Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these restaurants do you like the most
Chili's 9 11.84%
Outback Steakhouse 26 34.21%
Ruby Tuesday 7 9.21%
TGIF 3 3.95%
Ground Round 1 1.32%
Sizzler 2 2.63%
Other 28 36.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 AM

486 posts, read 863,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Non chain restaurants for me if at all possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Sorry, but to me those are all salt-licks. I prefer local restaurants.
^^^^Took the words right out of my mouth.
Ground Round? Had one years ago in Chicago and they disappeared. Didn't know they were
still around. GR had hamburgers and was know for the endless peanut supply where you would
throw the empty shells on the floor....crunch, snap crunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
It is rare for us to eat out and rarely to eat at a chain restaurant unless we have no choice, but I would have to admit, I do like Outback. Their salad is wonderful, the steak for the price is tasty and the prices are easy to take. I also used to love TGIF because they had 2 things I enjoyed: the Cob salad was almost as good as the original ones in CA and they made good buffalo wings, but we haven't eaten at one for maybe 10 years. I have a feeling this Sunday we will break down and do chain. Our daughter and son in law are taking us out for my birthday, before we attend a concert in the afternoon. My favorite place is not theirs and I want to keep the price reasonable. I was thinking Carabba's (spelling) but can't find their lunch menu.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
I'd land on other

Of those listed I'd probably lean towards Ruby Tuesday - especially with the updated menu

I'm at Chilis more than I'd normally want to be - mainly because it's right next to a clients office and it's where they prefer to go .... nothing wrong with it and it makes for a fast lunch

Of the major chains the only one I go to with any frequency is Applebees - mainly because they have a pretty solid happy hour - again, it's not anything regular and it's not my favorite happy hour place, but occasionally one of their appetizers and a big beer or specialty cocktail for my wife hits the mark

Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Of the ones listed, Ruby Tuesday. Friday's would be a second choice.

Of other restaurants of that style, Houlihan's. The food is better, and the atmosphere is more relaxing.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Which one of these restaurants do you like the most? Feel free to share the reason(s) why you like the restaurant you chose.

I like Outback Steakhouse the most. I don't go to any of the places in the poll regularly, but when I chose to, I go with Outback. Good salad, fish, appetizers and service.
Yes! I 100% agree with you. It is the only one on the list that I really like.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
Wow OP aim low much? Even in a hypothetical world where there was nothing except chain restaurants this is a pretty unappetizing list. As far as I'm concerned there are no redeeming qualities about Ruby Tuesday's, TGIF or Sizzlers. Never heard of Ground Round so I can't comment on that. Chili's is the epitome of mediocre, but at the very least I've never had an outright 'bad' meal there. Outback is all over the place in terms of consistency. It's the only one of the chains listed where I've actually had a 'good' meal, but I've also had terrible meals there too so it kinda offsets.
Have you read my other posts in this thread? For the most part, I'm not big on chain restaurants. I simply wanted to get a feel for the opinion of others. You can vote "other" and share which restaurant you like. There's no reason to start a pissing contest...

Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,999 times
I much prefer local, I don't like the vast majority of chains, the quality is not good ... but IF I am going to have to eat somewhere like this because of a group or friends or something, then of those listed Outback is far and away the best of this lot.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Have you read my other posts in this thread? For the most part, I'm not big on chain restaurants. I simply wanted to get a feel for the opinion of others. You can vote "other" and share which restaurant you like. There's no reason to start a pissing contest...
I apologize if my tone was too harsh.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM

62 posts, read 85,152 times
Out of these, I'd go with Ruby Tuesday. Their salad bar is like no other.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Grand Lux Cafe is my favorite chain, but I have tried Outback before and I liked it very much too.
Good call. The only problem I have with Grand Lux is it takes 45 minutes to read through the menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink