Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 AM

7 posts, read 15,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichoto-me View Post
Angelique....you forgot the biggest one in my book - NO SNOW! Where's that damn googlie eye emoticon?! I've taken so many hot showers to warm myself up this winter that my skin's about to fall off.....
NEW JERSEY:
YES snow
YES ice
YES grey skies
YES warm weather (June, July, August)

FLORIDA:
NO snow
NO ice
YES sunshine
YES blue skies
YES warm weather (February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November)

The people in Florida dress in layers. The PM temperature is always much higher than the AM temperature.
If the morning temperature in Florida is 40 degrees, then the afternoon temperature could reach 65-75+ degrees.
If the morning temperature in Jersey is 40 degrees, then the afternoon temperature could reach 40-45+ degrees.

Last edited by Angelique1969; 04-01-2014 at 06:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 09:42 AM

42 posts, read 57,416 times
I am from NJ, and overall, Florida dosen't strike me as the best place to live. The weathers nice and all, but schools aren't the best, and some jobs aren't much better. I am personally not a big fan of amusement parks either (Busch Gardens, etc), and florida's culture moves a bit too slow for me.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:31 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasekratzer View Post
I am from NJ, and overall, Florida dosen't strike me as the best place to live. The weathers nice and all, but schools aren't the best, and some jobs aren't much better. I am personally not a big fan of amusement parks either (Busch Gardens, etc), and florida's culture moves a bit too slow for me.
Wouldn't call Miami slow

Old 12-19-2016, 01:18 PM

17,197 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Wouldn't call Miami slow
This. Same goes for pretty much all of Seminole and Orange Counties.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:31 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
N.J. DEFINITELY!

Old 12-19-2016, 09:34 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times
I can't believe I am even reading this post. A question from someone asking if they should move to either Florida or New Jersey. Is this a joke?

Last month when Chris "The Hugger" Christie raised the gas tax from 2nd lowest in the entire country to 7th highest in the entire country...there's your answer. Now Florida is no utopia, but definitely better then anywhere in the NYC metropolitan area.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
We are moving back to Florida after having to move back to NJ 3.5 years ago...I don't know why anyone would want to live here in NJ with the horrible cold Weather and the Cost of Living but there are people who do love the Winters... Salaries are higher however the cost of living is insane. love being near the family but We were happiest in Florida..We are headed to the West Coast. this time around..When we lived in Florida the 1st time we were very happy with the schools, as we lived on the East coast.. our daughter will be in Starting College in Florida and our Son will be finishing college in Florida so its a great time for us

Good Luck with your decision

Old 02-11-2018, 03:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,425 times
I am from NJ. I came since i was 4 years. Now i am here for 39 years now. I am from a third world country wherr is always warm. I have family here and relatives visit from my country. I dont like here at all. #1 i hate the brutal cold weather. With blizzards and noreasters all the time. I hate cold. Like dead life in winter from october to May. Tooooo cold. Cannot go outside for running nor jogging because tooo cold. If u r from another country where it is warm NJ is worst. I have snow shoveling. Many people here cannot snow shovel due to health issue like back problems, arthritis, heart attack, etc. This year husband had bad health issue problem abd still in that condition. Just because ofshoveling. My cousin live here too with bad back problem because of shoveling. Some friends also have bad back problems. After end if May it gets warm gradually, but then in summer it rains all day sometimes 3 consecutive days it rains too much. Then we deal with noreasters from june to november. Anybody who visits here from my country don't like here because of brutal cold weathet. Before starting your car in cold weather. You have to start it 15-20 ahead before driving to get it warmed up. We get sick alot in winter. I don't like winter season at all. If NJ had 3 reasons without winter out, then it would be good. #2 After all the bad snow, the streets are so bumpy with major potholes. That is bad for car tires. Hard to drive after street have potholes and major bumps. They r every where. The state does not fix the roads. Very bad. #3 The propery taxes and very high. You need to be rich to live here. If you are not rich. Then you need to have 2 jobs or both parents have to work. I have 5 kids and we always dont have too much money to spend to get out of NJ for escaping cold. # summer is not that good. It rains alot all day sometimes nonstop for 3 days. It gets very hot and very humid in summer just like other warm States. Like fla, and arizona or texas. So just stay in warm states. It gets hot and humid same as in NJ. #4 beaches are expensive dirty and very smelly. The water level and temperature is not good. #5 NJ is polluted bcuz living near NYC. NYC. Is also bad polluted smelly and dirty. Not fun breathing like in NYC.stepping in NYC smells. Traffic there is horrible. People are always honking and rude. #6 in NJ schools are ok. If they r better than other states. It really depends on parents not school how kids performing. #7 people here have too much arthritis problem because of lack of vitamin D. Not too much sun here. #8 fruits and veggies r same i think everywhere in USA. #8 bagels and pizzas like people mention are best here. NOT True. Many times i get stomach ache after eating them
I went 2 yrs ago to visit florida and order pizza and bagels here. They taste the same but with no stomach issues. I visited. #9. I visited Texas in summer It was hot but NJ was hot too. Same. The roads and texas and Florida are very smooth and clean, fun drive. I was amazed how clean and smooth they were. People were friendly in these states. NJ people r rude. You hardly see people outside because of cold. #10 too many tick, problems, people get lyme disease. There are snakes in NJ, i have seen many. Bears, snakes, racoons, fox, deer. Etc. #11 NJ is over crowded and congested, not open space living. Houses r crowded. Small. If u r rich then u can have a big house. Otherwise people homes are small. #12 so far i visited the states above NJ which areNew hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, NYC, upstate NYC, Rhode Island. So far i think NJ is not god. All these above state havr road problems because of snow. Esp. NJ and NYC. Worst! Nyc and NJ are more crowded and smelly than other states north side. I went south too, Pennsylvania is nicer because it wide open space with cheaper bigger homes, not smelly. Taxes r lower. Then i went to Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, beautiful in terms of open space, not crowded, cheaper homes etc. And they dont get snow much maybe flurries. And they are much breathable place to breath. Then i went washington DC, north and sourh Carolinas, Georgia and Florida and texas. All these below states have clean roads, open space. I have some family and friends who movef out from NJ and went to florida, Virginia, north Carolina, arizona, maryland, and texas. Etc. So all of them said i will never move back to NJ even though they families here. They would just to visit. So if you in USA, and want to relocate to NJ, i would not recommend at all, just stay where you explore live someplace else besides NJ. NJ had bad towns too slum areas, run down areas where there it is affordable to live but bad areas. Like Cambden, Trenton, Newark, east Orange, sourh Orange, passaic, jersey city, patterson. Majority alot if bad areas.
Police are every where. Moving to nj would not be a smart mive. I will move out soon, once, my kids finish school.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:14 AM

3 posts, read 2,425 times
NJ ...No way!

Old 03-06-2018, 02:39 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
South Jersey is a nice area I own a home in cape may county and have found is a great place to live and very different than living in say central or north jersey. its much more rural and has lots of forest land and recreational areas all over the area. the beach is always minutes from just about anywhere in cape may county, NJ I also have a place in the Florida keys and love it there too! For making a dollar and providing a good education for kids, i would say NJ. For some serious fun in the sun if you love the beach go to Florida. another thing to consider is no state income tax in Florida in NJ it can be over 8% state income tax. i will also say the cost of living is at least 10% higher in the Florida keys than it is in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida