Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 03:05 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Tho I didn’t say that you should agree with it...just support it’s their choice or don’t care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t agree with women who wear army boots & super baggy clothes...(or stuff that I think is hideous)...but I do support their choice to wear what they want to be comfortable & it doesn’t change me or how much I love fashion. I’m going to wear what I want to wear.^^ Edit: It’s narcissistic IMO to think other women would care what we think is hideous tho...right? All we can do is be ourselves & respect other ppl to be themselves. So this “gender neutral” stuff^^ seems like it’s about not accepting differences in gender or individual style.

So...why does it matter to you how they dress because it’s their boobs? If we want to wear a low cut tee to show a little peek......how will that affect your life?

It doesn't matter to me... there you go putting words in my mouth. I just don't care for it. To me...supporting it is agreeing with it. If I support one political party, that generally means that's the party I agree with and am voting for.

No.. I don't have to support every woman for every choice she makes out there because I'm a woman.

I'm a member of the human race as much as I am a woman but that doesn't mean I have to support all those humans in all of their choices because I am human. And this topic has veered way off course.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:31 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
You play semantics with words. You take Kathryn's statement about real life and turn it totally into something else. You avoid the main issues that were being discussed by diverting attention to side comments. In one way, you'd make a good attorney. Not because your argument is so spot on but because you bring out so many other issues you try to confuse the other poster.

Attachment 231173

It’s just common sense to me what IRL means & that social media & forums are “real life”. I don’t think my husband has to worry me taking over his job in corporate law.. but thank you. You made my day to tell me I would make a good lawyer even tho I’m not so sure it’s deserved over my opinion about social media.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:

No.. I don't have to support every woman for every choice she makes out there because I'm a woman.

I'm a member of the human race as much as I am a woman but that doesn't mean I have to support all those humans in all of their choices because I am human. And this topic has veered way off course.

Maybe support is not the right word if you’re being picky ....but...we are talking about clothes.^^ Why does what any of us wear matter other than to ourselves? It’s not off topic at all IMO...because this thread is discussing gender neutral clothing. Just accept what ppl wear. ...is that better than support?

Edit:

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me... there you go putting words in my mouth. I just don't care for it. To me...supporting it is agreeing with it. If I support one political party, that generally means that's the party I agree with and am voting for.

Um..we are talking about clothes. Support for a political candidate is a little bit different.^^ Do we all have to vote for the same candidate? Ofc not! Why should we all wear the same type of clothes?

It’s my choice what I wear. It’s your choice what you wear. Right? Is that better than saying support? I just meant...why care what other women wear?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-12-2021 at 04:06 PM..

Old 08-12-2021, 03:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I must have missed it - did writerswife tell anyone what to wear?

Old 08-12-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I must have missed it - did writerswife tell anyone what to wear?

lol. no..... she's twisting it all up again. It's like battling with a toddler that wants a cookie at all costs.... I'm out, lol. The little meme in my previous post says it all.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I think people have the right to wear whatever makes them feel good but I have the right to have an (unexpressed) opinion regarding their attire.

Ita...AND ppl can express their opinion ofc. BUT when ppl say they don’t support the idea of women...or men...wearing what they want to wear, that’s more hideous to me than anything ppl wear.^^

Old 08-12-2021, 04:32 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:
Ita...AND ppl can express their opinion ofc. BUT when ppl say they don’t support the idea of women...or men...wearing what they want to wear, that’s more hideous to me than anything ppl wear.^^
So if one's teenage daughter was headed out the door dressed like, in mom's opinion, a two bit street walker the daughter should be supported in her choice?

Old 08-12-2021, 04:40 PM

127 posts, read 64,627 times
Quote:

I agree with you.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
So if one's teenage daughter was headed out the door dressed like, in mom's opinion, a two bit street walker the daughter should be supported in her choice?

Tho ofc a mom & daughter is A LOT different than caring about the woman at the store who is wearing a low cut tee or a man that wants to wear a skirt. I’m talking about supporting other adult women. Women who are moms have a say in what their children wear...we don’t tho. AND they don’t have a say in what anybody else wears. Sorry.....BUT....don’t you see the difference?

Old 08-12-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:

You really should improve your reading comprehension skills. I never said that I didn't support the idea that people can wear what they want. I questioned your comment that because I am a woman, I must support other women's choices in fashion. I don't have to support their choice.

And I WAS around in the fight for women's rights days and the burning of the bra and fought for those rights. Probably did more than you ever did... sistah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty