Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 07:51 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Agree. I will go further and say, not only are flip flops uncomfortable, I believe they will do long term damage to the feet.

By the way...I'm curious about your second paragraph above. Are you saying that you like "big sneakers", or do you mean that you are a large person who likes sneakers?
No, I'm an average sized guy and I like appropriately sized sneakers. I just meant that I'm a big fan of sneakers in general. I have many different pairs of sneakers and I'm always looking to acquire more.

I agree with you about flip flops being unhealthy for feet if worn too much. They offer no support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 07:51 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Agree. I will go further and say, not only are flip flops uncomfortable, I believe they will do long term damage to the feet.

By the way...I'm curious about your second paragraph above. Are you saying that you like "big sneakers", or do you mean that you are a large person who likes sneakers?
Yeah flip flops aren’t great for foot health, but shoes aren’t either. I think they cancel each other out.

If you want style with flip flops, it’s shorts. If you want summer styles, you have some other options. If you want sandals, you kinda gotta stick with shorts.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:54 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Yeah flip flops aren’t great for foot health, but shoes aren’t either. I think they cancel each other out.

Yeah, like I said, my feet swell during the summer and then my feet start to feel a bit tight in the shoe. That can't be good for my feet either. That's how people get bunions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I agree with you about flip flops being unhealthy for feet if worn too much. They offer no support.

But then again, same goes with a lot of sneakers. I bought a pair of Nike Revolution sneakers last year... no support whatsoever. I believe a pair of Reef flip flops would've been better for my arches.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Well I'm back to being stylish again. Sandals like THESE look really goofy and more like something my dad would wear. Flip flops are a better looking, more stylish type open toed footwear. And also the added ease of slipping them on and off make flip flops more fun to wear.

I bought a pair of THESE Sanuk flip flops last summer when I went to the beach with some friends and thought my feet were in heaven wearing them. It's got a soft yoga mat footbed and very soft sandal straps. It would be great if I can spend my entire summer wearing nothing but these.
Give it a shot and see how it works. I think they're fine to wear most places with shorts. I probably wouldn't wear them to a nice restaurant or any type of formal event, but for casual outings, I can't see a problem with them as long as you like them and they're comfortable for you. But if you start getting foot pain, reconsider.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, my feet swell during the summer and then my feet start to feel a bit tight in the shoe. That can't be good for my feet either. That's how people get bunions.
Do you know what causes the swelling? I hope it's not indicative of a health issue that is unrelated to the type of shoes you are wearing.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:01 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,412,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Do you know what causes the swelling? I hope it's not indicative of a health issue that is unrelated to the type of shoes you are wearing.

It's due to the heat and the stress of walking too much. I don't have the problem in the winter; only in the summer because it's hot out and I'm walking so much.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:

But then again, same goes with a lot of sneakers. I bought a pair of Nike Revolution sneakers last year... no support whatsoever. I believe a pair of Reef flip flops would've been better for my arches.
Not familiar with those particular sneakers, but you do need to get a pair with good support if you're going to wear sneakers. And there are some with mesh that keep the feet from getting too hot.

But if flip flops work for you, go for it man. See how they work out. Maybe you could have another pair of shoes available the first couple of times you do a lot of walking in flip flops, in case you start to get foot pain.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 PM

1,517 posts, read 991,344 times
Cough cough Chacos cough cough cough cough......

Old 01-28-2020, 04:47 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
I say, no way to flip-flops for anyone not at a gym shower.

If you're looking for style, go for the over the calf black socks with brightly colored Crocs!

You'll get noticed!

Old 01-28-2020, 06:44 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
It seems that you prefer to wear flip-flops and want everyone to agree that they look best when wearing shorts.

Count me in the "don't agree" column.

Flip-flops are beach wear. If you have swelling in your feet in sneakers, rethink the model. Or buy a little larger to accommodate the swelling.

Or buy a pair of boat shoes. And get yourself some no-show socks - pick a light-weight style - and wear them with your sneakers/boat shoes.

But skip the flip-flops unless you're on vacation. Real grown-ups wear real shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty