Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,786,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't want to pay for the chemicals or additives, I just want the unadulterated product. Therefore, my money is better spent than yours. If I get a reaction to something, I can nail down what caused it. In your case, with all the processed foods, there is a gazillion ingredients that could have had an adverse effect. Artifical vs real food, that is what you are essentially arguing about.
Just read the labels, if your okay with the ingredients, and know what they are..........go for it. But don't tell others how to shop.
i posted up the ingredients in my skippy peanut butter. what in there worries you?

its funny how people use specific words to try to create a mental impression in people reading them to either make something sound better or worse. you support real food while im arguing for artificial food. (im not exactly sure how my peanut butter is artificial. just because some preservatives may be added to a food doesnt magically make it artificial or harmful.) im defending evil chemicals. its silliness. you are arguing in favor of the mental benefit people get by thinking they are eating something thats healthier when it really isnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 PM

827 posts, read 1,674,880 times
ALL those who don't want the "processeed" unwholesome foods just leave them for the rest of us. You just go on with whatever you are attempting to do [whatever that is] I'll gladly get all the PB I can [sometimes that's all I can eat without being sick]

Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,908,161 times
What is your source for this info?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:23 PM

5,585 posts, read 986,735 times
aside from any information you can find on peanut butter or it's contents, I have never heard of peanut butter molding,, I've had it all my life & love it & will not stop from having it when I want it. I've been able to keep peanut butter around for a long time, it generally doesn't last long enough anyway for me to discover any mold if there were to be any, but guess I won't be keeping a jar of opened peanut butter around for a year to find out if it will mold.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:57 PM

146 posts, read 314,323 times
Try almond butter, which in my opinion is better than peanut butter.
You can grind your own almond butter at whole foods, and it tastes havenly, especially with sliced apples. Kids love it.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,412,483 times
Ever since I saw that "20/20" special on that peanut butter plant that made generic peanut butter...I am sticking with Skippy...
Peanut Butter Factory Grosser Than You Want to Know | NBC Chicago

Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM

38 posts, read 41,554 times
Default Peanut Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ever since I saw that "20/20" special on that peanut butter plant that made generic peanut butter...I am sticking with Skippy...
Peanut Butter Factory Grosser Than You Want to Know | NBC Chicago
Great to know. Thanks for posting this!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,401,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Eh, you can buy or make peanut butter that's simply ground up peanuts. How's that for processed?
That's how I buy my peanut butter. There are nut grinders in bulk foods. I buy just enough to get my family through the week and store it in the fridge, although that's not essential. I don't worry about mold, but if someone contracted aspergillus, at least we'd know where it likely came from.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,138,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Hey friends - I was wondering what your thoughts or experiences were regarding peanut butter. I exercise daily and load up on protein whenever I can. I add peanut butter to my protein rich shakes but have been told that I may be exposing myself to high levels of harmful mold.

Thanks in advance...

I've never heard of moldy peanut butter. As a snack I eat peanut butter on granny smith apples.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,775,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Nonsense! Peanut butter doesn't get moldy and doesn't need refrigeration.
I have a jar of peanut butter that contains only dry-roasted peanuts and salt that requires refrigeration after opening. Although salt may be used a preservative, I envision the potential for microbial growth given the nice layer of peanut oil that is inherent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink