Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've been doing Botox every 3 months for the past couple of years.

I've done lip fillers in the past, but haven't done them in well over a year. Same with cheek bone fillers and some fillers for laugh lines.

I was scheduled for a breast reduction back in 1999 (at the age of 24), but canceled the week prior to surgery. My husband, then boyfriend, talked me out of it. I plan on meeting with a specific plastic surgeon this year to discuss a BR and TT...hopefully to be performed this summer.

I plan on discussing Ultherapy and other facial procedures (laser, etc.) with my facial plastic surgeon as well.
I've read negative things about Ultherapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 11:01 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Smile Not to be naive but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am considering that microneedling - it looks very interesting! And pretty non invasive as you say. Very few possible complications and I heal nicely and quickly so that's good. I plan to ask about that for my neck area when I go back and find out more about the coolsculpting.
What kind of doctor does the coolsculpting? I have the same issue.

Losing weight slowly, have a double chin, fat area under; always had a fat face, fat lips (I gues those are in now but boy, was I picked on as a child).

Old 01-29-2019, 07:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

Losing weight slowly, have a double chin, fat area under; always had a fat face, fat lips (I gues those are in now but boy, was I picked on as a child).
I am going through a laser/minor cosmetic stuff branch of my dermatologist's office. It's separate from the office. I have only been once to the dermatologist - I just thought that at my age (57) I should get some sort of once over, which thankfully didn't errrr, UNCOVER anything.

I had gone with a girlfriend to a free standing cosmetic sort of place, and the prices were RIDICULOUS. The prices through this particular office (branch of the dermatologist) are much more reasonable. I mean, they are not covered by insurance usually but still - much less than the other place.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:27 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

Google coolsculpting with your zip they should come up. A few family practices by me do it. They also post in the NextDoor site for my area.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:55 AM

12,047 posts, read 8,433,033 times
I wonder how well coolsculpting would work if you've lost weight. Wouldn't the problem be extra skin more than fat cells?

(I also wonder how many people are trying to do coolsculpting at home and damaging tissues.)

Old 01-29-2019, 04:39 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,240,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It depends on your age and how you take care of your skin. There are people who do it, who should not.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I wonder how well coolsculpting would work if you've lost weight. Wouldn't the problem be extra skin more than fat cells?

(I also wonder how many people are trying to do coolsculpting at home and damaging tissues.)
They told me that if they do cool sculpting on me, it could result in extra skin but that it also depends a lot on the elasticity or lack of it in one's skin. My skin still has a lot of elasticity to it, so I'm hoping I don't do it and then have to have a tuck, but if I don't do it, I need a tuck anyway so really, it's sort of a crap shoot.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:08 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Such as?

I see it as a preventative measure...tightening what's just starting to loosen. Kind of like Botox.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:15 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,554,414 times
Just had my eyebrows botoxed, I can see again!!!

Old 01-30-2019, 12:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Such as?

I see it as a preventative measure...tightening what's just starting to loosen. Kind of like Botox.
There are reports of fat loss in the face and neck after Ultherapy. Fat loss from Ultherapy can actually make the face appear more hollow and aged and in the neck, the platysmal neck bands can look worse.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/market...ghw5ZfRQ9K3zN/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty