Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 08:15 PM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I will agree that wearing spandex anywhere except the gym is basically the equivalent of wearing your jammies or sweatpants. But it doesn't bother me that much.

What does bother me is the unfortunate physiques of some women who choose this clothing. If you're a big fatty, DONT DO IT!!!! No one wants to see a fat old man walking down the street with his shirt off right?? Well likewise, no one wants to see fat chick wearing spandex.

I'd rather they do this with clothes than the clothing or lack thereof that you are subject to seeing at the beach

Old 03-31-2017, 08:17 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Many women just like the attention or to show off what they are working with. There is no reason to wear Yoga pants to go and buy some cereal, grapes, and milk. If I can see EVERYTHING, its not appropriate to wear it to work or shopping.
Not appropriate according to who's standards? ISIS? The Taliban? The American Taliban the likes of Mike Pence and the Duggar family? Not appropriate my you-know-what.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:39 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Not appropriate according to who's standards? ISIS? The Taliban? The American Taliban the likes of Mike Pence and the Duggar family? Not appropriate my you-know-what.
I think you're just picturing the appealing women when you say that, as a guy who works out all the time, do you really want to see a pack of puppies fighting in a stretched too thin garment ahead of you when you're walking down the sidewalk, or up the steps, or anywhere other than the gym? You gotta admit, it's not always pleasant. If you're going to wear spandex and a tee, I'll look the other way too, showing off your bulge isn't always appropriate.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:56 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I think you're just picturing the appealing women when you say that, as a guy who works out all the time, do you really want to see a pack of puppies fighting in a stretched too thin garment ahead of you when you're walking down the sidewalk, or up the steps, or anywhere other than the gym? You gotta admit, it's not always pleasant. If you're going to wear spandex and a tee, I'll look the other way too, showing off your bulge isn't always appropriate.
Well played.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Many women just like the attention or to show off what they are working with. There is no reason to wear Yoga pants to go and buy some cereal, grapes, and milk. If I can see EVERYTHING, its not appropriate to wear it to work or shopping.
You must be looking awfully closely.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:15 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Well...this is a forum/message board...
Definition:
message board
noun
a website or section of a website that is used for public discussion of a specific topic and on which users can submit or read messages
I have been posting here much longer than you, I'm well aware of what a message board is.

That doesn't answer the question that I brought up for discussion, since after all, that's what one does on a message board. Why does it matter what other people are wearing? How does a woman wearing yoga pants instead of jeans affect your life? And why are women the ones constantly singled out for wearing athletic clothes? I see just as many men, if not more, wearing basketball shorts, track pants, sweatpants, joggers, etc...

Old 04-01-2017, 01:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
What yoga pants show you everything?
Must be different than the yoga pants I've seen.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:36 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have been posting here much longer than you, I'm well aware of what a message board is.

That doesn't answer the question that I brought up for discussion, since after all, that's what one does on a message board. Why does it matter what other people are wearing? How does a woman wearing yoga pants instead of jeans affect your life? And why are women the ones constantly singled out for wearing athletic clothes? I see just as many men, if not more, wearing basketball shorts, track pants, sweatpants, joggers, etc...
Are you implying that since you've been posting here longer that means something about your opinion, and you are not to be disagreed with? There are other forums people post at, is there a union to join?

If someone starts a thread in the F&B forum do you ask each OP "why does it matter?" "why do men with totes have an affect on your life?" "why do men's sandals affect your life?" "how do does a lady wearing bling jeans affect you?"

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, it comes from their own experiences with the subject at hand, no one said they were trying to enact a law, the OP seems to have had a thought to discuss just like anyone else who starts a thread...

ETA: She's corrected with 'active gear/spandex' twice now.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:24 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Many believe they can *dress up* spandex, leggings, jeggings, or any number of the other items that should be limited to the gym.
Yeah..., they can't.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:47 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
The only time I wear "activewear" outside of the gym is if I'm going to the grocery store afterward or getting my nails done before or after since they are all in the same area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty