Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 04:45 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,650,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Go for it, baby. It's the best self-improvement deal ever! I can pass the pencil test at age 63, whereas in my 20s I could "hold" a 5-lb. tube of hamburger, or a tape deck.

It's major surgery, no way around that. Drains, tubes, etc. But well worth it! I had a tummy-tuck at the same time, so two huge life-changers. I'll always have the dents in my shoulders though.
of all the work I had done 20 years, breast reduction was the LEAST painful. Immediate perky little boobies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:48 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,997 times
I have not really done anything other than I had the varicose vein I developed during pregnancy removed and I would absolutely do that again. It was relatively simple (one day down, one day of light activity, one week of moderate activity, a few weeks of bruising and now it looks amazing!)

I don't have a lot that I want to do. I have DDD breasts, so I'd like a reduction at some point. I wouldn't mind doing my belly after having 1 c-section it wants to hang a bit over the scar. I would like to do a filler under my eyes (they only lines I have so far at 44, I take very good care of my skin).

Old 01-07-2019, 10:10 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,361,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am genetically predisposed to have a double chin - sort of what folks call a "waddle." It really really runs in my family down my dad's side and I got it! No matter how skinny I am, it's there. What's weird about it is that my face is basically unlined and in good shape, so there's a disparity between my face and my neck which is totally natural but I have had a couple of people assume that I've "had work done" on my face but stopped at my neck, and that's not even true!

Me too. I think part of the problem is the lack of jaw---my mom's side all seem to have weak chins. So for me, a "double chin" even at the time when my BMI was less than 19 came out in pictures if I didn't have an extremely exaggerated posture.

I look at my parents and when I look at them, I am obviously my mother's child. And I can already see what the future holds. I already despise so many parts of myself I can only imagine what I'll think in twenty years. I can already see where the furrow is starting to come out, which means my already RBF will go into overdrive. I've told my husband before I wouldn't mind the nose done, a chin implant, etc. but he really hates that stuff. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
If it's just a few hairs, just do electrolysis. That's permanent and cheap. Laser takes several treatments and like you say, doesn't work on light hair. I had my legs zapped for the dark hairs and the blond hairs that were left are wild and crazy. I just let them be as they are hard to see except in perfect lighting. I guess getting shot with lasers might do that!
I had six laser hair removal treatments on my underarms and honestly, I still have so much hair that I didn't feel like continuing on with it. I knew it was a possibility that six wouldn't be the final number, but I felt like most of the hair after six was still growing with no slowing down. I am the ideal candidate, pale skin and dark body hair.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:24 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
My wife is in the business after being a "real nurse" for 20 years, as she likes to say. She does botox injection, laser peels and fillers. Personally, I've had a varicose vein removed, didn't mind the look, but it was getting more painful every day. I advise having it done in the winter, wearing that damn compression wrap on my leg was the worst. Had my drooping eyebrows done and was amazed at the improvement in vision. Gave a shot of having my knees injected with stem cells, taken from my stomach via liposuction. Had good results for about 6 months, than back to normal. Glad it was free. Would never do liposuction unless I need more stem cells. Did not enjoy the process, not really painful, just too weird to watch.

Not all cosmetic work is about vanity.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:22 PM

23,873 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
i've had botox which helped me to stop look like i was angry/tense around my eyebrows. i've had fillers around my marrionnette lines and jowls. made a huge difference. i also use Nuface and a home microroller which i think has helped a lot w/ wrinkles and filling my face a bit more. i did cool sculpting on my stomach once and gave up when they told me i needed a least 15-20 more treatments to see visible results. ain't nobody got time for that
Thanks for the info about cool sculpting, sure sounds like a lot of work and expensive

Old 01-08-2019, 07:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for the info about cool sculpting, sure sounds like a lot of work and expensive
They told me I would need one to two cool sculpting treatments for my jaw line. Probably two for the best results, spaced about 90 days apart. I'd be OK with that. $1200 for the first treatment and $1000 for the second.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:25 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

The most expensive places to have any cosmetic procedure done are most of California, the NYC metro area, the Dallas-Ft.Worth metro area, South Florida, and I think, Atlanta GA.

This is so not true. Plastic surgery is relatively inexpensive in South Florida because it is so competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
They told me I would need one to two cool sculpting treatments for my jaw line. Probably two for the best results, spaced about 90 days apart. I'd be OK with that. $1200 for the first treatment and $1000 for the second.
A friend of mine is a plastic surgeon (board certified) and said cool sculpting is a waste of money and does not work.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:09 PM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This is so not true. Plastic surgery is relatively inexpensive in South Florida because it is so competitive.

A friend of mine is a plastic surgeon (board certified) and said cool sculpting is a waste of money and does not work.
I have heard this as well, from a plastic surgeon friend of mine.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Well, of course he would say that. It doesn't involve surgery.

It's FDA approved specifically for reducing fat deposits.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have heard this as well, from a plastic surgeon friend of mine.
See above. Call me a skeptic but I am going to take what a plastic surgeon says with a grain of salt, regarding any FDA approved procedure that negatively impacts the "need" for a surgical procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty