Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 04:27 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,280,008 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the clarification Delahanty. I’ve had a brown spots removed from my chest and cheekbone professionally and am familiar with how they turn different colors before they slouch off. I had recently looked at Compound W for this purpose and didn’t feel comfortable with the “freeze off” type. Hopefully I can find the gel type or brush on type the next time I’m out shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 08:47 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
See above. Call me a skeptic but I am going to take what a plastic surgeon says with a grain of salt, regarding any FDA approved procedure that negatively impacts the "need" for a surgical procedure.
Quote:
Well, of course he would say that. It doesn't involve surgery.

It's FDA approved specifically for reducing fat deposits.
Kathryn, he offers cool sculpting as well in his office. He was telling me as a friend that cool sculpting doesn't work. I think Gypsy and I are trying to tell you to save or redirect your money.

I believe two other posters have said they personally tried it and it did not work for them.

YMMV.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:09 PM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
I have eye bags thAt I've been managing with witch hazel b ut this last week they're really bad, so large that I feel like I have a mountain under my right eye. Was thinking of going to the Wills Eye Institute in Philly to get looked at and hopefully have it done under insurance. I know they're genetic and will get a lot worst.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:19 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
At age 50, I had a lower face-lift including lipo of the "turkey wattle" (see, I can spell it right now!), which was the main thing that bothered me. The doc recommended the upper and lower eyelift even though I didn't think I needed it -- he said he could see my lids were starting to fold over. My forehead is smooth so nothing needed up top.

One of the best things I ever did! Definitely took at least ten years off. The turkey wattle area was never quite as smooth as I would have liked, but not really that noticeable unless looking at myself in a mirror from under my chin. I had the start of jowling and that was removed too. It's now 19 years and I'd like to get it tightened back up again, but a little afraid of having that "wide-mouth" look that women get after their second procedure.

The eyelids have really hung in there and still look pretty good! What I would like to do now is investigate fillers for my sunken cheeks and the marionette lines coming down from my mouth. Also for the lines above my top lip. If I had the money and could endure the pain, I'd get a tummy tuck, lipo of my hips and a Brazilian butt lift, but I'm sure that's not in the cards at my age. Plus I've seen pictures of the results on older white ladies and they certainly don't turn out looking like a Kardashian. I've seen a real decline in my shape since age 60 -- that matronly shape now. But, that's what Spanx are for.

Personally, I think you should go ahead and get the lower facelift rather than possibily spend 2 grand and still need it later, but that's just me.
This^^^. I have a good friend who is a well respected cosmetic surgeon, and she would tell you the same. There is a good chance the Cool sculpting will make little to no difference and you could end up spending as much on it as a minor lift, but without the good results. There are lots of reviews on the web from people who were not happy with their results, and paid a lot of money.

As I mentioned earlier, if I weren't a singer I would get the lower lift to fix my (genetic) jowls and marionette lines, but just can't take the chance, especially since I am a Type II diabetic. But I have been tempted; people who get a well done minor lift look fantastic, and years younger. I have minor eye bags and hooded lids, but these aren't that bad and I use temporary fixes which work well for me. At age 69, my shape is still pretty good, so there's that... lol Just gonna age as gracefully as I can.

Good luck whatever you decide, Kathryn.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Kathryn, he offers cool sculpting as well in his office. He was telling me as a friend that cool sculpting doesn't work. I think Gypsy and I are trying to tell you to save or redirect your money.

I believe two other posters have said they personally tried it and it did not work for them.

YMMV.
I gotcha. I wonder why he offers something that he doesn't think works? Wow.

I'm not trying to be difficult - it's just that apparently it does work for some people. I'm not talking about a large area. We'll see. I'm looking at various options.

But I just found out I need an eye operation that will cost me about $11,000 out of pocket (Thanks, Affordable Care Act - don't get me started), so everything cosmetic is now on the back burner.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:23 PM

12,047 posts, read 8,433,033 times
Quote:
OK, so today, the price was right so I got some "age spots" aka "wisdom marks" (please!) zapped on my hands and one on my cheek. Supposedly they will flake off over the next few weeks so we'll see.

I had the same procedure on my hands when my dermatologist thought they were looking iffy. It was amazing how nicely they healed with no visible scars and my hands look more youthful. I would definitely recommend it as a medical necessity and cosmetically with a reputable practitioner.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I had the same procedure on my hands when my dermatologist thought they were looking iffy. It was amazing how nicely they healed with no visible scars and my hands look more youthful. I would definitely recommend it as a medical necessity and cosmetically with a reputable practitioner.
Yep, it's been two weeks now and everything has healed up great. I love it!

Old 01-21-2019, 04:14 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
That's what they told me - I'd probably need a touchup once a year. Mine was $125. It was done at a satellite office of my dermatologist and I felt comfortable with the procedure. It was fast too.

And right about the male thing - when I told my husband about it, he immediately said he wants to do it for some spots on his face!
I had that photofacial thing. It was amazing. I had it done about 5 years ago and haven't needed one since.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I had that photofacial thing. It was amazing. I had it done about 5 years ago and haven't needed one since.

That is so good to know!

I am thrilled to pieces with my hands - they look GREAT. I am so happy about all that! They looked really rough for a few days. I told my husband, "Get ready to look rough if you get much zapped on your face!"

I think men can be more vain than women!

Old 01-23-2019, 12:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
She explained to me that we are born with a certain number of fat cells regardless of weight, and that these fat cells will not ever go away, though they can shrink down. So when you freeze them, they eventually slough off in your body and basically you pee them out.
I didn't do it but here is some info on cool sculpting.

https://www.realself.com/coolsculpting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty