Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times

Advertisements

OK, so today, the price was right so I got some "age spots" aka "wisdom marks" (please!) zapped on my hands and one on my cheek. Supposedly they will flake off over the next few weeks so we'll see. I am contemplating coolscupture for my chin - I am genetically predisposed to a double chin and a crepey neck. The coolscupture won't address wrinkles but it will remove the fat pad (which is definitely there) so who knows.

Have you had anything "done" and if so, what would you recommend and what would you avoid like the plague? (Ie, botox - LOL!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 07:33 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
When I was 18 I had my nose, which had been broken two or three times, straightened. All was good through bar fights and other strenuous activities until I was around forty five. That's when it was broken again breaking up a fight between a student and another teacher.

I was pissed. It's had that new minor bend in it since.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:36 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
That's exciting! I would love to have my nose done. lol

Old 01-04-2019, 07:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Well, actually I realized I had something "cosmetic" already done but I really considered it to be reconstructive - I had a wreck when I was in my teens and had to have a lot of reconstructive surgery done to my mouth. It worked beautifully and I'm happy with it but it wasn't age related and I haven't thought about it in decades.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Has anyone ever had lipo or anything done to help with abdominal fat?

I'm one of those that dieted and exercised like crazy and that fat layer is still there no matter what. It shrinks in size but never goes away and readily blows up. I wish I could get rid of it.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:07 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
The cost is prohibitive, but I think I'd have them tighten my facial skin a bit, especially where a student dentist made me hold my mouth wide open for what seemed like hours. Due to that ordeal, I have vertical lines going down from the corners of my mouth.

I would never, ever get botox or get injected with any foreign substance. I would just get some sort of tightening if I could afford it. Neck probably, too. A friend checked into getting it done and found it was way too expensive.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:39 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, so today, the price was right so I got some "age spots" aka "wisdom marks" (please!) zapped on my hands and one on my cheek. Supposedly they will flake off over the next few weeks so we'll see. I am contemplating coolscupture for my chin - I am genetically predisposed to a double chin and a crepey neck. The coolscupture won't address wrinkles but it will remove the fat pad (which is definitely there) so who knows.

Have you had anything "done" and if so, what would you recommend and what would you avoid like the plague? (Ie, botox - LOL!)
I'm a male (so vanity is not limited to females), and I've had brown spots removed from my face with a laser at a plastic surgeon practice. It worked great and did not leave scars like LN2 does. It's a pretty reasonable cost too ... $250. I go in for a "touchup" about once a year.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:58 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,403,338 times
I've had lip injections twice this year.. I know they've gotten very trendy in the last few years and a lot of them look overdone.. However, I think mine look quite natural and fit my face. The last time I had them done was in November and they hurt soo bad. But I think they're worth it. I always used to overline my top lip because it was so thin and now I don't have to anymore. The place I go charges $500.. it's pretty pricey, but I like the results.

Old 01-05-2019, 01:27 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,033 times
I want my teeth done..veneers, implants..whatever to make my smile all nice and perfect. If I could afford it that would be what I'd do. Of course, it's one of the more expensive things one can do and I'll never have that kind of money

I looked into botox for TMJ, but they have to do a lot of injections and it only lasts around 3 months. I did the math and there is no way. But again, if money was no option

I had a wart thing shaved off the bridge of my nose once, but that's it lol

Old 01-05-2019, 05:09 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I've been seeing commercials for cool sculpting. Wondering if anyone has had it done on their abdomen. My daughter could use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty