Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 AM

663 posts, read 1,145,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Wow, were you in the mountains or something? The weather in Dec. here has been at or above normal for 20 consecutive days. Not saying it's warm, but certainly nothing that's called for 8 layers of clothing. I've barely been able to wear my stylish fluffy warm scarves -- not cold enough for 'em! Anyway, I haven't spent a summer in FL but if I have to make a choice right now, I'll choose them. As I get older, these old bones can't handle the cold.
I was in State CollagePa. We never had away above 40, the week I was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 09:35 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL biz View Post
I actually enjoy the summers here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
No your not the only one I really don't see the big deal about our summers personally...Again we love to wear T shirts and shorts/Capri's Flip Flops and Dine outside all year round and after living in NY/NJ for 38 yrs of my life....I do not like the cold in anyway shape or form....We lived in Colorado for 5.5 years before going back to NY and it was warmer in Colorado in the winter way back when than in NY...lol I never had to wear my Down jacket, and when it snowed it was 68-70 degrees the next day...Im also going back to 1991...lol

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,484 times
NY winters, at least you can put a coat, mittens, and a beanie and feel ok, but Florida summers not even going naked will solve the heat/humidity problem.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
A/C solves the problem...you go from your house to a car that is A/C into a store or restaurant or work there is A/C then u get back in your car and do the same thing and go back into the A/C

and if one wants to do outdoor stuff u wait until later unless your sitting on the beach or by a pool which is what most people do in the summer it isnt a problem...however never ever go to Disney in August...lol

Old 12-29-2011, 04:32 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
NY winters, at least you can put a coat, mittens, and a beanie and feel ok, but Florida summers not even going naked will solve the heat/humidity problem.
Man do I get tired of hearing this. When I lived in NY there were times I could not put on enough clothes to feel warm and layering up to the point where I didn't have full use of my extremities is not fun.

I have never had to go naked to cool off, I have always been fine in shorts and a t shirt.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,896,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
You should serve a year in East Texas...

113 degrees with 80+ humidity in the Summer...

Last night, It got down to 26 and usually January is our worst month for cold..

Old 12-29-2011, 04:44 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
You should serve a year in East Texas...

113 degrees with 80+ humidity in the Summer...

Last night, It got down to 26 and usually January is our worst month for cold..
39 here right now, more than cold enough. I am hoping this is as cold as we get this winter but it probably won't be.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,896,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
39 here right now, more than cold enough. I am hoping this is as cold as we get this winter but it probably won't be.
Just watch out for sink holes when the farmers start using all the water to ice down the strawberries again !

Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,155,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Man do I get tired of hearing this. When I lived in NY there were times I could not put on enough clothes to feel warm and layering up to the point where I didn't have full use of my extremities is not fun.

I have never had to go naked to cool off, I have always been fine in shorts and a t shirt.

I repped you on this.

I'm sure people think I have no business responding since I've never lived in FL, and spending summers there doesn't compare to living there. However, this morning it's 17* here, wind chill making it single digit feel. By the time I got my heavy winter coat, scarf and gloves on, I could barely move. Trying to put my seatbelt is always a challenge too when bundled up like that.

However, even on the hottest days here, or in FL that I have experienced, I have never felt like I needed to go naked to cool off.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I repped you on this.

I'm sure people think I have no business responding since I've never lived in FL, and spending summers there doesn't compare to living there. However, this morning it's 17* here, wind chill making it single digit feel. By the time I got my heavy winter coat, scarf and gloves on, I could barely move. Trying to put my seatbelt is always a challenge too when bundled up like that.

However, even on the hottest days here, or in FL that I have experienced, I have never felt like I needed to go naked to cool off.
It was that cold yesterday? We were in Hartford visiting relatives and I didn't think it was that cold. We stopped at a rest stop and I sat at a picnic table drinking coffee for a while. I brought a down coat with me but was only wearing a fleece hoodie and no hat, scraf, or gloves.

No wonder I can't take Florida's heat. BTW, I love New England, especially during the Holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida