Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 07:23 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times

Advertisements

I wore my yoga pants yesterday when I walked 8 miles. While on my walk, I remembered something I needed to pick up at a store for an activity I am participating in soon. As soon as I arrived home from my walk, I grabbed my keys, jumped in my car, and went to the store to get said item. No one batted an eye. In fact, I was not the only one wearing yoga pants in the store. No big deal at all.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Many women just like the attention or to show off what they are working with. There is no reason to wear Yoga pants to go and buy some cereal, grapes, and milk. If I can see EVERYTHING, its not appropriate to wear it to work or shopping.
How about caring about what you look like and showing some modesty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaRsOcWRIdE

Old 04-01-2017, 09:53 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,728,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I personally only wear workout clothes to workout. But i do see women wearing it on the daily.Maybe they want to look like they are working out..or they are just to lazy to dress up...lol
I do this, and yes, it is partly because I am too lazy to dress up. Right now I am at home with my kids. And the activewear is not only super comfortable, but it can be washed and washed and washed and still hold up well. It's not worth it to me to wear something that if i wash it too much, it will start to look bad, or even worse, something I'd have to bring to the dry cleaner.

If I'm meeting someone for lunch or I have some kind of event that I'm going to, I wear something nicer. But for typical days, where I'm pretty much staying at home, or going to places like Costco or Target, or the grocery store, I don't see the point in wearing something else. And I don't see spandex pants or yoga pants or fleece sweatshirts as anything offensive or inappropriate.

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many people seem to take offense or get upset at this.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:02 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Let's be honest.

Nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to ensure that your vision goes unsullied by clothing you don't personally want to see, or cares if you are compelled to cast your eyes upon physiques you deem unattractive, regardless of how they are clad.

Don't approve of other people's attire? Big deal. Your opinion is yours to hold, but beyond that, it really doesn't matter.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:16 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Someone said lazy and that's part of it for me. After all, how many outfits do I want to wash every day? On a day where I have nothing to do I probably will get up and put on some running pants and a t-shirt. The clothes are comfy and a snap to wash and dry. But I never wore clothes like that to work.

I have thin legs so I don't look like a sausage in yoga pants. They are actually quite flattering and I wear them often. Wearing workout clothes might encourage people to work out and move more and that's probably a good thing.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:18 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
I don't like it. It just reminds me that we have become way too casual in society. There are plenty of casual ocassions and sports gear for that is fine.

But people no longer know how to dress up. They wear workout clothes to the theater, Broadway, dinner at a nice restaurant, church, and so on. Easily 30% of my female coworkers wear workout clothes and trainers to work everyday in the office.

It has gotten so bad now people are walking around with sports bras, hoodies, workout pants and heels. This is a high fashion look. That's an oxymoron.

*you can mix workout clothes into a polished casual look with careful pairings and make it look intentional.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,999,732 times
It sends a message..........."look at me. I work out and I am active ".....

Old 04-01-2017, 02:02 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Laziness? Low self esteem?
How about personal choices made by grown ass women who can decide for themselves. I wear what I want to wear. Anyone has a problem with it, well...there's a finger for that.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:38 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,999,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
How about personal choices made by grown ass women who can decide for themselves. I wear what I want to wear. Anyone has a problem with it, well...there's a finger for that.
women who wear pajamas to Walmart say the same.

(as they pay for their food with food stamps and head home to their trailer)

Old 04-01-2017, 02:46 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,747 times
Where I live a lot of women wear yoga pants and workout gear. It does look a lot more comfortable than jeans or other attire. Sometimes it looks less sloppy than what other women wear to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty