Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:56 PM

663 posts, read 1,145,728 times

Advertisements

If your in even moderate shape, the Florida summer is awesome. There is no such thing as Too Hot!
The temp hits 100 a lot more in the northeast than it does in Florida.
I just visited Pa for a week in December. Friggin miserable. You can't do anything without 8 layers of clothes on. I even slept with 2 pair of socks, sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The only time I was comfortable was when I was in the shower. Of course I turned into a dry skinned lizard once I got out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,391,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That just depends what your definition of "cold" is. I have been back on LI for the past past month. Most of the time in the days it's been hovering around 50 degrees. It's 47 right now. That isn't cold at all. I haven't even been able to wear my down coat much. Booo. No snow, of course with temps that high.

Yes, the weather people are calling this weather mild. I suppose if you want Summer weather all year, then anything under 80 degrees will be "freezing" to you.

Personally, I would rather have a New York Winter than even a Florida WINTER, since I am the opposite. I hate weather over 70 degrees.
Well the fact that so many people are coming here for winters and its not just the Older people, as a lot of our neighbors whom moved here recently from NY again will disagree with you cold is cold...We love temps in the 70's and sorry but 47 degrees to me is cold..again I lived in Brooklyn all my life and NJ for 10 years before leaving the Northeast im 43 now and well Florida Weather to us is Just the Best...we love wearing flip flops all year round and not using the Heat for 3-4 months out of the year and NY was hotter this past summer than was it here...if one likes the cold then great...my friends just came back from Manhattan for the holiday's and they are from there too and couldn't believe how chilly it was....50 is Mild for NY however for me its still too cold..

Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,899,382 times
I think what most people would consider ideal is a place that has temperatures between 55-75 for as much of the year as possible.That's where a place like San Diego joins the conversation.I think most of Florida is too hot for me most of the year,sure winters are nice but look at winter so far this year,my car thermometer read 86 the other day.I don't care what anyone says Florida is too hot for too much of the year and the northeast is too cold for too much of the year,somewhere in the middle or California have those 55-75 temperatures for a longer amount of time.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:45 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Well the fact that so many people are coming here for winters and its not just the Older people, as a lot of our neighbors whom moved here recently from NY again will disagree with you cold is cold...We love temps in the 70's and sorry but 47 degrees to me is cold..again I lived in Brooklyn all my life and NJ for 10 years before leaving the Northeast im 43 now and well Florida Weather to us is Just the Best...we love wearing flip flops all year round and not using the Heat for 3-4 months out of the year and NY was hotter this past summer than was it here...if one likes the cold then great...my friends just came back from Manhattan for the holiday's and they are from there too and couldn't believe how chilly it was....50 is Mild for NY however for me its still too cold..
We went into Manhattan today and walked around for about 4 hours; East Village and then to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. Not that cold out (40s), but the winds made it feel colder. I knew this and dressed for it and I didn't feel cold. I am 63. No problem with the cold, but 4 hours of WALKING started to get to me.

In all honesty, I could never walk around outside for 4 hours in 80 degree heat in Florida. I would pass out. You can always put on more clothes, but how many can you take off? Nope, I hibernate in Florida heat. Just as others say they hibernate up North in the cold.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
We hit 70 numerous times in the mountains this past month. It seems to be warmer everywhere.

I looked up Central FL weather yesterday, and Orlando area will be in the high 40's to low 50's for the low and low 70's for the high. That's perfect. It was like 28 degrees here lastnight. It sucks. You don't want to even go out and walk the dogs. Who wants to get bundled up to walk your dogs at 10pm?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,733 times
About ready for my 10 o'clock walk here. Thermometer says 14.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
^^^Yikes Ken E!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,733 times
Dogs don't care.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,391,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
We went into Manhattan today and walked around for about 4 hours; East Village and then to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. Not that cold out (40s), but the winds made it feel colder. I knew this and dressed for it and I didn't feel cold. I am 63. No problem with the cold, but 4 hours of WALKING started to get to me.

In all honesty, I could never walk around outside for 4 hours in 80 degree heat in Florida. I would pass out. You can always put on more clothes, but how many can you take off? Nope, I hibernate in Florida heat. Just as others say they hibernate up North in the cold.
well most people can't walk around in 80 degrees...LOL I know I couldn't I was just saying I dont like to wear layers of clothes and be cold...lol

Old 12-27-2011, 03:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Yes well u r also about 4 hrs north of me. No doubt u even get some foliage change where u r.u live in a whole different fla.. I'm 1 exit from the Everglades swamp we don't get an.y change except hot or hotter
You don't sound happy where you are.

I was not happy with NYC winters so I moved to where I did like the winter weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida