Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 AM

412 posts, read 1,752,095 times

Advertisements

It is just as bad when a woman with big fat legs wears short shorts. I think it comes down to body type, before gender. I don't mind shorter shorts on men, just as long as they aren't too short. Honestly I feel that women should also have more options that are more mid length. I'd like to see a nice cut just a few inches or less above the knee come in for both women and men, with a more fitted silhouette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 PM

784 posts, read 1,982,099 times
Good point. For some reasons, they do not even make shorter shorts in men's shorts for those who do want to wear them. On the other forums on this subject, men who preferred them said that they had to make their own by cutting the legs off pair of pants. You can still find the Richard Simmons style shorts, but those are exercise shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
It is just as bad when a woman with big fat legs wears short shorts. I think it comes down to body type, before gender. I don't mind shorter shorts on men, just as long as they aren't too short. Honestly I feel that women should also have more options that are more mid length. I'd like to see a nice cut just a few inches or less above the knee come in for both women and men, with a more fitted silhouette.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma77 View Post
what is wrong with ya'll!!!??? how do you not think short shorts aren't hot. I'd love to see my husband in these sexy things

works on castro st san francisco.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 PM

I remind you, respectful posts only, please.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times

YouTube - Short Shorts-The Royal Teens-1957

Old 05-19-2009, 03:55 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
something I can't figure out, though- I'd think shorts would be even more uncomfortable in the hottest weather, because if you're outside the sun is constantly hitting your legs & causing perspiration, & if you're inside your legs stick to the furniture!!
That's how I feel. I hate wearing shorter shorts when it's really hot! Capris are okay. I don't want anything touching my skin but fabric. And if humidity's involved, forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think its funny that a man showing anything above the knee is scandalous when we've just now gotten rid of the low-rider look on men. I had to look at way too much crack and the threat of exposed short and curlies for too long to care about people seeing three inches above my knees. I doubt we'll go back to those 80's OP shorts that basically were boxers with an extra inch of fabric. But if I'm wearing shorts there is a reason and I'd prefer they clear my knees.
So am I the only one who misses Op shorts on men? Cords in light blue, tan...

Anyway, I think it's funny how people always rag on "out-of-date" styles. They *always* come back! Well, almost always...

Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
I consider shorts to be "play-clothes for children," not for anyone past the mid-teens... unless of course a person is gardening, playing sports, etc.

You don't wear shorts at all, ever? (except for gardening)

There is NO WAY I am spending a summer in our heat and humidity w/o shorts, lol.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Men are starting to wear capri pants again, baggy, but that's what they are.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:44 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,781 times
^^^
I think men look hot in cargo style capri pants!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Now this question

I was wondering also why women prefer men in longer shorts. Furthermore, some women seem to think that a man in shorter shorts is a repulsive idea. Again, I ask that only respectful replies be made. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty