga pants that are looser fitting are fine, whatever. Leggings that adhere to form don't look appropriate to me (on anyone-- man, woman, big, small). Leggings are not pants-- but leggings work with tops that cover your ass/cameltoe.

And, yes, I realize that's my opinion. But I know I'm not alone in it.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i think the comparative would be if men wore yoga pants in public would it be a big deal ?
The thread is about women who wear active gear. Are basketball shorts, joggers, and track pants not considers active gear?

Old 04-01-2017, 11:28 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Not appropriate according to who's standards? ISIS? The Taliban? The American Taliban the likes of Mike Pence and the Duggar family? Not appropriate my you-know-what.
Yes, because everyone needs to see the imprint of your vagina and butt in Walmart, because the shirt you chose to wear also stopped right at the waste...like I said, its done for attention or to get a man.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You must be looking awfully closely.
No, they are saying LOOK when you wear Yoga pants to the grocery store. You cant help but notice. I went to Walmart today and it seemed like camel toe everywhere.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So men get a pass on wearing active wear because... Women don't ogle men as much?
Don't put words in there that aren't being used to change the whole sentiment.

The comment was in regard to tight yoga pants and no underwear? I didn't say they get a pass, I said women dont applaud and get happy seeing mens body parts in the same way men do about women. Maybe you like to look at genitals every chance you get. I don't care to, and wouldn't follow one down the street making noises and comments about it.

ETA: It is a good comparison, but the outcome isn't the same for men.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
No different than dudes with great musculature wearing tight shirts...what we like to call "smedium" with the extra tight sleeves for maximum bicep flex.
If those dudes decided to wear spandex type pants to work like biker shorts, im sure a thread would be....Men who wear active gear/spandex everyday, why?

There is a older man here in our metro area that is known to stand on a few corners in spandex shorts and has a near foot long bulge and many say how inappropriate it is, so could you picture if you went to get some eggs and just keep passing by men with their bulge showing, after a while you will say, is this really necessary to wear in the store or a job.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:00 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,390,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
It's a trend around here.
Here too. I cannot wait until the trend is over. Lots of people should not be wearing them

To each his/her own. I prefer to camouflage my flaws. I don't want to look in the mirror and see my rolls, bumps, camel toe, etc. I feel better and carry myself better when I am pleased with my appearance. Whether or not you agree with it or not--your appearance sets the stage on how you are treated.

More power to you if you can look in the mirror and feel okay seeing the outline of every roll, cellulite, camel toe, butt crack, fat--not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty