Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I understand wanting to be clear on the STD's but what does pubic hair have to do with STD's?

Because there are STDs that have a MUCH higher likelihood of contraction if there are symptoms present (sores, warts, fluids etc.). This is to say nothing of candida/yeast bacteria on the skin. As I said, I like to see what Im getting myself into.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,838 times
Shaving seems to be regional, too. I noticed most women in Chicago and the Midwest seem just to trim, but in Houston most women with any snap shave; but maybe it's because Houston is hot/humid and more of a sports town where people do more outdoor activities = sweat = wanna be cleaner = shaving. Just my observation.
Also, Houston is loaded with more strip clubs than any city in the U.S. (look it up), and all the stripper shave so that may influence the women there, also.
It's a personal preference with men and women. Some love it, some hate it. I just happen to love it, and wish it was around years ago; but not sure if any of my older friends do it at all.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,201 times
As a guy I think hairless on a woman is great, trimming important, but ultimately I leave it up to the woman to decide what's best for them.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Hahaha ... this thread slays me. I've never seen a more defensive bunch of people trying their best to explain why THEIR method is the best and why the other's method isn't. Shave it, wax it, grow it, curl it with a freaking curling iron or straighten it with a flat iron for all I care!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Hahaha ... this thread slays me. I've never seen a more defensive bunch of people trying their best to explain why THEIR method is the best and why the other's method isn't. Shave it, wax it, grow it, curl it with a freaking curling iron or straighten it with a flat iron for all I care!
Just don't spike it though.
Ouch....

Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
I was thinking of posting this pic since this thread was started.LMAO..........

Old 12-11-2009, 08:30 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Because there are STDs that have a MUCH higher likelihood of contraction if there are symptoms present (sores, warts, fluids etc.). This is to say nothing of candida/yeast bacteria on the skin. As I said, I like to see what Im getting myself into.
I don't know about that. If you watch these commercials with people with herpes...you'd think they're the figure of health. To start off they are beautiful...not skanky at all. Secondly...they all ride mountain bikes or do kayaking. Lastly, they sit there while doctor writes out the prescription (with some guy doing a voice over list of every side effect in the universe!) while they gaze and smile into each other's eyes.

I don't know about the meds...but by the time I'm done watching the commercial...I'm thinking that herpes is something I really need to get!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't know about that. If you watch these commercials with people with herpes...you'd think they're the figure of health. To start off they are beautiful...not skanky at all. Secondly...they all ride mountain bikes or do kayaking. Lastly, they sit there while doctor writes out the prescription (with some guy doing a voice over list of every side effect in the universe!) while they gaze and smile into each other's eyes.

I don't know about the meds...but by the time I'm done watching the commercial...I'm thinking that herpes is something I really need to get!

lol..I dont know if I'd go that far...but I know that if warts or sores are present then chances of transmitting HPV or Herpes increase exponentially. Considering the fact that condoms do not necessarily prevent those diseases, and ulcers can be tiny and easily hidden by hair, I like to do a white glove test of my own.

Last edited by solytaire; 12-11-2009 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
I don't blame you at all...if I saw warts or sores or puss down there...then date over!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
This thread has definitely taken a weird turn, but I don't think warts or herpes lesions show up externally. I think they are going to be on the labia and other mucus membranes. But . . . whatever.

Just don't assume because you observe see a clean-shaven snatch (I'd forgotten about that word) that you're soon-to-be-lover is disease free. She could have HIV, chlamyidia, HPV, etc. etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty