Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these restaurants do you like the most
Chili's 9 11.84%
Outback Steakhouse 26 34.21%
Ruby Tuesday 7 9.21%
TGIF 3 3.95%
Ground Round 1 1.32%
Sizzler 2 2.63%
Other 28 36.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times

Advertisements

Of the options listed (besides "other"), I picked Outback. I used to love TGIF, back when they had a tex-mex-tower thingie with tostado nachos, breaded deep-fried jalapeno slices (not stuffed), and a third thing I can't ever remember. And then they did away with the tower, but they still had the tostado nachos. I liked it then too. But then they did away with the tostado nachos, and I lost interest in going.

Outback has reasonable prices for the "quality" of food (it's standard - nothing amazing, but still tasty and perfectly edible), plus it's in walking distance so it's a convenience for when we want waiter service but don't want to spend a fortune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Out of these, I'd go with Ruby Tuesday. Their salad bar is like no other.
Their salad bar is so bad here, that none of us go there anymore. Brown-edged lettuce, no field greens at all, most of the time they're out of half the things we want. I asked last time for olives, and they said they're not offering them that day. I asked if I ordered a menu selection that came with olives, would they put the olives on that selection? They said yes, of course. I said great - just skip the menu selection, and give me a little cup of olives on the side, and I'd have the salad bar. They just kind of looked at me funny, so I walked out and went across the street to Friendly's instead.

It wouldn't have mattered much anyway - the oil carafe was disgusting, and they had just run out of blue cheese dressing. They had no bacon bits, and the cherry tomatoes looked mushy and one was caved in. All this -might- have been understandable if it was near closing time - but this was at 11:30 in the morning; we were hoping to beat the lunch rush.

Their only redeeming quality is their rolls, which I can make at home with bisquick and sugar.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,426,097 times
Out of all you listed I'd pick Sizzler, mostly because they don't exist around here anymore..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,878 times
Like most chains the quality of food and service depends on management. Longhorn was not on the list or I would have voted for that. We don't have an Outback here or a TGIF.
We do have a terrible Applebees but I have been to them in other locations that were ok.
The Ground Round is no longer the messy place with peanut shells on the floor and it has a decent selection. Last time we were there a couple weeks ago I had something new onthe menu called the Athens. It was a Mediteranian dish with linguine, shrimp, kalamata olives, freeze dried tomato and feta with some kind of great sauce.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
Even chain restaurants vary by location. In many Sizzlers the meat is sub-par, but at the Sizzler in Klamath Falls, the food is fresh, top quality, and, while not cheap, it is reasonable. At least it was, I haven't been there for a couple of years.

I thought Subway was good, becasue the local subway is excellent; very fresh and nice. But, sadly, that does not apply to any other Subway I've been in.

The Outback was excellent in my local town. but they gave out free coupons and I had a very bad meal with that coupon, so now I won't go back. Seriously, the food was burned and the normally stellar service was very lackluster. How weird to give out coupons to bring in new customers and then give them a crumby meal?

Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times
If I'm going to a chain, it's likely to be Outbck. Good food, good to excellent service in most stores, decent prices, and a wine list that has well chosen, middle of the road wines with appropriate prices. That kind of wine list is getting harder and harder to find these days, resulting in our staying home to eat more often.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,890,349 times
When we pick a chain, which is pretty rare, we pick Outback or TGIF's. Outback because of their gluten-free menu and they carry gluten-free beer as well.
TGIF's because our nephew is the bar manager there.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Of the listed choices, I went with Outback. In Carson City, however, there is a place called Teds Old 395, that is a favorite haunt. Mmmmm....chicken wings!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,525 times
Other: Steak and Ale. They filed for bankruptcy a few years ago though.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Here I am, almost a week later and we ate lunch at Outback last Sunday. The salad was all I could have hoped for and the wine was wine, but the 1/2 French dip sandwich was awful. I will take their word for it, the meat was prime rib, but it was hard to tell cause there was almost no meat. In fact I had to open it to see if there was anything inside the 2 pieces of bread. I will say, the service was outstanding...

I will add one more thing: I know food is very subjective, but anyone who thinks Sizzler has even middle of the road quality meat doesn't know much about meat.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink