Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times

Advertisements

I have no problem at all eating a shaved slice of Porky the Pig, or drinking milk from Bessie the Cow, or enjoying a steak made from her mate. I'm even okay with a flanksteak from Bambi, if it's roasted with enough garlic. I'm not too much into game animals, personally - which is also why I wouldn't be interested in roast Bugs - but I'd be okay with breast of Daffy.

I eat -mostly- vegetables, fruits, and grains - but I do have meats at least a few times every week. I make no apologies for it. I'm a human, and humans are omnivores by definition. I've picked out a lobster from a tank knowing that the chef was going to plop it into a vat of boiling water. I don't really think pigs are "cute" but they are entertaining. And delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,251,579 times
I raise/butcher all my own meat except for beef- no room for that yet. My freezer is stocked with chicken, duck, pork, turkey, lamb, goat and rabbit.

It's just meat, y'all.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
I raise/butcher all my own meat except for beef- no room for that yet. My freezer is stocked with chicken, duck, pork, turkey, lamb, goat and rabbit.

It's just meat, y'all.
and there you have it- the quote of the day "It's just Meat"

great post!

a couple weeks ago on a back road, a wild turkey flew into my car(seems to be happening a lot lately).....I slowed down, and saw him flopping around- so,being an animal lover, not wanting to see it suffer, or writhe in pain,,,i took the steak knife out of my trunk and took his head off

then I just couldn't leave it their,,,so I cut the breast out of him.....put it in a plastic bag...and took it home,,,let it soak in some salt water... and cooked it up...said a prayer to the turkey god,,and ate it-it was pretty good,,stronger flavor than what im use to-but still good

Old 06-13-2013, 08:47 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
The wild turkey on the side of I-95 south bound didn't get close enough to the driving lane for a wild turkey dinner tonight.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I have no problem at all eating a shaved slice of Porky the Pig, or drinking milk from Bessie the Cow, or enjoying a steak made from her mate. I'm even okay with a flanksteak from Bambi, if it's roasted with enough garlic. I'm not too much into game animals, personally - which is also why I wouldn't be interested in roast Bugs - but I'd be okay with breast of Daffy.

I eat -mostly- vegetables, fruits, and grains - but I do have meats at least a few times every week. I make no apologies for it. I'm a human, and humans are omnivores by definition. I've picked out a lobster from a tank knowing that the chef was going to plop it into a vat of boiling water. I don't really think pigs are "cute" but they are entertaining. And delicious.

We all know. So why do you post so frequently on the vegetarian forum? Strange, cause they don't permit people who are trying to convert others.

I don't eat anything with a face. I have compassion.

Pigs are really smart and kind creatures. What they go through to put the meat in your mouth is gruesome. Pigs die the worst death of any mammal that I can think of.

Most are boiled alive.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:24 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
We all know. So why do you post so frequently on the vegetarian forum? Strange, cause they don't permit people who are trying to convert others.

I don't eat anything with a face. I have compassion.

Pigs are really smart and kind creatures. What they go through to put the meat in your mouth is gruesome. Pigs die the worst death of any mammal that I can think of.

Most are boiled alive.
boiled alive??

not true..
i've been to one of the largest hog processing plants in the country- i toured the plant,,,
the pigs are unloaded from a truck, onto a ramp...when they approach the " kill floor" they are electrically stunned, and killed-very quickly,,,

usda inspecters were everywhere, ensuring this...

it is in the best interest of the processor, that the animal is NOT stressed, when they die- otherwise they dont bleed correctly and pertaining to beef, if stressed, they get "dark cutters" which is a cherry colored muscle,,,makes he beef -less value

yes i know not all slaughterhouses have inspectors everywhere,

the worst place ive seen animals suffer at slaughter is at a local farm...

(even warren zeevon,,,ate a dish of beef chow mein, at lee-ho-fooks)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink