Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 12:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABC View Post
I'm NF [native Floridian] and to be brutally honest with you all, the majority of today's migrants moving to Florida are garbage. Not all of them, but certainly most of them. People [kids] I grew up with avoid people from the NY-NJ area. Anyone with a thick accent is unwritten code "to be on guard". If you have a thick accent and you are aggressive, it will be hard to make friends with long time Florida locals. Those folks I'm describing are better off in So. Florida where you can blend in with all the other transients, immigrants and migrants. Unfortunately a lot of Florida has scams and scammers, especially So. Florida. Local Floridians know all too well about this. Back 30+ years ago Floridians were open to anyone at anytime but things have changed the last 30 years.
Really your a FL Indian?? If not you are a transplant like everyone else and look what has happened to the State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 01:37 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalam View Post
Comical, coming from a fellow transplant who is part of the destruction of old FL.

LOL you dont even live in FL, you must come from a very awful place to think this is a mecca.
I am born and raised in Florida. The only person making this state worse is you and your attitude. Watch that attitude as well because I can already dig through your posts and find a dozen places to report you. Our forum doesn't need your kind.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:43 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I am born and raised in Florida. The only person making this state worse is you and your attitude. Watch that attitude as well because I can already dig through your posts and find a dozen places to report you. Our forum doesn't need your kind.
Yes!! Thank you for saying that Happiness-is-close because it is SO TRUE!! UGH!

Old 04-21-2016, 03:11 PM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Why do so many people come on the FLORIDA forum to be SO NEGATIVE???? It's crazy! If you hate the state so much just get the h/ell out!

Old 04-21-2016, 03:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Why do so many people come on the FLORIDA forum to be SO NEGATIVE???? It's crazy! If you hate the state so much just get the h/ell out!
Negative people thrive on venting their issues.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:46 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
I think it is just that Florida forum has so much traffic. More than 20 million people live here and many people in other states either have lived here or have loved ones that currently do so they want to throw their negative input around if they have it in their mind.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:32 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,172 times
I feel for native Floridians, since the boat people, it has become something else than it was before that time.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:41 PM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I feel for native Floridians, since the boat people, it has become something else than it was before that time.
It's naive and foolish to think that things are always going to stay the same. Like it or not, population growth and change are inevitable. Best to just accept it, make the best of it or move on (both figuratively and literally. If you don't like it...move out of Florida). The transplants are going to keep on coming here, unless something catastrophic happens that makes Florida much less appealing. But if that happens, the natives aren't going to want to be here either.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
The changes in FL happened/are happening in the large metros. The rest of it is pretty much the same as it always was.

It's without a doubt going to continue to gain new residents for a very long time to come.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:05 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
I'm a NF too and I see both sides. I see how it can be hard to move here and not be judged based on where ur from by natives. But then again, there are a lot of transplants that have moved here that are the kind of ppl natives don't wanna be around, whether it be bc they're rude, aggressive, think they're better than us, etc.

I think most FL natives and long time residents are generally pretty friendly though. Just don't throw out the constant "I'm from xyz" and have the attitude and tone.

I've met very nice natives and very nice transplants. The nicest person my wife knows is a lady from east TN that moved here for her husbands job. The nicest person I know is probably my wife, a native Floridian. The most rude people I have encountered have without a doubt been the people from NY especially the newer transplants. But my neighbor is from NJ and one of the nicest people I know here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida