Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 02:37 PM

446 posts, read 831,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Does not itch for me. It is cleaner, but probably does not feel like it if you are itchy. Hair traps bacteria, skin, oil etc.

p.s. people have been shaving that all off for a long time way before 2010.
Wow, you sound like an EXPERT. Age 8? Is that when YOU started getting pubes? You were an early starter as puberty GENERALLY starts around age 10 and this doesn't mean pubes will start at 10, it could be a year later.

Hair does not trap bacteria, skin, or oil if you are CLEAN and have good cleanliness habits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a nurse and have seen every kind of pube design possible. It's a **personal choice**, it's not a matter of bacteria, as you say.

Basically I'll shave if I feel like it or I won't...it depends....like if I have shaved (leaving a landing strip) and have sex sometimes I will let it grow out til I am pretty confident I'm gonna get lucky again! LOL I will shave again sometimes and sometimes I'll let it grow, just because....not because there is some psychological aspect going on, or that I am grossed out by the trappings of SKIN, BLOOD, BACTERIA, or OILS! LOL I'm clean, so I don't have to worry about that.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question....I'm actually thankful you asked this because it seems like a thoughtful question and you actually care what goes on in a woman's mind. How she feels about something intimate, and I give ya a pat on the back for that.

I can see where people think "minor/child/girl" when people shave everything off. There is a reason hair is there in the first place and it's protection basically. Kinda like the nasal hairs in the nose, it KEEPS OUT bacteria, etc. Not the other way around. Women get infections so easily we have to be careful what we do down there.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful, interesting question! LOL It was interesting reading, and some responses actually are so naive it made me LOL.

What is a cockado?

Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
lol at age 8. It was more like 14 for me

As I remember from gym class at St. Marys, it was usually only the overweight girls that developed early. And I mean before 12. 8 sounds crazy young to me.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
What I dont like to see is what looks like she has Buckwheat in a scissor lock. I shouldn`t need a machete to hack my way to it.

OH, had to LMAO at this one. I agree with ya on this one...trimming is a must. God, how am I gonna get that vision outta my head?????????

Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I know it's been going on for decades.... my point is that what do you think would happen if women DEMANDED that men wax it ALL off??? Do you think men would automatically run to a salon to have it done?? Somehow, I think not.
I think you're overestimating that it's men who want women to being completely waxed. There are women who do prefer that look and feel sexier that way, as well as finding the maintenance easier. I would still continue to get Brazilians if I was single and not in any kind of romantic relationship. It's like getting a pedicure or haircut...you just feel so much better after it's done. And the pain isn't so bad, especially if you get them regularly. I'm in and out in under 15 minutes and I relax and zone on the table.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

As I remember from gym class at St. Marys, it was usually only the overweight girls that developed early. And I mean before 12. 8 sounds crazy young to me.

Agree, 100%!!

Old 12-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post

I can see where people think "minor/child/girl" when people shave everything off. There is a reason hair is there in the first place and it's protection basically. Kinda like the nasal hairs in the nose, it KEEPS OUT bacteria, etc. Not the other way around. Women get infections so easily we have to be careful what we do down there.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful, interesting question! LOL It was interesting reading, and some responses actually are so naive it made me LOL.

What is a cockado?
Why do we (women) shave the hair on our legs and in our armpits?

Why do we wax/tweeze our eyebrows?

We do we trim our nose hairs?

Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Nah, it happens and not just to overweight girls. My grandmother got hers at 9 and she was a tiny little thing. (well that's what my mom tells me anyway.)

Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Nah, it happens and not just to overweight girls. My grandmother got hers at 9 and she was a tiny little thing. (well that's what my mom tells me anyway.)
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't think it's the norm. Pubic hair at 8 sounds realllly young to me. Again, not saying it doesn't happen, but WOW that seems young.

I was still playing w/ Barbie dolls at 8! And while I knew what a period was, none of my friends had gotten one, or pubes yet. Most of my friends got theirs in 7th or 8th grade IIRC. I was the last

Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
The best I've done so far is a 1-up Mushroom which was actually dyed green. It's like wearing sexy underwear... 'cept it stays on during the fun.

And for him a Power-up?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Why do we (women) shave the hair on our legs and in our armpits?

Why do we wax/tweeze our eyebrows?

We do we trim our nose hairs?
I'm not disagreeing with anyone. It's a personal preference...all I said is there is a reason the hair is there. Vanity often takes precedence in my life, too. I'm not immune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty