Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 06:17 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,673,708 times

Advertisements

One thing I just thought of - Mother's Day is almost a month away, so that dress she liked at Dillard's might very well go on sale before then and you could surprise her with that. You know she loved it, but thought it was too expensive. I think it would be worth checking back from time to time to see if it goes on sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 06:37 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,348,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
One thing I just thought of - Mother's Day is almost a month away, so that dress she liked at Dillard's might very well go on sale before then and you could surprise her with that. You know she loved it, but thought it was too expensive. I think it would be worth checking back from time to time to see if it goes on sale.
May is a bit too early for the transition from spring to fall fashion; that normally doesn't occur until at least June.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
May is a bit too early for the transition from spring to fall fashion; that normally doesn't occur until at least June.
You're right, but that still doesn't mean that dress won't go on sale. You have nothing to lose by checking!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,181,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, but I’m a mom and I would like one. I even think I’ll get them for all my girls, plus one for me. Happy hunting.

If you have a JJill store near you, I like their clothes. Nice quality and mid priced.
I am an older mom too and I would never wear one of those. Just not a style I would choose. Sort of old and matronly look . I have never figured out why anyone would buy one at the store I work. To tell the truth most people don't till they are clearanced at 90% off and then it takes forever to get them sold. Is it an up North look in the cities?

Old 04-17-2018, 07:39 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,181,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
What I was going to say has already been said. If you can afford to buy clothes, take her to J.Jill, Chicos, or Talbots and buy her something that she picks out and tries on. Maybe it will only be a scarf or some cute costume jewelry but it will be nice. Talbots is a little more preppy, Chicos is more artsy, and J. Jill is somewhere in the middle. A lot of people love J. Jill linen knit tops--KNIT so no ironing required, and cool for summer.
The thing about doing this is.....as a mom I would tell my sons to save their money and I don't need anything. Then go back and buy it myself when they aren't with me.

One of the best birthday presents I got from my son. Tickets to a concert I would have said cost too much(center on the floor where they each walked by greeting the crowd so we got to shake their hands) . He acted as chauffeur and drove us to a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert 90 miles from our house. Quality time on the way there and back. That is gonna be a hard one to top.

Other good one was a 15 day road trip in Costa Rica with both sons. That one was birthday and Christmas gift. Priceless. Maybe even just do a day trip to a place she would enjoy.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Why don't you ask her what she wants?

Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,415,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I know with Macys you can put an item in your cart or wish list and check they notify you when it goes on sale. They might have such an option with dillards', too.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:44 AM

16,079 posts, read 21,168,153 times
Anybody else want to know if Jazz would link the dillard dress, just to satisfy curiosity? No worries if you don't want to Jazz.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I know with Macys you can put an item in your cart or wish list and check they notify you when it goes on sale. They might have such an option with dillards', too.
That's a great idea! I do something similar with Anthropologie, which is my all time favorite store for clothes. They don't notify you, but it makes it really easy to go look at your account and check.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Anybody else want to know if Jazz would link the dillard dress, just to satisfy curiosity? No worries if you don't want to Jazz.
Yes! Would you be willing and able to post a picture of that dress, Jazz? I'd like to see it and it would give all of us a good idea of your mother's clothing style, so maybe we can give you better suggestions. Plus, I'm curious! lol

Another thing that might help us give you ideas, is if you would also share some of the items you're looking at on Amazon.

(I tried to rep you for this post, but CD said I had to spread it around, so I couldn't.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty