Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2021, 06:06 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times

Advertisements

OMG....you should see how people here in VT 'dress.'
It ranges from hilarious to troubling.

Pajamas and slippers at the college....makeup and female clothing on a guy with a beard and a very prominent Adam's apple....oy.
To each their own, eh?

Old 07-11-2021, 06:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Apparently emojis don't work on here lol.
If a woman wants to wear a tux and a man wants to wear a dress then that is quite alright by me*
And it's quite alright by me if a man wants to wear a tux and a woman wants to wear a dress.

Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal for people to dress in whatever they want to dress in. The thing is - for instance, many styles are made specifically for male or female bodies - and they do differ. It's just the way it goes. But if I want to dress like a man, I can do it.

Didn't Prince wear blouses? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8LEx9Mw54

Old 07-11-2021, 08:46 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

Pajamas and slippers at the college....makeup and female clothing on a guy with a beard and a very prominent Adam's apple....oy.
To each their own, eh?

Some ppl are troubled tho...which isn’t hilarious IMO. They aren’t comfortable & happy with who they are.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:11 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Some ppl are troubled tho...which isn’t hilarious IMO. They aren’t comfortable & happy with who they are.
I didn't mean the 'troubled' people were hilarious.

I do find PJs and slippers at the college funny, though.

Old 07-11-2021, 03:22 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:

To each their own, eh?

Quote:
I didn't mean the 'troubled' people were hilarious.

I do find PJs and slippers at the college funny, though.

When we used to hang around in our lobby or somebody else stopped by, it was super common to be in PJs or leggings. It wasn’t funny...it was comfortable & a couple of halls were attached. If we wanted to walk to the cafeteria or library, it’s not like we were going to stop & change clothes to something formal.^^ AND I have my degree now so I don’t care what ppl wear in college anymore.

Tho some men that wear makeup & dresses...or women that dress as men...are troubled IMO & struggle with gender identity. I would never laugh at what ppl wear or what gender they are or want to be. That’s a mean girl kinda thing to do IMO. If some guy wants to wear a dress...it doesn’t harm me. A little compassion goes a long way.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:18 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
What do you mean, nowadays?

Throughout history, clothing has always been gendered. You didn't notice?

Clothing became less gendered in the second half of the 20th century.

And, no, the important thing about clothing isn't to keep us warm. If the main purpose was to keep us warm, we'd be walking around naked in warm weather.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:22 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariajordan View Post
Both male and Females have different body shapes, so they can not wear same dresses, and even if they are same they must be different in sizes according to body index.
I could not care less what shape a person has, let them wear whatever the hell they want.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariajordan View Post
Both male and Females have different body shapes, so they can not wear same dresses, and even if they are same they must be different in sizes according to body index.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And it's quite alright by me if a man wants to wear a tux and a woman wants to wear a dress.

Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal for people to dress in whatever they want to dress in. The thing is - for instance, many styles are made specifically for male or female bodies - and they do differ. It's just the way it goes. But if I want to dress like a man, I can do it.

Didn't Prince wear blouses? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8LEx9Mw54
You're all over the place. It's my belief that people of any sex should be able to wear any garment regardless of what sex that garment was cut to fit.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:47 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I could not care less what shape a person has, let them wear whatever the hell they want.
You don't have to care, but people still need clothes that fit.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You don't have to care, but people still need clothes that fit.
Not everyone wants or needs to have their clothing fit like it was tailor made. For many of us, as long as we can get into it & button/zip it up without busting out then it fits. If we can't then we just buy the next size up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty