Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2019, 07:19 PM

603 posts, read 442,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Okay this actually makes me hate Publix a little bit because I despise the smell of Axe and don't want anything that encourages more men to use it.
I used to use it but now ...
I’ve been banned from using anything other then this Chanel Bleu stuff that’s like $60 a bottle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 09:26 PM

3,331 posts, read 2,136,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
They have good deals on Dove Men and Nivea products. I get mine from there when they go on BOGO. I, too, don't like Axe.

Yeah I can't stand Axe products either. I can't use Dove though, as for some reason every time I've tried them over the years I've developed hives and/or a rash & itchiness afterwards.

The best thing I've found for me is the Dial Hydro Fresh hair & body wash and I would highly recommend it. For some reason the Publix stores around me seem to carry only the 16oz variety so I'll get the 32oz pump version from either Amazon or Walmart for a dollar more instead. Stuff has been a godsend for me for the price. If I'm excessively sweaty or dirty I'll use Zest bar soap first to really strip all of that crap off of me and then use the aforementioned Dial product afterwards and wait a couple of minutes before rinsing.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:39 AM
aax

710 posts, read 497,906 times
Publix has someone cooking food and handing out samples to eat. But no seating. Why?

Old 05-09-2019, 05:08 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Okay this actually makes me hate Publix a little bit because I despise the smell of Axe and don't want anything that encourages more men to use it.
Not only wear it, but to the point where one can not only smell it but taste it. It seems to be the only demographic that bathes in a fragrance like that, is "use heavily" printed on the packaging or something?

Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
Publix has someone cooking food and handing out samples to eat. But no seating. Why?
The stores aren't big enough and the prepared food sections aren't conducive to sitting down and eating. Wegmans and Whole Foods are more set up for that.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post

They are handing out one bite samples not meals!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:47 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
They are handing out one bite samples not meals!

Yeah just like they do at Costco and Sam's!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:49 AM

605 posts, read 804,801 times
Everyone in NC is so excited about its heavy expansion into the state... I think I prefer Lowes Foods and Harris Teeter.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 AM

94 posts, read 111,736 times
PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS knows its own business model, and doesn't stray too far from it. That's smart. They don't WANT to be like Whole Foods or Kroger! go speak with any executive or marketing person in Lakeland ! they know who is, and who is NOT a Publix, targeted customer whether it's in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Middle TN, Central AL and beyond. They are NOT running after WalMart customers, or Aldi customers, or Trade Joe's either. Their growth segment is primarily an upper middle class suburban and ex-urban Family....not even "urban dwellers".

Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride The WAVE View Post
PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS knows its own business model, and doesn't stray too far from it. That's smart. They don't WANT to be like Whole Foods or Kroger! go speak with any executive or marketing person in Lakeland ! they know who is, and who is NOT a Publix, targeted customer whether it's in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Middle TN, Central AL and beyond. They are NOT running after WalMart customers, or Aldi customers, or Trade Joe's either. Their growth segment is primarily an upper middle class suburban and ex-urban Family....not even "urban dwellers".

LOL there is nothing "upper middle class" about Publix! It's a low class grocery store experience. It's not like you can find fresh truffles or black garlic in the Publix produce dept! It's not like they are serving fresh lobster rolls and hot prime rib at the deli! LOL!!!!!! They are serving greasy fried chicken livers, cheap subs and mac salads loaded with mayo! The bakery is also full of cheap artificial cakes and pies.

I can assure you that "upper middle class" people are not eating greasy fried chicken livers and subs, nor are they buying Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!

Those consumers are watching what they eat and shopping smarter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida