Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 01:09 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times

Advertisements

The NHC has initiated advisories on Tropical Depression 9, noting that interests in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands should closely monitor the system at this time.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2022/NINE.shtml?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 03:37 PM

5,423 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It's a killer waiting if they have a slow forward speed and a big let down like a clown when they always miss me. OP will be on the bad side of this storm norm if it goes into south FL.

Still gonna flip flop for a few days. We will know by Mon. OP may not be around for a while if the POW WOW goes out for days. Just think no A/C will be a killer this time of year dear.
I hope you don't get this storm, but then maybe if you got hit, didn't have power, AC or running water for a week you might think differently about begging for a hurricane. I've been there a few times, I don't want to experience it again.

I lived in a condo in Indian Harbour Beach (Brevard) in 2004 when we had Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne. The electric/AC was out for days with some of these storms, I can't remember which storms, that whole hurricane season blurs together for me, lol. What was bad was the heat/humidity inside was setting the smoke detectors off every few hours. Luckily I had friends in Viera that I stayed with, it was unlivable on the beach.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:46 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I hope you don't get this storm, but then maybe if you got hit, didn't have power, AC or running water for a week you might think differently about begging for a hurricane. I've been there a few times, I don't want to experience it again.

I lived in a condo in Indian Harbour Beach (Brevard) in 2004 when we had Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne. The electric/AC was out for days with some of these storms, I can't remember which storms, that whole hurricane season blurs together for me, lol. What was bad was the heat/humidity inside was setting the smoke detectors off every few hours. Luckily I had friends in Viera that I stayed with, it was unlivable on the beach.
I won't be around anymore if the house goes. I will end it fast. Too late to start over. I knew in my heart since i was a kid this was how i was going one day. If the roof stays i guess i can deal without A/C for a few months. I won't leave the house no matter what. So if i stop posting for good then ya all know i am gone.

With a steady 115mph winds we will see gust to around 130 or more since i am right on the gulf there is nothing to block the wind. This area will be gone and the biggest mess jess you ever saw. All i ever wanted is 80mph wind max and heavy rain. None of these old homes could take winds over 130mph.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:02 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
NHC now has seven recon missions scheduled between Friday night and Sunday morning to try to get good data on what could rapidly intensify into a nasty storm.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:37 PM

5,423 posts, read 3,482,156 times
It's officially Tropical Storm Ian now.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:23 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I won't be around anymore if the house goes. I will end it fast. Too late to start over. I knew in my heart since i was a kid this was how i was going one day. If the roof stays i guess i can deal without A/C for a few months. I won't leave the house no matter what. So if i stop posting for good then ya all know i am gone.

With a steady 115mph winds we will see gust to around 130 or more since i am right on the gulf there is nothing to block the wind. This area will be gone and the biggest mess jess you ever saw. All i ever wanted is 80mph wind max and heavy rain. None of these old homes could take winds over 130mph.

We'll miss you if you're right and the worst does take place. So, BOL, and please do consider evacuating. Just breathing every day is a joy when still healthy!!!

Perhaps consider sending your user name to an out-of-state friend, and ask that they provide it to local newspapers or even something like "60 Minutes," especially if you provide a video recording of your long-term weather/climate interest and ironic desire for a hurricane experience, so your story won't be lost with any devastating storm. You certainly would be a hit topic of discussion in the C-D Florida forum!

Old 09-24-2022, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
We'll miss you if you're right and the worst does take place. So, BOL, and please do consider evacuating. Just breathing every day is a joy when still healthy!!!

Perhaps consider sending your user name to an out-of-state friend, and ask that they provide it to local newspapers or even something like "60 Minutes," especially if you provide a video recording of your long-term weather/climate interest and ironic desire for a hurricane experience, so your story won't be lost with any devastating storm. You certainly would be a hit topic of discussion in the C-D Florida forum!
I have had a easy life and have no one left. Maybe i will find out where we go when we kick it if we go anywhere. I really don't see this storm being the one that ends it for me unless it is CAT 4 OR 5 and moves onshore just north of me. Only thing i worry about is no POW WOW and no A/C for days or longer. If this storm is a 2 or 3 and goes south of me i should be ok.

Remember the strongest core winds will only be around 10 to 15 miles from the storm center. So if it misses me by 25 miles or more i can handle 100mpg or less jess. Gonna have to take down my TV Ant's.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:05 AM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
It's officially Tropical Storm Ian now.
yep, and the track is holding this morning with a major hitting Tampa

Old 09-24-2022, 06:09 AM

It will do a flop and flip like a fish.

Old 09-24-2022, 07:10 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
If I were living in the Florida Keys right now I’d be going over my evacuation checklist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida