Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 01:11 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't get their concept of shrink-wrapped produce either. It's not predominate in all of their stores but find it annoying to have to example ask for two turnips versus the pack of 6. I suppose though it extends shelf life on already long out of the ground items.
I dont think its a shelf life thing as much as it is to force you to get 6 when u only want 2
or to hide bruised parts of an item. It requires labor and packaging costs which gets passed onto
us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 01:17 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I personally enjoy shopping at a multitude of stores. Grocery shopping is not exactly a fun chore, so this keeps it interesting. One store I do NOT shop at is Walmart; my reasons are they do not carry the type or brands of food I like, they have the WORST customer service ever, and the whole store looks gray and uninviting even though new. I rotate Super Target, Publix, ALDI, Trader Joe's with an occasional stop at the farmstand.
I dont know which wal marts are near you but in general they are set up warehouse style. No ceilings. Exposed superstructure. Simple colors. I think it is to give the feel of warehouse shopping. Like Costco and Sams does.

Anytime Ive needed help in Wal Mart, Ive been able to ask someone stocking a shelf or walking along where I could find something and get taken to the item. Never a problem at checkout. Efficient cashiers. Most of them pay attention to packing too.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I dont know which wal marts are near you but in general they are set up warehouse style. No ceilings. Exposed superstructure. Simple colors. I think it is to give the feel of warehouse shopping. Like Costco and Sams does.

Anytime Ive needed help in Wal Mart, Ive been able to ask someone stocking a shelf or walking along where I could find something and get taken to the item. Never a problem at checkout. Efficient cashiers. Most of them pay attention to packing too.
you must have a great Walmart, the one closest to me is always busy, not many registers open, employees that just don't care ... I stay away from there as much as possible

Old 05-19-2014, 05:30 PM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times
I've had mostly good experiences with the workers at the Vero Beach WalMart. When I have asked where an item is located, more than once the clerk has gone out of their way to take me to its location. One even went back to the stock room to see if an item had arrived. The checkout clerks have never questioned an ad match or asked for the ad. I may have just been lucky, but no complaints so far, after almost a year of shopping there.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:45 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

The worst thing about Walmart is the well other than being open 24 hour, pretty much everything but I must say the fact that they bag one item per bag drives me crazy

Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 PM

159 posts, read 322,019 times
Does it bother anyone that people "eat lunch/dinner" at the deli counter? I am a vegetarian but buy boars head meat for the hubby. I will wait in line behind people who order 1/4 LB of 4 different kinds of meat....being offered a sample slice of each! This takes an incredible amount of time! By the time those customers have finished, they have eaten a lunch portion of meat or cheese...and I have waited 20 minutes for my 1 lb of sliced meat!

Does this bother anyone else????

Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by let it go View Post
Does it bother anyone that people "eat lunch/dinner" at the deli counter? I am a vegetarian but buy boars head meat for the hubby. I will wait in line behind people who order 1/4 LB of 4 different kinds of meat....being offered a sample slice of each! This takes an incredible amount of time! By the time those customers have finished, they have eaten a lunch portion of meat or cheese...and I have waited 20 minutes for my 1 lb of sliced meat!

You can order your deli purchase online at Publix and pick it up when u get there
https://order.publix.com/pages/SubDe...ath=deli.1.1.2

Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 AM

27,216 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:

Yes, and FYI you can pick up already sliced Applegate Farms cold cuts out of the refrigerator units next to the deli without the annoying process and they're much better for the hubby. They're all natural/organic without antibiotics, hormones, nitrates, nitrites, no fillers, have much lower sodium and are humanely produced on a vegetarian diet. Products - Deli Meat - Applegate

Old 05-20-2014, 06:41 AM

159 posts, read 322,019 times
Thanks NEWRED5......did not know that service was available....would certainly work if I planned ahead!

Also, Kyle 19125....I do know about Applegate and do purchase that when the line at the counter is just too long...Boars head is a better for brand than Publex for sure...so antibiotics or fillers. Hubby likes some of the flavors of Boars head better than Applegate. I could avoid the whole meat process if I could convince him to be a vegetarian like me! LOL!!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:

No, I appreciate the samples and love that they do that. Super Target does that as well. While Applegate is a good brand, I really hate buying pre-packaged deli meat because is always feels too "slimy" to me from the package. Boar's Head is too freaking expensive - I buy the "Healthy One's" brand turkey at Super Target that they custom slice off the loaf, it's delicious and very reasonably priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida