Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2006, 05:44 AM

71 posts, read 273,016 times

Advertisements

Shores9, Thank you for putting your thoughts into words. I agree.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 AM

944 posts, read 3,849,725 times
Why can't realtors just be realistic about the market?

I had a realtor stop by last weekend, talk to me for an hour, gave me his card... he will be getting my business when the time is right.

Why?

Because within five minutes he was saying things like "slowdown" and "lowball." At least this dude is ahead of the curve by acknowledging current trends. He told me of a bunch of foreclosures; admitted that nothing was moving. I told him straight up that 2 years ago he wouldn't have even talked to me. He laughed and said he been doing this since the early 80's and knows which way the market is headed. He even smiled when I told him that I have good credit and little debt. He said, "if you can fog a mirror you can get a loan." I don't post things here that I make up.

When this is all over I have no doubt that he will still be employed as a realtor. Why? Because he knows that real estate does not always go up. You can make money on either side of the market, you just have to be realistic.

In any case, you can call me crazy all you want. I have good credit, a good job and cash but I'm staying on the sidelines. Keep your eye on the bubble thread as I will be updating the stats regularly as well as posting photos.

There is no denying the slide has begun.

NONE.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 AM

627 posts, read 2,850,823 times
Your post is "On The Money" Muggy!

I tell everyone who asks about buying a home here that they should rent, that there will be falling prices and you will be able to find good deals in Foreclosures.

Even builders are offering reductions along with incentives. Now that I think about it, I have not seen any of those "Free Car, Truck or Van with purchase" offers lately, what happened?? Oh, could it be that home prices are sliding, but still overpriced, so the free Auto is cutting into the fat profit?! Silly me!

Plus, I have not seen any price increases in Central FL, Lots and Lots of REDUCED signs.
http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/BringOffer.gif (broken link)

Old 11-11-2006, 07:39 AM

628 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Default See Ya

Last words for a while

Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt

Old 11-11-2006, 08:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
An experienced real estate agent will always find work. In fact, I have known long time RE agents who did better in the falling market of the 70's than they did in the recent run up. Bubble heads bought hastily, without needing the services of anyone. They are going to have to earn the money in the years ahead, no more easy ride for RE agents. I am sure lots of newbies will give up altogether and move to a Mc Job. Money stolen from Latin America will keep south Florida priced up for a while but it will fall too.

By the way what's wrong with Texas? Some areas are much better looking than Florida, and there's more interesting people in Texas hill country than any part of Florida.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:17 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,090,694 times
Question: How much cheaper can I get a forclosed house(presumbly at an auction) maybe one will come cheap in Georgia or even north Florida! Can one wait too long? When exactly is the bottom of the market? I hope to buy sometime in 2007. A nice big house for little money.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:55 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,909,450 times
Just set back and look at the news. When exactly is the bottom of the market? When the numbers fit. The foreclosures just started . just give a year or two and good deals will be all over. From TC Palm. “The fastest growing portion of the county also recorded the highest number of foreclosures during the recent quarter. Vero Beach was second on the Treasure Coast with 179 during the same three-month period, part of a 259 percent increase in foreclosures in Indian River County from the second to the third quarter.”

Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Trust me, I keep up to date on the news at all times! I would looooooove a nice big house like that one in north Georgia! They want nearly $200k for it. Hopefully I can win one like that at a forclosing auction for $130k to $150k

http://www.atlantanewhomesdirectory.com/images/mls/1892950.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-11-2006, 07:41 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,790,720 times
I just heard an entire 4 hour talk show on this, & anyone that wants to throw away their money on rent, well, hey, more power to your landlord. Just take your 900$ & BURN it!!! What you don't see is that you are paying YOURSELF when you pay off your house. Everything you put in comes back to YOU!!! EVEN IF YOU DON'T MAKE ONE PENNY MORE!!!!!!!! YOU DIDN'T LOSE ONE PENNY EITHER!!!!!!!!!!! Think about that for a minute. If you pay rent for only ONE year, you just LOST 10,800$!!!!!!!!! Kiss it GOOD-BYE!!!!!!!!
I just assumed a 900$ rent which is about average for a 1 bedroom down here. We have a 3/2for 950$ a month, & that will NEVER CHANGE!!!!!!!!! Sure there are taxes and ins as well. But that's a given whether you buy now or wait until you've thrown 20k away!!! What do you think your rent will be in a year, 2 years, etc with the landlord's insurance & taxes going up??????!!!!!!!
Hey - just send your money to me! You're giving it away anyway!!!!!!
As for forclosures, they are NOT going to sell them for less than market value unless they need work. This is a FACT!!!!!!! I know people who have tried to get them. It's a farce. If the OWNER is desperate, maybe you'll get a "good deal", but people aren't going to take much of loss! Who would? That's not a smart move!!!
Meanwhile, interest rates are going up up up...So you all just keep renting and paying off your landlord's building while you wait in dream land... Good luck!!!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Elfyum, I gave you another + reputation. I also am not a fan of renting. The only case where renting is a great deal when its less than your property taxes + homeowner insurance! Then its cheaper to rent because property taxes + homeowner insurance would cost more than renting. Of course this almost never happens because the landlord might as well sell instead of rent at a loss! By the way, I almost never see you post here anymore? I miss your posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida