Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2021, 03:19 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times

Advertisements

Historically, and until rather recently, infant, baby and toddler clothes had no genders. They were baby clothes.
In some circles, that is still true. I dressed my children in babies in baby clothes. Most of them were not gender specific and were very classic.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:35 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
Physical differences. A zipper fly is one example. Come on

Old 05-19-2021, 06:39 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times
Quote:
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
The answer is simple: because the majority of people like to dress gender specific!

I can see, however, that in the nearest future under the pretense of a "woke" culture each of us gender non-withstanding would be socially forced to double our closet space as it will become a norm and be expected to have 2 sets of wear:
-one - masculine to express our "masculine" side and wear it during our "masculine"life period and the other set is feminine looking for when each of us is in touch with our "feminine" side.

Further marketing will force another new social norm upon us- to have a third set of clothing which is strictly gender non-specific! (under penalty of law)

So we all have 3 sets of clothing!! Yeah! Capitalism!
Sell! Sell! Sell! Imagine the profits?
(It will certainly lead to the outmost necessity to have more closet space, which will hike the demand for acquiring much larger homes for even more so desirable economic "growth"; more profits!)

We already witnessed the marketing manage to have women shaving and then made almost required that men should shave even more as well - to be as smooth all over as "womanly" possible!

The sale of shaving cream and the razors - are now quadrupled!?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 05-19-2021 at 06:57 PM..

Old 05-20-2021, 05:28 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Default you're hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Agreed. Many women already have that option. I think it's time men did too. If they feel comfortable in a skirt or wearing ruffles and lace let 'em have at it.
when was the last time I saw a real lady in a dress?? sheesh. the last century. or the century before that?? I think we're already here. saw this guy in a skirt but it's downtown Vancouver, BC so they ALL are wearing skirts. like that greasy topknot guy on the exercise bike on the Uber Eats Ad. Ewwwwwwww.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:30 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,159,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
when was the last time I saw a real lady in a dress?? sheesh. the last century. or the century before that?? I think we're already here. saw this guy in a skirt but it's downtown Vancouver, BC so they ALL are wearing skirts. like that greasy topknot guy on the exercise bike on the Uber Eats Ad. Ewwwwwwww.
Ring a ding ding, we have a winner, lol. You know if twenty years ago there had been a thread about man buns it would have probably gone about the same way..."no, never, too girly, not me" (or not my guy), or "I only go to the barber, salons are only for women", but here we are FWIW

Old 05-20-2021, 07:45 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Ring a ding ding, we have a winner, lol. You know if twenty years ago there had been a thread about man buns it would have probably gone about the same way..."no, never, too girly, not me" (or not my guy), or "I only go to the barber, salons are only for women", but here we are FWIW
We've all been complaining about man buns in here for like ten years now lol

Old 05-21-2021, 06:36 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Physical differences. A zipper fly is one example. Come on
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
When I was working in the office, in summer, I wore a dress or skirt every single day. I can’t stand the heat of our summers here and there is nothing cooler than a dress or a skirt. I know lots of other women that feel the same way. Way easier to get dressed, go to the bathroom, everything. I never understood the appeal of pants except in cooler weather.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:39 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Silly question on so many levels.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:42 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Personally, I like a man to look and dress like a man. And I like to look feminine, even sexy at times. I like the difference in gender appearance.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:50 AM

30 posts, read 18,193 times
for example, this looks good, https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/493284965432398193/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty