Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 08:41 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,130,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Well...social media & forums are a reflection of real life...for most of us. It’s real life when women don’t support all women in our choices about our clothing or makeup in a Fashion & Beauty thread.

Maybe you're too young to know but IRL, was a statement made to differentiate between online and offline. And there is a lot of behavior online that would never happen face to face.

So, because I'm a woman, I'm expected to support all women in whatever choices they make fashionwise? Because I've seen some pretty hideous things out there and more boobs swinging around on the outside of their top than I care to see but you think that I should support all of that because I'm a female?

Old 08-12-2021, 08:55 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Maybe you're too young to know but IRL, was a statement made to differentiate between online and offline. And there is a lot of behavior online that would never happen face to face.

There are liars & things that shouldn’t happen offline too BUT that’s just ppl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AND some ppl don’t see it as “real life” so they feel they can do or say whatever they want on it & not be held accountable. I see it with some comments on my channel....but it’s a super small percentage. Most are really nice. BUT what you don’t hear is all the positive stuff about social media & how it’s very much a part of our real lives...especially for younger generations. Some ppl love to talk about the negative side tho.

AND...IRL is still used for when ppl play online games so I do know that phrase. BUT forums & social media aren’t games...they are real life. edit: super big difference IMO.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-12-2021 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-12-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post

So, because I'm a woman, I'm expected to support all women in whatever choices they make fashionwise? Because I've seen some pretty hideous things out there and more boobs swinging around on the outside of their top than I care to see but you think that I should support all of that because I'm a female?

Tho I didn’t say that you should agree with it...just support it’s their choice or don’t care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t agree with women who wear army boots & super baggy clothes...(or stuff that I think is hideous)...but I do support their choice to wear what they want to be comfortable & it doesn’t change me or how much I love fashion. I’m going to wear what I want to wear.^^ Edit: It’s narcissistic IMO to think other women would care what we think is hideous tho...right? All we can do is be ourselves & respect other ppl to be themselves. So this “gender neutral” stuff^^ seems like it’s about not accepting differences in gender or individual style.

So...why does it matter to you how they dress because it’s their boobs? If we want to wear a low cut tee to show a little peek......how will that affect your life?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-12-2021 at 09:47 AM..

Old 08-12-2021, 09:34 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,072,030 times
TashaPosh, this was a topic on another forum. A lot of women posted on it...the bottom line is that women who show their endowments are making it hard for other women--their FRIENDS and SISTERS. These other women's husbands and boyfriends are going to have lustful thoughts about the woman who's showing off--and lustful thoughts is really the same as cheating. It sets up your boyfriend or husband to feel dissatisfied with what he's got at home. Like, "why doesn't my wife dress like that?" "Why doesn't my wife lose some weight?" "Why doesn't my girlfriend look more sexy?" Would you want your husband or boyfriend to be eyeballing someone else's breasts or butt? Especially when you and your man are having problems? I sure wouldn't. So, if you care about other women, then don't do it.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
TashaPosh, this was a topic on another forum. A lot of women posted on it...the bottom line is that women who show their endowments are making it hard for other women--their FRIENDS and SISTERS. These other women's husbands and boyfriends are going to have lustful thoughts about the woman who's showing off--and lustful thoughts is really the same as cheating. It sets up your boyfriend or husband to feel dissatisfied with what he's got at home. Like, "why doesn't my wife dress like that?" "Why doesn't my wife lose some weight?" "Why doesn't my girlfriend look more sexy?" Would you want your husband or boyfriend to be eyeballing someone else's breasts or butt? Especially when you and your man are having problems? I sure wouldn't. So, if you care about other women, then don't do it.

So you think if we all dress like we are Amish or prudes or “gender neutral”.....it’s going to keep men from cheating or make relationships better than they are?

Healthy relationships are between 2 ppl....not 2 ppl & all women. It shouldn’t require controlling what other women wear to be happy AND if it does, it’s not a healthy relationship worth having IMO.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:21 PM

127 posts, read 64,627 times
Quote:
So you think if we all dress like we are Amish or prudes or “gender neutral”.....it’s going to keep men from cheating or make relationships better than they are?

Healthy relationships are between 2 ppl....not 2 ppl & all women. It shouldn’t require controlling what other women wear to be happy AND if it does, it’s not a healthy relationship worth having IMO.
Cheating has been going on since Neandethals. I guess those sexy animal skins some women wore was to blame, lol

Old 08-12-2021, 12:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Ok...but it’s a real life forum to me, just like my other social media to express my opinion about beauty, lifestyle, relationships & fashion. I met my husband on The League AND I make money on Insta & YouTube. I always look for new subjects. I even asked ppl what they thought of O.P.s subject^^ AND others I’ve gotten from City Data or other forums. edit: some aren’t serious tho.

O.P.s subject runs older IMO. Younger women are more about makeup & showing a more feminine style in clothing AND most of my followers are women in their 20s to 30s ofc. I know that older ppl aren’t always used to social media tho or like it much....or beauty & fashion. So I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable or it’s not real life for you. But IMO clothing shouldn’t have to hide our gender or be neutral BUT I totally support ppl wearing what they want to wear. I also totally support social media as real life. It’s 2021. AND...if this forum or other forums aren’t real life to you...what’s the point of you being here?
Coupla things jump out at me:

1) You are apparently still trying to make me say things I am not saying. For instance, neither social media in general or you in particular make me feel uncomfortable. I never said that, and I don't feel it. So that's why I didn't say it.

2) I look at social media as a reflection of some aspects of real life only. I have my own reasons for being here, as do you - and so does everyone else. But when I say social media is not real life - well, for me, no it's not. It's one aspect of life - it's like a one dimensional aspect of life. It's quite limited. It's also very easy to manipulate, which is why I don't believe much of what I read or hear on the internet, unless it's from a reputable source or person.

3) You asked what's the point of me being here? I'm assuming you actually want to know since you asked the question, though perhaps it's a rhetorical question. Anyway, I'll tell you - I mainly frequent this forum to glean ideas and viewpoints and sources from other people. I realize that my perspective is just that - only my perspective. I'm actually interested in the perspectives of other people - on a wide variety of topics. Sometimes after I research something, I actually change my mind on a matter. Sometimes I don't - sometimes my thoughts or opinions match up to the further research that I do. Sometimes I find out more about a topic than I knew originally. So it's a type of informal learning to me in most cases. When a topic (such as Fashion and Beauty) doesn't appeal all that much to me, I still often learn more about types of personalities so that can be mildly interesting to me.

Hey, it's free entertainment!

Old 08-12-2021, 01:19 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Wow. I can't even believe I just read that. If your male SO can't control his thoughts around other attractive women, to the point where he'd consider cheating or express his dissatisfaction with you and your relationship, that's a problem for him to solve, not a call for other women to censor themselves. That's the kind of thought process that puts women in burkhas and abayas.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-12-2021 at 01:48 PM..

Old 08-12-2021, 01:33 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Say what? I thought we all accepted long ago that women are NOT responsible for men’s behavior. If a husband acts as you describe above, it’s a problem with HIM. Other women are not responsible for his reactions nor should they have to change their clothing or behavior based on his issues.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 08-12-2021 at 02:07 PM..

Old 08-12-2021, 02:53 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,130,024 times
Quote:
There are liars & things that shouldn’t happen offline too BUT that’s just ppl. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AND some ppl don’t see it as “real life” so they feel they can do or say whatever they want on it & not be held accountable. I see it with some comments on my channel....but it’s a super small percentage. Most are really nice. BUT what you don’t hear is all the positive stuff about social media & how it’s very much a part of our real lives...especially for younger generations. Some ppl love to talk about the negative side tho.

AND...IRL is still used for when ppl play online games so I do know that phrase. BUT forums & social media aren’t games...they are real life. edit: super big difference IMO.

You play semantics with words. You take Kathryn's statement about real life and turn it totally into something else. You avoid the main issues that were being discussed by diverting attention to side comments. In one way, you'd make a good attorney. Not because your argument is so spot on but because you bring out so many other issues you try to confuse the other poster.

clothing should have no gender, what do you think?-social-media.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty