Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 08:44 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't think "younger people now" are "more accepting" of clothing styles than those growing up in the 1960s or 1970s or 1980s or 1990s or 2000s or whatever though (generally speaking).

You must not see the many threads & posts in this forum where older women ridicule & criticize younger women who embrace our bodies AND love to wear skirts, low cut tees or a little makeup. Even this thread^^ kinda says it all about not accepting & respecting all women. I would never tell another woman she can’t dress in baggy jeans with a baggy top & army boots if that’s what makes her comfortable or say that all women need to conform to the way I feel. It’s so narcissistic.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You must not see the many threads & posts in this forum where older women ridicule & criticize younger women who embrace our bodies AND love to wear skirts, low cut tees or a little makeup. Even this thread^^ kinda says it all about not accepting & respecting all women. I would never tell another woman she can’t dress in baggy jeans with a baggy top & army boots if that’s what makes her comfortable or say that all women need to conform to the way I feel. It’s so narcissistic.
Me either and no, I haven't noticed a breakdown by age of negative comments on this forum but then I don't keep up with the ages of posters so there's that.

I don't know how old anyone is - I barely know who is male or female! (And I'm sometimes wrong about that - LOL)

I also don't confuse this forum with real life.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:

I also don't confuse this forum with real life.

Well...social media & forums are a reflection of real life...for most of us. It’s real life when women don’t support all women in our choices about our clothing or makeup in a Fashion & Beauty thread.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:07 AM

127 posts, read 64,627 times
Quote:

So true. Individuality makes things far more exciting.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Well...social media & forums are a reflection of real life...for most of us. It’s real life when women don’t support all women in our choices about our clothing or makeup in a Fashion & Beauty thread.
Like I said, I don't confuse this forum with real life. But I'm a natural born skeptic. Bonjour! And check out my new status quote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DZbSlkFoSU

Old 08-11-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Like I said, I don't confuse this forum with real life.

So....you don’t express your real opinions in the forum?

Old 08-11-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
So....you don’t express your real opinions in the forum?
Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. What I said was that I don't confuse this forum with real life. Or ANY forum - or ANY social media for that matter. (Yes, I'll expand that.)

I'll go even further - I'm only responsible for my own behaviors, not the behaviors of others. Thank God for that.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:11 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
I think people have the right to wear whatever makes them feel good but I have the right to have an (unexpressed) opinion regarding their attire.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. What I said was that I don't confuse this forum with real life. Or ANY forum - or ANY social media for that matter.

Ok...but it’s a real life forum to me, just like my other social media to express my opinion about beauty, lifestyle, relationships & fashion. I met my husband on The League AND I make money on Insta & YouTube. I always look for new subjects. I even asked ppl what they thought of O.P.s subject^^ AND others I’ve gotten from City Data or other forums. edit: some aren’t serious tho.

O.P.s subject runs older IMO. Younger women are more about makeup & showing a more feminine style in clothing AND most of my followers are women in their 20s to 30s ofc. I know that older ppl aren’t always used to social media tho or like it much....or beauty & fashion. So I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable or it’s not real life for you. But IMO clothing shouldn’t have to hide our gender or be neutral BUT I totally support ppl wearing what they want to wear. I also totally support social media as real life. It’s 2021. AND...if this forum or other forums aren’t real life to you...what’s the point of you being here?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-12-2021 at 09:17 AM..

Old 08-12-2021, 08:25 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,159,132 times
Jeebuz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty