Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:42 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
I am from Monmouth County NJ (Central). I didn't take offense to anything you said no worries. The worst part about moving with kids is the long drive to get here, otherwise it isn't so bad. They were just as excited as I was.
We lived in Manalapan and Millstone Twp.....

hopefully getting the chance to move to florida eventually....

Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default Yeah, never be happy anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfire View Post
You are all so great!! As I told Chelsa, I just started posting on here, but I have been reading all the posts several times a day for months and all though there are a few really annoying naysayers that will never be happy anywhere, there more of you like these last few posts that really help me out and reassure me that we are making the right decision. I just hope everything works out with our jobs so we can get on the road!!
I am calling in sick tomorrow after only being in my new job for 3 days. Why? The class is going to the Special Olympics tommorow for all 6 hours of school. It is going to be 85 degrees and sunny. We were told to be prepared. There will be NO SHADE, only open fields. As soon as I heard that, I broke into a cold sweat. No shade? What the hell am I going to do? I don't want to risk "losing it" in front of all those people sitting in the blazing sun for 6 hours with no shade. I cannot do it. I am too afraid that after about an hour, let alone, SIX I will be screaming get me out of here.

I want all you people to just stop and think your a minute. How would YOU feel sitting outside in your "bone chilling cold" with snow blowing in your face for 6 hours. That is precisely how I feel facing the opposite alternative.

Don't you DARE tell me I will not be happy ANYWHERE. I was happy where I was, and would be ANYWHERE in this entire COUNTRY where there isn't ENDLESS BLAZING HOT SUN.

I am made up my mind. If it means divorcing my husband of 35 years, or eating cat food for the rest of my life on a street somewhere, I am going to do it. Anything will be better than this PRISON.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,770,778 times
Well then, it sounds like the right thing to do!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 PM

You can choose to ignore, I do.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
Default If this was about WINTER SAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
You can choose to ignore, I do.

You would be VERY sympathic, wouldn't you DEARIE.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:55 PM

64 posts, read 125,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I am calling in sick tomorrow after only being in my new job for 3 days. Why? The class is going to the Special Olympics tommorow for all 6 hours of school. It is going to be 85 degrees and sunny. We were told to be prepared. There will be NO SHADE, only open fields. As soon as I heard that, I broke into a cold sweat. No shade? What the hell am I going to do? I don't want to risk "losing it" in front of all those people sitting in the blazing sun for 6 hours with no shade. I cannot do it. I am too afraid that after about an hour, let alone, SIX I will be screaming get me out of here.

I want all you people to just stop and think your a minute. How would YOU feel sitting outside in your "bone chilling cold" with snow blowing in your face for 6 hours. That is precisely how I feel facing the opposite alternative.

Don't you DARE tell me I will not be happy ANYWHERE. I was happy where I was, and would be ANYWHERE in this entire COUNTRY where there isn't ENDLESS BLAZING HOT SUN.

I am made up my mind. If it means divorcing my husband of 35 years, or eating cat food for the rest of my life on a street somewhere, I am going to do it. Anything will be better than this PRISON.
I think a lot of us understand how miserable you are there and WHY you are miserable there. The biggest problem is that you seem to assume everyone is going to hate it too because you do and so do your daughters.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Actually, I meant I choose to ignore your comments.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

Looks like you still haven't gotten that therapy I suggested for you last year,hmmmmm? You sound like a walking time bomb. And since when do you have a "new job?" What happened to the old one? And for heaven's sake, 85 degrees with low humidity is nothing, wear a hat for Pete sake! This is YOUR JOB, I bet no one else there is complaining!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

831 posts, read 2,438,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
We lived in Manalapan and Millstone Twp.....

hopefully getting the chance to move to florida eventually....

I lived in Rumson, not to far from you. I had given it 2 years here before I finally decided to move back. Its now been four but hey whose counting.lol Which part of Florida are you looking at East or West Coast?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaly View Post
I think a lot of us understand how miserable you are there and WHY you are miserable there. The biggest problem is that you seem to assume everyone is going to hate it too because you do and so do your daughters.

I don't hate Florida. I just wouldn't want to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida