Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times

Advertisements

With the Democrats taking over the House of Representatives, Florida likely will miss Bill Nelson when they need him the most.

See post 433 in this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...l#post53610137

Democrats are unlikely to prioritize Florida's needs any more than Republicans prioritized the needs of CA and other blue states.

See post 433 in this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...l#post53610137

Old 11-10-2018, 07:20 PM

717 posts, read 452,994 times
What I am confused about is why there is even a recount if all the protests IN heavily Democrat Broward County are actually pro-Rick Scott

Why is there an issue? The people want Rick Scott. Nelson vs the People of Florida in all 67 counties?

Old 11-11-2018, 05:20 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
California doesn’t have a non-compete law. That’s a good part of the reason Silicon Valley is what it is. Massachusetts has one and enforces it. In California the best employees are cannibalized by other companies or are able to start their own firms without waiting.

https://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/2...ng-noncompetes

Old 11-11-2018, 06:46 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
California doesn’t have a non-compete law. That’s a good part of the reason Silicon Valley is what it is. Massachusetts has one and enforces it. In California the best employees are cannibalized by other companies or are able to start their own firms without waiting.

https://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/2...ng-noncompetes
I was just in Taxachusetts. I could never live there. I'll take Silicon Valley over Mass any day of the week. If the Government is going to make a slave of me, I might as well be in a pretty place that has good weather and roads. Besides the Libs in SoCal aren't quite as mean-sprited and full of rage as the ones in Boston. In SoCal they're like.."peace bro"..."can't we all just chill out and coexist". In Boston, it's more like #@$^&* YOU @$%HOLE!

Old 11-11-2018, 07:49 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
I just watched a brief interview with Tim Canova, who ran against Wasserman-Schultz. I'm telling you, Rick Scott is a weasel and absolutely deserves to lose his race to Bill Nelson. He had the opportunity all along to remove the Broward County supervisor of elections. He could and should have removed her two years ago, but didn't and let her stay in place. Why he didn't is a mystery to me, probably optics, but his inaction has harmed others as well as himself, Tim Canova being one one of those others. Also DeSantis.

As Canova said, Scott needs to remember that he's still the governor and needs to fulfill his duties as governor. Yep, the optics will be horrible, much worse now than if he had acted two years ago. Mark my words, Nelson will be the winner in the re-count. And Gillum may be a winner as well. Scott will end up loathed by Republicans for his failure to act when he could have.

So don't blame the Democrats for this mess. Blame feckless Rick Scott, a Republicant. The truth is, the Republicants are at the root of so many of the problems we complain of today. And this is a prime example on the state level. DeSantis has only Scott to blame if he loses to Gillum, with or without election fraud.

I'm so glad I sat this one out.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I NEVER "sit this one out". I choose the least bad candidate, hold my nose and pull the lever. I see it as my civic duty. Many Americans have died protecting our right to vote, and if nothing else, I sometimes vote just to honor them. Especially if it's runoff vote for some minor position, and that's the only thing on the ballot.

We wind up with these terrible candidates because people won't vote in the primary's, and many who do, won't do the required reading. They mindlessly select a candidate who's name they recognize...like Scott, or Nelson, or just vote party line. That's how we are where we are.

Whomever wins, life goes on. I survived 8 years of Oblunder, blowing Trillions on nothing, so I can survive anything. I would like to have the peace of mind knowing there wasn't any cheating going on, but that's just my wishful thinking.

The more gridlock...the better. The less they do...the better. I'm an American 1st, a Libertarian 2nd, a Conservative 3rd, and a Republican 4th. The Libertarian candidates always come off as crazy's unfortunately. I did like Ross Perot's charts & graphs though. If I were running as a Libertarian, I'd just say "How's big government working out for you?...vote for me instead" then shut the heck up. I guess I'm an old time Patriot. The Government is involed in way too much imho.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmiami View Post
Why are all you Republicans bitching and moaning? Florida's government is run by Republicans and the Republican Secretary of State will get to certify the election. The Democrats aren't trying to steal the election and couldn't, even if they wanted to. They are trying to get an honest count of the ballots. However the outcome, the Republican Secretary of State will certify it. Remember 2000 and Gore vs Bush, when candidate Bush's brother, Jeb, was governor and Katherine Harris, the Republican Secretary of State had to certify the election? So stop complaining!
Republican politicians are the source of their own problems, especially the neo-con wing, which co-opted the party. They complain about Obamacare, but wouldn't repeal it when they had the chance. Not to mention Republican John Roberts certified it as law.They complain about illegal immigration, but who opened the floodgates? Why, a Republicant, Ronnie Reagan! They complain about being de-platformed. Ooops, who set up the conditions for that? Antonin Scalia, Republican, Citizens United! With a special appearance by Republican vulture Mitty Romney, "Corporations are people, too!"

And a reminder, just so we know who really runs things: The banks and Wall Street ARE the government, and don't ever forget it. (OK, Woody Wilson, a Democrat, was responsible for that debacle.)

Florida was lost the day Katherine Harris certified the election.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:51 AM

The Florida pension system is safe and solvent. Why? Because of Alex Sink, Democrat. Had it been up to JEB!, it would have been turned over to Lehman and POOF! It would be gone by now.

Old 11-11-2018, 03:56 PM

This just in: "Broward County just found new boxes of votes...for Al Gore."

H/T Matt Gaetz

Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 PM

Below is a comment from the site ZeroHedge, posted in response to one of the stories on the recount. The poster illustrates how the fraud is done, and now it makes sense about the affidavit posted by one of the workers in the election supervisor's office:

"I worked the polls in Palm Beach County and can tell you how the fraud works:

1. Not at the individual polling location. These are decent people, none willing to take a felony for anybody.

2. Once the ballots are printed, the fraud starts.

3. You must have a huge stack of preprinted ballots to fill out and have ready to count should they be "needed". Note that the election must be close to commit fraud.

4. A group of hard core criminals are paid large to sit in a room and fill in the ballots, straight "D". They dont always get it right, hence the 24,000 or so ballots with no vote for senator. Note that this only happened in Broward County. This is a fraud data point.

5. The boxes of ballots are moved around at night with the support of the full county apparatus. These boxes are staged in various locations to be used as needed.

6. Law enforcement for some reason does not get involved, even when clear procedural violations of law are taking place. Not criminal law? Beg to differ. This allows the conspirators to act with virtual impunity as their chance of getting arrested and prosecuted is zero.

7. Under the mantra that all votes must be counted, more and more fraud ballots are fed into the machines. Eventually, after the "R" is behind the "D" and the counting stops after "all votes are counted".

8. All evidence is somehow destroyed, and the "auditable trail" is somehow not so traceable or even close to being transparent. Evidence is destroyed on the fly.

So how to stop this? The fraud ring in Broward and Palm Beach county must be broken up. Problem is only law enforcement can stop it. Civil proceedings wont do as liberal billionairs are funding the effort. It has to be get a bunch of them in a room one at a time and use the standard "first in, first out" to get some of them to turn."

Only way to stop this is just eliminate all votes for this election from Broward and Palm Beach counties. It's a shame, but that's the only way to handle it in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida