Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 02:36 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
They just look dangerous to me. I was watching The Voice recently and Gwen Stefani had these mile long pointy fingernails and while she was waving her hands around while talking I was afraid she'd gouge out her eye. Those nails must be able to come off in a pinch (press on?) because there's no way you can do anything with those talons on. No way. How can you even go to the bathroom with those things.

I just think they look trailer trash fugly.
Especially in combination with plaster paris-thick eyelashes too heavy for their eyelids to lift and buttocks wider than their shoulders! Why anyone wants to portray themselves as deformed or helpless because they're incapable of doing anything physical escapes me.

Recently I've noticed in a few TV ads showing young women with light colored dots of some sort of makeup near their eyes. Who wants to look like they have a massive zit on their face?

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-22-2023 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 04:33 PM

5,010 posts, read 591,763 times
Well, I really don't like to be critical, BUT - older women wearing low-cut tops that reveal their saggy cleavage.

Old 12-23-2023, 08:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
It's the lack of body shaming...which has led people to think that just because they can squeeze into it....they should wear it. And I get it people should be proud of themselves, and love themselves at whatever size they are.

But come on. Does a size 26 really need to wear a tube top and daisy dukes in public? And it's not just larger sizes. I once saw a woman who had to be at least 70 in a mini skirt. Thin skin and purple veins in her legs just a popping everywhere.

Just stop it. But whatever......
No body shaming but old ladies need to hide their skin?

I live where it's hot and yes, we old ladies wear skirts, shorts and even sleeveless tops.

Sorry, not wearing a burka. I earned my wrinkly skin.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:04 AM

24,522 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
It's the lack of body shaming...which has led people to think that just because they can squeeze into it....they should wear it. And I get it people should be proud of themselves, and love themselves at whatever size they are.

But come on. Does a size 26 really need to wear a tube top and daisy dukes in public? And it's not just larger sizes. I once saw a woman who had to be at least 70 in a mini skirt. Thin skin and purple veins in her legs just a popping everywhere.

Let's hope that you are perfectly in shape, well groomed and dressed.

When it is 100F in the shade my dresses get shorter and shorter.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:47 AM

3,265 posts, read 1,745,602 times
Funny in an odd way how some folk think how others should dress, act, drive, ect.....
If that's all you got to worry about, life must be perfect!

Old 12-23-2023, 11:16 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:

There seems to be a lack of body awareness. I don’t think it used to be this way. Instead of camouflaging their flaws, women seem to think if they ignore them, they don’t exist.

Personally, as I’ve grown older, I’ve had to give up sleeveless tops and shorts. I used to have fabulous legs and firm arms, but now I have lumpy, old lady legs, and flabby arms. Your welcome.

Old 12-23-2023, 02:36 PM

1,136 posts, read 612,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There seems to be a lack of body awareness. I don’t think it used to be this way. Instead of camouflaging their flaws, women seem to think if they ignore them, they don’t exist.

Personally, as I’ve grown older, I’ve had to give up sleeveless tops and shorts. I used to have fabulous legs and firm arms, but now I have lumpy, old lady legs, and flabby arms. Your welcome.
I think people should dress for comfort.... so when it's 100 degrees under the shade, then wear short sleeves, tank tops, shorts, skirts, etc.

Who cares if your body isn't our society's biased "ideal".

When I was a teen I was ashamed of my "chicken legs". So even if it was a zillion degrees in the Summer i wore jeans.

As you get older you realize that is just being superficial and foolish.

As long as you cover your bits, who cares how much skin you show when it's blazing hot outside?

Old 12-23-2023, 03:20 PM

24,522 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

I am done living up to expectations. As long as I remember I was told that I am too short and too fat at 5:11 and a US 8. If you ever look like your mother - that hurt at 16. I was a BMW until I gained weight in my 50s. There is such a thing as cleavage! Shorts have never been my thing. Give me a short skirt! As long as SO gives his approval the rest does not matter!

Old 12-23-2023, 03:25 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Well…I guess now that I’ve moved, urban wear. Joggers are fine for a jaunt to the store. It’s not formalwear. Nor are crocs (something I would never have guessed would be popular in the ghettos like here?). Yoga pants are equivalent to joggers, I suppose. And do we really need to walk down the street in crop tops and short shorts when it’s like 77*? It doesn’t get hot here. There’s a lot of sneakerheads culture up here to which is a weird one for me, but then again I’m “special” in that department because I loathe wearing shoes, so the whole sneaker culture is anathema for me.

This is a unisex one: I really don’t like pants tucked into socks or boots.

Old 12-24-2023, 09:31 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Half tuck shirts makes it look like a person has commitment problems. You need to choose out or in. Half out and half in is disgustingly sloppy.
100% agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty