Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times

Advertisements

I surely miss it a lot.

I've never lived there, but I've visited it about 5-6 times since 1999. The last time was last year (June 2008). I always had fun there and was always happy (I guess because I was very near the water. I love being near water and such).

I know this sounds funny to most of you, but I absolutely miss the moisture and humidity. It's so darn dry where I live at that I just can't stand it and makes my skin break out. But everytime I went to Florida, my skin cleared up everytime and I had more energy. I can't wait to move there in about a year and a half from now.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I miss Florida every single day.

We have not been able to get back to Florida for a while because of a health issue in the family but yes, I miss it and think about it every single day.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 AM

128 posts, read 192,697 times
Well I wish you all luck I have lived here for 35 years on and off and cant wait to leave.

A keep the hurricanes I lost an office and a House.

B Keep the old people one hit my wife with a car and others sprayed water at my kids for riding their bikes past their house on the sidewalk.

C the cops in the cities dont care the ones in small towns are Nazis.

D The rednecks are dumb as rocks and the culture is a joke .

E Keep the heat please , PLEASE .

Hey I am glad you are all missing it but really both sides need to be told

Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Well I wish you all luck I have lived here for 35 years on and off and cant wait to leave.

A keep the hurricanes I lost an office and a House.

B Keep the old people one hit my wife with a car and others sprayed water at my kids for riding their bikes past their house on the sidewalk.

C the cops in the cities dont care the ones in small towns are Nazis.

D The rednecks are dumb as rocks and the culture is a joke .

E Keep the heat please , PLEASE .

Hey I am glad you are all missing it but really both sides need to be told

A- There's bad weather anywhere you move to. Even here in Arizona. And beautiful Hawaii (lots of hurricanes there too).

B- There's bad drivers (and old people) anywhere you move to. Well, don't come to Arizona, the old folks are just as bad with driving and not as nice either.

C- Most cities, the cops are jokes. Even here in Prescott, Arizona they'll stop you for anything. And there are racist people (the so call Nazis, you say) everywhere, even here.

D- There's rednecks everywhere (even where I live), that are just as dumb and the Prescott culture here is a joke also. But it's everywhere, even back home in Texas.

E- Actually, hon, the heat is worst here in Arizona than in Florida. And it's a dry heat, which is worst. So, what the heck are you angry about? I'd take the humidity any day, compared to where I live now.

I'm glad you're moving away from Florida soon. But you'll find out, that everything you hate is in other states also. There's no such thing as the perfect place or perfect culture....Good luck...

Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I haven't moved but I just wanted to share that its November 17 and I just went for a swim this morning, in fact I am sitting up at the pool as I type, gorgeous day in the mid 70s, water was cold but that kept me swimming my laps but a gorgeous day to be sure.

I don't know what I would do if I was in an area where it was about to snow.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I haven't moved but I just wanted to share that its November 17 and I just went for a swim this morning, in fact I am sitting up at the pool as I type, gorgeous day in the mid 70s, water was cold but that kept me swimming my laps but a gorgeous day to be sure.

Oh, you are so lucky! I wished I was there with you. I will after next year...You lucky dog!!

Yeah, when I move there, that will be my last move. I love being near water and swimming a lot too. I used to back home in Texas, til I had to move here. But I'll be near water again.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

What Lindsey?

You are sitting by the pool with your laptop and it is November?

How dare you girl!!

You should be ashamed of yourself for even letting us know you are enjoying yourself like this.

Now you have ruined my entire day knowing that you are down there laying around by the pool.

Life is tough isn't it?

I look out my window and see a pool with no water, every tree has no leaves and it looks like crap outside. Nothing of beauty for sure and you are sitting around smelling orange blossoms by the pool.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM

31 posts, read 82,260 times
Oh God, DO NOT MOVE TO OHIO! Before we moved to Panama City, we went out to Columbus because my husband's job was being transferred there. We HATED it. It truly was the worst place I've ever been. It was just weird. The people were...off. I cannot think of a better way to describe them, but everyone looked like meth heads. All I saw there were ghetto scary people, those freaky midwest filthy meth head/alcoholics, grotesquely fat people who had that dull bovine midwest look, and grimy unwashed children. I did not see ONE normal looking person in the 3 days we were there. Granted, I did not see ALL of Columbus, but what I saw was enough to scare me. Just thinking of having all those people as my neighbors was terrifying! I didn't see one nice area, and we were in the "nice" part of Columbus.

We went shopping at Easton Town Center, which is like Pier Park in Panama City Beach, but I could not understand why anyone thought it would be a good idea to build an OUTDOOR mall in the frigid Midwest. Seeing tornado shelter signs on the walls was also freaky. The whole place was just creepy and felt absolutely wrong. I cannot imagine that, being from Pensacola, you would like Ohio. The ONLY cool thing the whole time there was finding this weird candy bar I had been looking for in the nasty Wal-Mart near our hotel. That was it. And the candy bar sucked, so it wasn't even worth it.

Oh, and we tried to go to a Tim Horton's because I had heard of it and wanted to try it. It was in front of this scary, abandoned-looking motel and an abandoned Chi-Chi's in some bombed-out looking hellhole area. The Tim Horton's was disappointing as well, it was basically a filthy, low-rent version of Dunkin Doughnuts. I didn't get anything because the people working there looked like they hadn't bathed in weeks and I thought I would get some food-borne illness. Luckily they had a Starbucks, but even it was grimy and depressing. All the food we had there was like that...the people handling it were likely tweekers but definitely filthy, and all the food was crap (and I am not picky about food AT ALL). The whole place was just depressing, and I cannot imagine leaving the beautiful Panhandle for that nightmare.

Also, we went Memorial Day Weekend and the weather was not nice. And I'm from Northern VA originally so I am used to not-so-nice weather, but this was too much for even me. I don't think it gets warm there like it does in Norva, and it snows a lot in the winter (I LOATHE snow and ice). The scenery, trees and landscape was not pretty at all, the people all looked depressed and miserable...all in all, Ohio was just horrid in every possible way, so I'd say move if you must, but NOT THERE. You'd have to become a meth freak yourself to stand it if even the native Ohioans can't handle the soul-destroying misery that is Ohio. Seriously, it is that bad, I am not exaggerating this in the least. I'd stick to the South, because the Midwest is a whole new world, and not a better one.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM

31 posts, read 82,260 times
Oops, my post was meant for MJimLay, I thought I quoted him!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:46 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Dear clammy ear... I've been to Columbus, Ohio many times to visit inlaws and it is nothing like you say. The people are mostly blond, blue-eyed, Germanic types, slim, and very friendly. The neighborhoods like Bexley, all beautiful stone or brick homes, and Hilliard are full of intelligent people raising good kids. I've always found the restaurants in Columbus clean and fun. Sounds to me that you were hanging out in dives and every city has them. If you go to a two-bit, cheesy restaurant then expect a cheesy experience staffed with lowly paid workers. This is true wherever you are in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida