Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 10:20 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

You should see me in a red Thong and 5 inch heels. It's quite the sight to see.

It may have been answered but don't mens jeans give you a little extra in the crotch? Not sure most guys would like those tight in the waist, hips, crotch womens jeans.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:22 AM

19,623 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wear jeans. Jeans started as a men's only clothing item. Now they have been morphed into female clothing. Technically they are still both.

Some men want that option with dresses.

If jeans can morph to become feminine, dresses can morph to become masculine.

Or the can also be masculine and feminine, respectively.

I can wear a cute summer dress, but "masculine" it up with biker boots and a leather jacket. Or I can make it more feminine with strappy heels and delicate jewelry.

I remember the 80s when some of the guys thought it so GAY to wear a pink Izod. Or those girly-men wearing spandex, eyeliner, and long hair.

It's all fluid.
Pink Izod was full on preppy. The guys who thought it was gay were probably of a different class.
Pink was so popular in the 80s that Sonny Crockett in Miami Vice wore pink shirts (and white canvas shoes) and he was a masculine sex symbol.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:25 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Pink Izod was full on preppy. The guys who thought it was gay were probably of a different class.
Pink was so popular in the 80s that Sonny Crockett in Miami Vice wore pink shirts (and white canvas shoes) and he was a masculine sex symbol.
Yes, that's kinda the point.

I was with the group that all had bands, and the guys stole our aquanet and eyeliner.

But yes, all that became acceptable, with a shrinking subset of guys that thought it was "gay" (to use the vernacular at the time).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-17-2021, 10:49 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You should see me in a red Thong and 5 inch heels. It's quite the sight to see.

It may have been answered but don't mens jeans give you a little extra in the crotch? Not sure most guys would like those tight in the waist, hips, crotch womens jeans.
Styles, not the actual pieces of clothing. Jeans are jeans are jeans, they can be cut to fit men, women children, infants. Jeans 'have no gender'

FWIW my ex used to strip at a club, the women absolutely loved (and generously tipped) his red g-string, the one he bought in women's wear.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:00 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

FWIW my ex used to strip at a club, the women absolutely loved (and generously tipped) his red g-string, the one he bought in women's wear.

Tho why did he have to buy a women’s g string? There are men’s g strings in all kind of colors. AND..sizing would be easier if he got a man’s ofc because they are made to cover stuff we don’t have.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:40 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
clothing should have no gender, what do you think?

Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
Wow, there is a lot to unpack here. We (planet earth) have always had gender typical clothing styles for men and women. Not sure where you got the "now day's....." from.

As far as clothing being gender specific, you need to reach out to designers/labels about this and include their R&D, Strategic Planning and Marketing divisions. They make and market to targeted groups of people because of potential profits.

Also, men and women's bodies are shaped differently. So it will not look right or feel right for a man to wear women's boot cut jeans. And not many women are going to feel pretty/sexy wearing men's cut wranglers. So you can easily see the need for "mens jeans" and "women's jeans" and this applies to most all other articles of clothing.

You state "..the importend (sp) thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm....." which may have been true the old days or in climates like Alaska, but people wear what looks and feels good on them. And its also important to note that people can wear whatever they want. Look at Magic Johnson's son E.J. and that actor guy Billy Pointer (i think thats his name). They both wear women's clothing and are happy.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:16 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times
I'm reminded of "Doonesbury" a few decades back, where "Uncle Duke" had as a protege a female Chinese communist named "Honey", who always wore baggy, green army fatigues, a Moe Howard hair cut, big round glasses, and always referred to Duke as "Sir". This is likely what the OP wants, who knew Trudeau was so far ahead of his time? While we're at it, we may as well limit food choices, since the only reason we eat is for nourishment - grasshoppers and crickets are an excellent choice for protein. Same with reading; limit it to technical manuals or Party literature. Music? Why bother, anything that disrupts the communal thought process is counterproductive.

OP, please go get Woke on somebody else's dime, what your ilk purports as intellectualism, is actually laughable. Kind of like fascist tactics plastered with the moniker "anti-fascism".

Edit: As I'm sure has already been stated, a big reason clothing for opposite sexes is made differently, is because women are built differently than men. Women's hips are wider for childbearing; men's shoulders are wider (not sure why, probably strength-related). Many other differences as well with the basic framework, and then there's the whole "boobies/hoo-hoo/wee-wee" aspect. I realize it's impolite (and inconvenient) to bring up biology when discussing the sexes, but hey, when you want to eliminate ten thousand years of social evolution overnight, gotta break some eggs, right?

Last edited by Curly Q. Bobalink; 05-17-2021 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-17-2021, 06:46 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Tho why did he have to buy a women’s g string? There are men’s g strings in all kind of colors. AND..sizing would be easier if he got a man’s ofc because they are made to cover stuff we don’t have.
Lol, because I am old, men's g-strings didn't really exist then, which is sort of the whole point of the arguments I'm making in favor of non gender clothing and social constructs that change with time. (and strippers aren't overly concerned with 'covering' )

Old 05-18-2021, 04:10 AM

3 posts, read 1,540 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
i think it depand on culture.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:45 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Lol, because I am old, men's g-strings didn't really exist then, which is sort of the whole point of the arguments I'm making in favor of non gender clothing and social constructs that change with time. (and strippers aren't overly concerned with 'covering' )

It’s not nude dancing tho....so how did a woman’s even fit him? Men’s g strings have “cups” or a lot of extra material to hold stuff in place for them.

IMO you made a point in favor of gender clothing....to show that we have different needs & things to be covered. It makes no sense IMO for a man to wear a woman’s g string or a woman to wear a man’s. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s like saying men should wear bikinis & bras...AND women should wear jockstraps.

edit: Ofc there is gender clothing.....but your ex can still wear ladies panties AND everybody can wear what they want. But why change it for everybody? Some want the differences.... I love my husband dressing & being “manly”.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 05-18-2021 at 08:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty