Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 05:33 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,198,377 times

Advertisements

Not that I can recall. There are also many planned upscale developments like Nocatee. Definitely no homeless people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
Doesn't st augustine have a large homeless population?

Old 09-13-2020, 05:35 PM

72 posts, read 42,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Wearing Trump and Biden clothing, making your house a giant billboard, starting every conversation by talking about Trump or Biden... sadly there are so many sheep these days who really destroy their quality of life over politics.
None of those actions warrant harassment or violence. It's sad that this is what we've come to as a nation. You should be able to exercise your freedom of speech without being attacked.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:49 PM

14 posts, read 12,496 times
Tampa is the only walkable city in Florida. I didn’t feel safe in downtown when I was there 2 weeks ago. Lots of POC with very angry looks. Felt very liberal to me. Liberal means crime is ok.

St.Augustine is the best. Clean air and water. 90% republicans. Feels good and safe.

Naples and Marco Island are super safe but super boring. Plus GOM water is very polluted.

Orlando area not safe.

Jupiter is nice but expensive and not as safe as St.Augustine.

You will not find everything you are looking for in Florida. The state is not safe in general. But people are nice, weather in NE part is good, and in the right community you can have good quality of life. It will take a while to find this community.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:59 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,615,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Wearing Trump and Biden clothing, making your house a giant billboard, starting every conversation by talking about Trump or Biden... sadly there are so many sheep these days who really destroy their quality of life over politics.
And you're one of them. You're a California refugee that screwed up his own state with your ridiculous left wing politics then took them over to mine when you could no longer hack it. Rinse, wash, and repeat for all the other states liberals migrate to like locust. The hostility you people get is for a reason.

Old 09-13-2020, 07:45 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Well, JMO, but of places recommended here I would have to agree with the suggestion of Naples. Other than the older population, I think it pretty much ticks the boxes for the OP. Everywhere else has too many of their "negatives"

Old 09-13-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, JMO, but of places recommended here I would have to agree with the suggestion of Naples. Other than the older population, I think it pretty much ticks the boxes for the OP. Everywhere else has too many of their "negatives"
I know it's old but I looked it up on Niche and holy **** Naples is old. I hope it at least has a Trader Joe's.

Old 09-13-2020, 08:43 PM

17,143 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2050 View Post
Tampa is the only walkable city in Florida. I didn’t feel safe in downtown when I was there 2 weeks ago. Lots of POC with very angry looks. Felt very liberal to me. Liberal means crime is ok.

St.Augustine is the best. Clean air and water. 90% republicans. Feels good and safe.

Naples and Marco Island are super safe but super boring. Plus GOM water is very polluted.

Orlando area not safe.

Jupiter is nice but expensive and not as safe as St.Augustine.

You will not find everything you are looking for in Florida. The state is not safe in general. But people are nice, weather in NE part is good, and in the right community you can have good quality of life. It will take a while to find this community.
Drugs are bad. You should seek help.

(Miami Beach, Orlando core — Downtown, Ivanhoe, Thornton — and St-Pete are the most walkable parts of FL. Not Tampa.)

Old 09-13-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Drugs are bad. You should seek help.

(Miami Beach, Orlando core — Downtown, Ivanhoe, Thornton — and St-Pete are the most walkable parts of FL. Not Tampa.)
I agree. Miami Beach is by far the most walkable city in Florida (one of the most walkable in the country), and Miami, Orlando, St Pete have plenty of walkability.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:15 AM

1,131 posts, read 386,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
Not that I can recall. There are also many planned upscale developments like Nocatee. Definitely no homeless people there.
That is like so many suburbs around FL. You can live in a region where there might be civil unrest, but most of the time the unrest (protests, looting, rioting, etc) occurs deep in the heart of cities and not in gated communities like upscale developments - we'll have to have the apocalypse to occur before the thugs jump the walls of your gated community. You'll be able to sleep well at night - just don't buy in low socioeconomic or downtown areas.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:33 AM

786 posts, read 626,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
But are they decent places to live?

I already know where to find right wing communities. Which fit my criteria the best?

Where are you coming from?
Your desired list doesnt exist in Florida. We can only give you places based on what you are willing to compromise on. Plus if you are from specific region we are familiar with we can also give you heads up on things you may not know or comparisons you can relate to... most of us in the state are transplants ourself.

If you want help or advice, please clarify... because this will turn into a political fight in a sandbox, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida