Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,217,507 times

Advertisements

this weekend, i spent time with family and friends, went fishing/to the beach, enjoyed the warm weather, and have plenty to do for many weekends to come. despite all the negativity i have seen lately concerning housing costs, traffic, and summer heat, i am so glad to be back in fla.

there was a little bit of traffic tonight, but you know what i thought??? atleast ppl are out doing something and the town isnt completely shut down on a sunday night!!! my wife and i enjoy having things to do, and fla has plenty. we are glad to be back and remember... no place is perfect.

who knows, maybe in 5-10 yrs we will end up in st augustine or ponte vedra??? plenty to do up that way too---as long as we are still in fla there are many great places to choose from.

you couldnt give me a house where we used to live in nc; i'd rather pay 250k for a 1400 sq ft house in fla on 1/4 acre lot.

glad to be back!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 09:19 PM

18 posts, read 57,554 times
Where in nc are you talking about?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,658,909 times
Welcome Back, backtofla

Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 PM

566 posts, read 2,059,721 times
Welcome back...hope the transition was 'smooth sailing....'
Yep no place is perfect but there's plenty of nice enjoyable things to do here.
Glad you are happy & enjoying FL once again.

Last edited by lulu; 08-21-2006 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-21-2006, 04:41 PM

44 posts, read 221,251 times
I hope Im as enthusiastic as you are! I live in NC right now and CAN NOT WAIT to get out of here in Oct.! It will only be a temp move, but all the same, the change is going to be niiiiiiice........

Old 08-21-2006, 05:39 PM

34 posts, read 124,314 times
Finally, some positive posts. Lately all I've been reading are negative posts. There has to be some good in Fla. I'm waiting for the day I can be one of the Floridians!!!! My dad moved to Fla from Cape Cod/Maine and never looked back!

Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 PM

Default i am from

western nc, originally from fla though... glad to be home once again. ahh.

i know it may seem funny, but compared to cold weather, i dont mind the summers. and from oct to april are fantastic!!! how many states have excellent weather for 7-8 months out of the yr???

ps- it's kinda funny, some family memebers in nc call us to see what we are doing on the weekends... they are jealous

Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 PM

45 posts, read 174,228 times
Default I must join in on this FL love fest....

because a wonderful neighbor just brought me a "Thank You" card with a restaurant gift certificate for watering her plants while she was on vacation. Another neighbor invited me over for drinks and sandwiches on the deck to enjoy the sunset "just because". Somebody else WASHED MY CAR TODAY, and I don't have any idea who my car wash fairy could possibly be!

I have NEVER experienced this kind of community or kindness IN MY LIFE.....

That's because my life until now was in Southwest Florida - Charlotte County, to be exact (that's for you folks who are disturbed so much by me, what a SURPRISE!). After 3 months I am still in culture shock!

Now my life is about as far geographically as it can get from FL, and it's FINALLY FABULOUS for this stupid, slow, bitter, Southern Cracker Freak.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,574,354 times
It sounds like the Stepford wifes...
Everybody just doing things for you.
I watched the neighbors dog next door and she bought me a beautiful planter.
I also got a gift cert. for Chilli's from another neighbor.
We all look out for each other in our community.
You really must have been in a part of Charlotte County that I have never heard of. There are good and bad people all over, even here in SW Florida.
You can't live in a perfect world, ex.. But I am truly happy that you found a nice bunch of people where you are. If you were near me I bet we would have become friends. No matter if we were from different parts of the country. I would never turn my back on somebody that needs something. Even if it was you. I feel sorry for you that you were surrounded by nasty people. Take a deep breath and just be happy

Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 PM

Default really???

far from fla geographically, ex-floridian, but you still find time to come here... i dont miss nc - therfore i am never on that forum. however you still find the time to read about fla although you are no longer here... interesting.

ps- nobody washed your car unless you paid someone--- fairy? sorry i dont believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: