Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2021, 06:34 AM

602 posts, read 504,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Having said that, we raised our daughters without any pointers as to what should be appropriate for their gender. But they quickly ended up gravitating towards “girl stuff”, clothing most especially included. So, there’s a lot more going on there and that’s why I say you can’t just slap an absolute on it and call it done.
But did you do the same for your sons (if you have any)?

Old 05-16-2021, 07:56 AM

824 posts, read 705,177 times
gota put a label on it or it will not sell

Old 05-16-2021, 09:15 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
As a size 12, almost 6 foot tall woman who's widest part of the body is her thighs & the narrowest her waist; I can't imagine more of nightmare than having all the pants mixed in to one department, or displayed on some website without "Men's" or "Women's" designation.

I spent decades trying on Men's pants for their length & found that the cut that men need in pants to be comfortable doesn't work on a feminine body shape. The waist is either too high or too low (muffin top), the thighs are way too tight & there is all this extra bulk in the crotch. The only thing I like in men's pants is the length & that they have actually functional pockets, lol.

The only pants that ever could have fit the bill for gender-neutral that worked for everybody were the 1980s Levi button-fly 501's. Those made everybody look good. Nothing since then has worked.

And; in order to find t-shirts long enough I would have to buy a Men's XL & then they are too hot because the sleeves are huge & I look like a rectangle. No thanks. Finding clothes that fit is already so much of a hassle, this would make it impossible.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:36 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I think the OP needs to come back and clarify on whether we should all wear the same exact clothes, or if she is talking about the freedom to wear all types of clothes for both genders.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-16-2021, 09:54 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the OP needs to come back and clarify on whether we should all wear the same exact clothes, or if she is talking about the freedom to wear all types of clothes for both genders.

Ppl already have the freedom to wear all types of clothes tho. Why does her personal decision have to involve everybody else? If she wants to dress in men’s jeans or shirts...then do that.

Old 05-16-2021, 10:03 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ppl already have the freedom to wear all types of clothes tho. Why does her personal decision have to involve everybody else? If she wants to dress in men’s jeans or shirts...then do that.
Well, most of the conversations have been regarding men's freedom to wear different types of clothes without being harrassed.

But like I said, she needs to clarify what she meant.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-16-2021, 10:12 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
They do? Then why did that guy go off on the teen wearing a prom dress? https://people.com/human-interest/te...dress-to-prom/
Why are there people on this thread making comments that lace and heels aren't masculine? Guys might literally be able to wear them, but what is that without the acceptance do so? Would you personally like to be considered "not feminine" simply because you chose to wear a pair of pants?

Old 05-16-2021, 10:18 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Right, and with more people coming out as non-binary or gender fluid, even though it's still a very small population, these people want more options to express themselves through fashion. Like, the plot of Kinky Boots centered around how difficult it is for drag queens and trans women to find shoes that fit.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:38 AM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
I wish they would overturn that damn law where women HAVE to buy women's clothes and men HAVE to buy men's clothes.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:39 AM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Since society decided they should dictate what's acceptable? Don't tell me you aren't old enough to realize that women had to fight to be accepted wearing pants?

It's a shame we can't have a real conversation about it here, instead people are already coming in with pointless and/or political commentary.
Hmm....like 40 years ago, right? (That emoji comes in so handy in threads like these).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty