Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
And if you can't sell your house b/c of WEATHER....cmon...that's a lame reason.
Who said that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:20 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,992 times
Aha! PBCboy is NOT NAH!!!

Only the girly men stay indoors in the heat!
Serious man - I don't like to go out til it's at least 85!!!
Lately I'm in heaven... (singing joyfully )
Been waiting MONTHS for this!!!
I don't CARE if it's 100% humidity!
Bring it on babeh!
Oh yeaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, uh, yeah - did ya see the 31 to 20 votes FOR the heat?!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,299,474 times
I love the balmy heat...I can't wait for the rainy season. So many people complain about the humidity but I really enjoy it.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 AM

60 posts, read 107,492 times
Actually, aside from the heat, the summers aren't that bad. The golf courses offer discounts, the restaurants also offer discounts, and the traffic disappears. Summer in Florida has it's advantages.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcurious View Post
Actually, aside from the heat, the summers aren't that bad. The golf courses offer discounts, the restaurants also offer discounts, and the traffic disappears. Summer in Florida has it's advantages.
From what I hear from New Englanders, aside from the cold and the snow, winters aren't that bad there either....

Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
From what I hear from New Englanders, aside from the cold and the snow, winters aren't that bad there either....
Exactly!

The Summers in Florida are horrendous.... you have to be a lizard to really enjoy the muggy heat. >_<

But to each his own....

This poll has truly shown we have more "Florida Fans" than "Mickey Mads". Like I said, it is no surprise that the posts are overly positive.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,868 times
Compared to being couped inside in Jersey from November thru March, I'll take the heat, and just jump in the pool if the heats too much. Only relief from the cold is to bundle up. Tack on the fact the gas heat in jersey is still on, and its MAY, that makes 8 straight months of running the furnace, was high of 49 yesterday. BRRRRR

Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead07 View Post
Compared to being couped inside in Jersey from November thru March, I'll take the heat, and just jump in the pool if the heats too much. Only relief from the cold is to bundle up. Tack on the fact the gas heat in jersey is still on, and its MAY, that makes 8 straight months of running the furnace, was high of 49 yesterday. BRRRRR
Like was said, to each thier own. I guess my curiousity is why those "freezing" in the New England states seem to think they have to overcompensate by moving to Florida where it's too hot???

Old 05-07-2007, 02:08 PM

217 posts, read 806,627 times
"I guess my curiousity is why those "freezing" in the New England states seem to think they have to overcompensate by moving to Florida where it's too hot???"

You just said it....To each his own. SOME people (and believe me, I know you're not one of 'em) actually prefer it hot. I won't even go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, unless the temp is 85 or better. But that's me.
No, I'm not a reptile....But if there's such a thing as reincarnation - I bet I WAS one in a past life.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,299,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Exactly!

The Summers in Florida are horrendous.... you have to be a lizard to really enjoy the muggy heat. >_<

But to each his own....

This poll has truly shown we have more "Florida Fans" than "Mickey Mads". Like I said, it is no surprise that the posts are overly positive.
If you think Florida is hot, you need to try Texas summers...100 degrees for literally a month or more, the temp at night doesn't drop below 90 AND no rain to cool things off...everything brown and dead, watering restrictions make it imposible to keep lawns alive. I used to go out at night to get my mail...the cement of my drive way was still so hot, I could have fried an egg on it. Not for me, I can tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida