Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times

Advertisements

I like this kid. He has style and is not a hipster. http://www.beauriche.com/sitebuilder...on-241x249.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 25,265 times
what i wear is sometimes skinny jeans (not to tight itll look weird) and sagged a little bit, not too much. any bread that looks good i guess. and a regular shirt from Diamond Supply Co or Obey and undefeated. maybe even odd future clothes if theyre into that. If they dont like those time of pants because not everybody does.. they could maybe wear baggyish khaky shorts with any t shirts. maybe a crewneck or a hoodie every once in a while. and a beanie. plus nike sb shoes

Old 07-16-2012, 03:09 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
My son, who is 12, as well as his friends, typically wear casual t-shirts from places like Target, Hollister, Abercrombie, and any other place they can find things that look good and fit nicely. My son says that almost no one at his school wears baggy clothing, so it doesn't seem to be big over here. He says, however, that skinny jeans are becoming more and more common among teenage boys. He loathes the skinny jean look.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwlistheshyt View Post
Currently being 14 the best bet is Hollister, Ambercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, and Aeropostale.

Baggy clothing is dead...we all wear relatively tight fitting polo's, henley's, tee shirts, and jackets from these stores...no one wears jeans anymore unless its winter but here in Florida we all wear cargo shorts from these stores as well. We all wear Sperry Top-Sider Billfish shoes, have a pair of Nike slide sandals, have a pair of Nike Free Runs, and have a pair of Converse or Vans, we wear all of these shoes and outfits with high Nike socks (Elite socks and just regular high Nike socks). We all show our boxers but we keep our shorts up at our waist with a braided leather belt from one of the stores listed...the boxers i find most comfortable are from Hollister. We all wear cologne from Hollister and wear swim suits from there as well. For the most part at my school the popular kids all wear these kinds of clothes. If you're kid is into it longboards are trending now and so is lacrosse, but if you decide to buy him a longboard buy a nice one...or he will be made fun of for it. My group (popular kids) all work out to have nicely toned muscles, play lacrosse, and longboard so we also require the equipment, we normally all have a few UnderArmor or Nike compression shirts, have a few Nike or Jordan basketball shorts, and a few athletic tee shirts, but we tend not to wear them very much to school. Most kids have Jansport backpacks, iPhones, and longboards...My group and especially me personally are called the preppy kids, and we must be doing something right because we get all of the popular girls all over us.
Is it pretty much an understood requirement for the popular kids at your school to wear similar things, or are there some popular kids in your clique that wear things aside from the fashions you listed? I'm just curious as to whether popular kids tend to all dress alike, or if individual tastes can vary.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 25,026 times
I know this is kinda old but... for any one else.

Okay, first go to Hollister or Abrecrombie they're the best. Aero is cheap so go there but, in my school Aeropostale is called "Aero Swag" because 40 y/o wear it and most people hate it in my school. Try American Eagle too its awesome.

Get a pair of skinny jeans and sag your pants a bit. Also get frest hot Jordans or Nike high tops or just Vans.

Get a Jansport and a G-Shock watch.

If you do this, whether your a nerd you still look fresh and nice.

Also NEVER REPEAT CLOTHS IN SCHOOL. There's this kid in my class who wears a green jacket and long gym pant every day if you're like him then prepare to get ranked on.

Thank you, hope you find this usefull, and btw use a ***** load of axe if you can too

Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,745,349 times
My son is 15 so I can tell you what he wears, but he's pretty "different"...so he isn't wearing what everyone else in school is wearing.

He has one pair of jeans and the rest of his pants are cords. He is tall and skinny but he hates "skinny" jeans and he wears slim fit cords and has them in a bunch of colors. He has many t-shirts, pretty much all are band shirts or funny shirts with some reference to something he likes (Doctor Who, for example). He likes hats, bowler hats and newsboy caps, no fedoras.

He also has my love of coats and has a brown velvet double breasted coat, a green Army jacket, and a grey wool trench. He is asking for more dress shirts lately and he has a few sport coats he'll wear from time to time, and a couple of vintage western shirts. Shoes, he wears converse or boat shoes or Vans slip ons, and now he is going on about some blue suede oxfords he wants badly.

So, I imagine that is no help but that's what he wears.

He tells me "mom, it is so ridiculous that a guy cannot be interested in clothes and fashion without being assumed to be gay!" and he gets really frustrated by this. He loves texture and quality fabrics and color and refuses to wear what everyone else is wearing but as a result he is always being asked if he is gay.

From what I see when I am on his campus, girls and boys alike are wearing skinny jeans and some variation of a snug black shirt and a beanie (hat).

Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Where I taught they had uniform dress code, which is what I think all schools should have...khaki pants, white or blue shirt. Jeans on Friday, with school mascot shirt.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul53197 View Post
Okay, depends where u are. Most people wear skinny jeans. Baggy jeans are the ugliest thing ever. everything tight but not so tight u look gay. go to this site and ull be good if u go to the same kind of school i go to and most people do Zumiez - Skate shoes, Snowboards, Skateboards, Guys & Girls Clothing
Only the creative-type boys at our school wear skinny jeans.

It's pretty conservative: Vineyard Vines (gag) or Tennessee Traditions.

The others wear old chinos, regular-fit Levis or sweatpants (football and LAX players).

Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 23,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoyt925 View Post
He should wear athletic clothes to school. Clothes like sweat shirts(hoodies), athletic shorts, athletic shoes, jeans (no holes), tee shirts, never never never!! collard shirts lots of people say to wear hollister, aeropostale and Abercrombie but most guys stop wearing these brands after middle school, but some girls do. He should go to stores like sport authority, dicks sporting goods, pacsun, buckle, But again people who try to be cool wear hollister, aeropostale and Abercrombie ALL THE TIME and its a turn off in highschool, but girls can wear it, they can wear it sometimes but not all the time and take it for me a outgoing freshman and i live in the subarbs of minneapolis, mn in the USA also i go to the 3rd largest highschool in the state
Nike free runs and lunarglides are the norm in Edina,MN. I went to Valley View Middle school and the most popular shoes ranked were: 1.Nike Free,2.Nike Lunarglide+2, 3.Asics running shoes, think GT series, Nimbus, Kayanos, oh and Kinseis also were seen around but not as much as others. No one really wore Pumas, Mizunos, and Saucony werent seen much except for if some preppy kid got some kinvara 2s,hated em and just used em for gym, thats about how far Saucony,Mizuno and Puma get. Reebok on the other hand is a different story. Its like no one wore them till they came out with their "Zigtech" stuff thats 'spose to make you run faster but it is actually reminiscent of the nike shox, which is another crappy shoe that should be banned. this reebok crap should really be called "ZigGimmick". But as I was sayin kids all around begged their parents to get them this cruddy scum of a shoe that costed me $100 and they got 5 HOLES in 2 weeks. If you are going to get athletic shoes, get some nike Hypes or some Jordans, if you have the money, sense, and nice enough parents. Girls have stuff from Love Pink and Juicy Couture which is gettin a little old now, and Vera wang bags were commonsight at Valley View, not sure about the high school. Dont get the nike frees just because you want to join the crowd and make a fashion statement, actually USE them for their intended purpose, which is running. You can pick up some pretty nice clothes at Marshalls. I got some neon yellow shorts from them for relatively cheap.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:54 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Watch like a teen show on Nick or Disney, thats usually how most teens dress. Don't count the weird kids on the show like goths or thugs or whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty