Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I know it's been going on for decades.... my point is that what do you think would happen if women DEMANDED that men wax it ALL off??? Do you think men would automatically run to a salon to have it done?? Somehow, I think not.

I know guys would do a LOT more than that if they were going to get laid, so what's a little hair removal?

Do I think they would run to a salon, not initally. I am quite sure the majority would try it at home first, THEN go to a salon after they tried and failed to DYI, lol.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I know guys would do a LOT more than that if they were going to get laid, so what's a little hair removal?

Do I think they would run to a salon, not initally. I am quite sure the majority would try it at home first, THEN go to a salon after they tried and failed to DYI, lol.

Hair removal and abortions, if guys had to go through it, There would be a drive-thru to have it done. Hey boi, got that abortion today, number 19.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM

33 posts, read 252,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post

Hair removal and abortions, if guys had to go through it, There would be a drive-thru to have it done. Hey boi, got that abortion today, number 19.
^^^ that was awesome!!! lol....

Old 12-08-2009, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
Personally I think shaving everything off down there is disgusting and I do not like it

Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,432 times
I think women who shave it all off on a regular basis are slaves to fashion or to their own insecurities. There really is no reason to focus on shaving all the hair off of a small region of you body that most people will not see anyway. For starters, it is hard and time consuming to do. Then, it itches like heck. And you are bound to get some nicks somewhere. The process also causes bumps and ingrown hair! It is ok to trim the hair, but to shave it? No way! Especially since it starts to grow back after a day anyway, lol.

What about waxing? I would never to that to my parts. I had it done to my eyebrows, and that was enough waxing for a lifetime!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
I've had older males question this, not understanding it ("Why are women suddenly shaving everything?"). Yes, trimming and shaving can make one seem 'neater' and 'cleaner' but I think it goes beyond that. I've also heard it speculated that it's because men like women to be or at least appear young and having them trimmed/shaved gives the appearance of being that. I also know men (grown men, not frat boys) who have not hesitated to admit they like them young-you know, teenager-ish (yeah, I think it's creepy too).
Is it just a passing fad or a growing trend related to sexualizing the young? Who knows. You decide.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 AM

250 posts, read 910,936 times
wow such strong opinions on such a topic!

I must be lucky my man just wants me to show up and doesn't care and thinks Im sexy either way! I really expected men to have more of a response of 'hey if I can get laid then Im into hair or hairless'!

Think it doesn't have much to do with sexualizing the young. Im 34 and I shave and I certainly don't look like a teen nor would I want to. I like shaving because for ME its feels cleaner. Same reason why I shave my legs and my armpits and not alot more.

I shaved my stuff this morning I'll have you all know . Started with my legs, my pits and then downstairs. It took me a minute max (I take about a 7 min shower, I have two kids and need to get in and out!). I am no slave to fashion or insecurity, I like being soft and smooth is all. Its just one thing I do daily in the shower like I shave my legs everyday too. I guess alot of ladies maybe don't shave their legs everyday but I hate stubble.

I DO like to take care of myself. I workout, I run daily and I like to look good. Is there something wrong with that? Men don't make me do it. I do it for me. I don't shave for anyone but myself. Is there anything wrong with taking an interest in how one looks? Why would that be insecurity? I love being naked and I like looking good being naked. I like doing it with the lights on. I like my man to be able to see me and I definitely like the way it feels shaved. I have had it both ways.

I wonder this topic with the shaving...why is it that some men like shaved legs then? (maybe not european men). Its not alot of hair on our legs why do women shave that at all? I mean at least you can claim cleanliness more when you shave the region where natural discharge is....are we a slave to society for that too? do men make us shave our legs too? It certainly takes me longer to shave my legs daily than my downstairs area.

The comments on perverts and wondering about men who actually like a woman smooth down there...maybe men who like flat chested women prefer little girls too? Sheesh luckily I have a size 34C chest now so when I shave my region I still look like a woman! Personally the only thing that would make me wonder if the guy was into little girls was if he asked me to put a school girls uniform on as a fantasy.

Most women I know who shave do it for themselves. The friends who don't have claimed laziness. My sister wonders why I shave...but then again she also doesn't shave her legs more than once per week especially in winter because who else will see her legs besides her hubby? I shave everyday because my husband sees them and although he doesn't care and loves me either way, I LIKE them shaved because it feels better.

Some men prefer to sport a mustache or facial hair and some like a clean shaven face. why can't it be that simple for the ladies? some like hair down south, some do not.

People have really overanalyzed this topic if you ask me.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,630,802 times
I can't believe how judgmental some of these comments are. Women who shave it all have mental problems, and their men are closet pedophiles? Seriously, listen to yourselves. There are plenty of good reasons to shave it all off and there is no reason to try to equate it with pedophilia or household slavery or the other ridiculous analogies people are trying to make. This is simply a PERSONAL CHOICE IN GROOMING and it is none of your business anyway what other people do with their pubic hair.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I think women who shave it all off on a regular basis are slaves to fashion or to their own insecurities. There really is no reason to focus on shaving all the hair off of a small region of you body that most people will not see anyway. For starters, it is hard and time consuming to do. Then, it itches like heck. And you are bound to get some nicks somewhere. The process also causes bumps and ingrown hair! It is ok to trim the hair, but to shave it? No way! Especially since it starts to grow back after a day anyway, lol.

What about waxing? I would never to that to my parts. I had it done to my eyebrows, and that was enough waxing for a lifetime!

So you don't shave your legs or armpits?

And I'm guessing you don't wear bathing suits...especially bikinis.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So you don't shave your legs or armpits?

And I'm guessing you don't wear bathing suits...especially bikinis.
Yes, I do. I just don't shave down there. I trim, but not shave. Shaving is a waste of time to me. I only itch after shaving if I shave "there", and no where else. Also, the hair there starts growing back within a day.

I wear bathing suits. I shave the area by the thighs, I just don't go crazy and start shaving everything from the entire mons pubis to the tips of the lips.

Last edited by Marissy; 12-08-2009 at 08:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty