Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 12:39 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times

Advertisements

Someplace like Perry or Palatka sounds perfect for you, but both areas have black communities and none of the amenities you desire. I think somewhere like Wyoming or the Dakota's is where you need to sequester yourself. You would probably end up with like-minded people much easier than you would in Florida.

Buy a ranch, and electrify the fencing. That might help with the invading urban hoardes.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 AM

786 posts, read 626,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
One theory I've heard on the 'Florida Man' stories is that Florida has broad public records laws and it is cheap for media organizations to generate content by having the intern comb through recently published police blotters and arrest records and generate a quirky story that will generate a lot of clicks for a web site.

So we don't necessarily have more weirdos than other places; we just do the Florida thing and monetize them and their stories well.

Don't buy it, there are many states with open public records like Florida with no where near the the levels of weirdos that we have here. The insane stories that make national headlines 8 out of 10 times is always a Florida Story.

My theory is that the state gets the most visitors from all over the country and world, and attracts people who impulsively relocate uninformed and unprepared for the challenges. This creates a higher level of desperation in people who already make ill-advised decisions and headlines are made. Plus the state refuses to deal with specific social and economic crisis (Drugs, Housing, ect), and this adds to the crazy logic behind the Florida Man/Woman behavior.

There is also the super weird isolated swamp-woodlands folk that crawl out of their nest more often in Florida and interact with the general population more than often than in other regions that have these environments.

I have lived and worked in many states and countries, and nowhere can the general craziness come close to the behavior of people in Florida.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:05 AM

126 posts, read 108,400 times
Do not move to Saint Pete. That place will go up like a tinderbox at the first police shooting.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I voted for Trump in 2016 ..... I'm voting for Biden this election

Well aren't you the diplomat?

Old 09-16-2020, 10:16 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
Do not move to Saint Pete. That place will go up like a tinderbox at the first police shooting.
you got that right -
tons of homeless, too
lots of gay pride stuff --

a conservative leaning person wouldn't ever feel comfortable with that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFsJg-36zg

Old 09-16-2020, 10:22 AM

72 posts, read 42,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
you got that right -
tons of homeless, too
lots of gay pride stuff --

a conservative leaning person wouldn't ever feel comfortable with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFsJg-36zg
Lol st pete isn't that bad.
Probably my favorite english speaking city in Florida actually.

But a bad choice for avoiding civil unrest as stated above.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:00 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Someplace like Perry or Palatka sounds perfect for you, but both areas have black communities and none of the amenities you desire. I think somewhere like Wyoming or the Dakota's is where you need to sequester yourself. You would probably end up with like-minded people much easier than you would in Florida.

Buy a ranch, and electrify the fencing. That might help with the invading urban hoardes.
Perry is too racist for most garden variety casual racists. In the late 1990s, there were still businesses there that would make black patrons go to the take out counter in the back of the restaurant rather than being allowed to get a table inside, or would tell black guests at the motel they were not allowed to use the pool.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
Lol st pete isn't that bad.
You do realize the Uhurus live in St. Pete?

I'm starting to not believe your claim that you have lived all over Florida and know the area.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:12 PM

72 posts, read 42,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
You do realize the Uhurus live in St. Pete?

I'm starting to not believe your claim that you have lived all over Florida and know the area.
No idea what a uhuru is

Old 09-16-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_marlowe View Post
No idea what a uhuru is
Confirms my point about you above then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida