Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 08:27 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Here's something to back you up, hertfordshire:

- this is halfway into the article -
Craving coverage? Opt for foundation, which works to improve skin tone while also camouflaging blemishes. Foundations of the past were known for being thick and cakey on the skin, but the application, comfort, and finish of today's formulas bear a striking difference. It's true that foundation is thicker in consistency than tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams, but the beauty of this base product is that it's available in a wide range of thickness, from light to medium to heavy. Plus, they're more likely to come in a slew of shades for all different skin tones, and can be used for both everyday wear or special occasions that call for heavier coverage.

Older women do prefer foundations......I never disagreed with that. BUT you are not comparing it to BB cream. Foundations may be less thick now...but they are still thicker & don't absorb the way BB cream does. edit: your copied piece even says "craving more coverage".........so....that's what I've been saying all along... Thank you very much for posting that.

I said it before...I'm not comparing old foundations to new foundations. I'm not old enough to do that. I'm comparing BB creams to foundations.

Foundations come in a lot of shades beause they don't absorb as well & they are heavier coverage....like your article says...so you have to match it exactly or you see women that have a different color face than neck. BB creams you don't have that....so it has fewer tones....it blends into your skin almost like a tinted moisturizer & some of them have a moisturizer for one step daily skin care. I'm so sorry that some other women are having such a hard time with this.....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 07-24-2020 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 08:48 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Older women do prefer foundations.....
Stop generalizing age group and preferences. You're just showing yourself to be immature and uninformed. Plenty of older women prefer BBs or CCs or tinted moisturizers or nothing at all. And plenty of younger women prefer full coverage. Preferences vary WIDELY with every age group.

Having a YouTube channel does not make you an authority. It just makes you someone with a camera.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:02 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Older women do prefer foundations......I never disagreed with that. BUT you are not comparing it to BB cream. Foundations may be less thick now...but they are still thicker & don't absorb the way BB cream does. edit: your copied piece even says "craving more coverage".........so....that's what I've been saying all along... Thank you very much for posting that.

I said it before...I'm not comparing old foundations to new foundations. I'm not old enough to do that. I'm comparing BB creams to foundations.

Foundations come in a lot of shades beause they don't absorb as well & they are heavier coverage....like your article says...so you have to match it exactly or you see women that have a different color face than neck. BB creams you don't have that....so it has fewer tones....it blends into your skin almost like a tinted moisturizer & some of them have a moisturizer for one step daily skin care. I'm so sorry that some other women are having such a hard time with this.....
Well, I guess you'll be doomed with the rest of us "older ladies"...maybe 15 years or less and you'll be LOVING your foundation.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Well, I guess you'll be doomed with the rest of us "older ladies"...maybe 15 years or less and you'll be LOVING your foundation.

I'm sry you felt so personally insulted when I say that "older women" might want more coverage....it's not meant to be. AND....I'm in my early 30s......so....didn't say that I'm never going to get old. BUT...at least I'll be the "younger woman" in my relationship!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:30 AM

16,077 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
I'm sry you felt so personally insulted when I say that "older women" might want more coverage....it's not meant to be. AND....I'm in my early 30s......so....didn't say that I'm never going to get old. BUT...at least I'll be the "younger woman" in my relationship!
Instead of continuously apologizing for insulting people maybe stop and think about how what you post will come across? There's a lot of arrogance in your posts.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Instead of continuously apologizing for insulting people maybe stop and think about how what you post will come across? There's a lot of arrogance in your posts.

I thanked Reneeh63 very much for posting the article that backed what I was saying....I wasn't being arrogant. IMO ppl are being super sensitive to keep up about it. The thread should get back to whether women are wearing less makeup because of masks.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:53 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
I thanked Reneeh63 very much for posting the article that backed what I was saying....I wasn't being arrogant. IMO ppl are being super sensitive to keep up about it. The thread should get back to whether women are wearing less makeup because of masks.
Nope, wearing exactly the same amount of "makeup" - that is, foundation.

Ya know, I bet you could DOUBLE your audience if you stopped unintentionally stepping on those who are out of their 30's...but to do that you need to become aware.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Ya know, I bet you could DOUBLE your audience if you stopped unintentionally stepping on those who are out of their 30's...but to do that you need to become aware.

Audience....on my channel?? I have over 800,000 subscribers & I don't step on anybody........BUT my makeup reviews & sponsorship ads are mostly products for the same age range ofc.....late 20s to 30s.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:23 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Apparently I have to spread the love before I rep you again.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:33 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
I agree. a person may not mean to come off this way but their posts reflect otherwise. As my husband always says what you mean and what you say are two different things and can be misconstrue. on a lighter note I guess I'll add myself to the "older women's category" Since I'll be 50 in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty