Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these restaurants do you like the most
Chili's 9 11.84%
Outback Steakhouse 26 34.21%
Ruby Tuesday 7 9.21%
TGIF 3 3.95%
Ground Round 1 1.32%
Sizzler 2 2.63%
Other 28 36.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,493,689 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of any of those or any chain restaurants for that matter.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,783 times
We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but if I had to pick one of those I would say TGIF is the least bad.

Outback and Ruby Tuesday's are the worst. Then Chili's. I thought Sizzler went out of business like 10 years ago and I have no idea what a "Ground Round" is but it doesn't sound appetizing.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but if I had to pick one of those I would say TGIF is the least bad.

Outback and Ruby Tuesday's are the worst. Then Chili's. I thought Sizzler went out of business like 10 years ago and I have no idea what a "Ground Round" is but it doesn't sound appetizing.
There are Sizzlers many places, especially in the west. There is one in Flagstaff that is very good and one in Albuquerque that is very bad. Like all chains they vary from place to place. You think Outback is bad, and FGIF is better? Wow, I would have to wonder how long it has been since you have been to either one. I do like a couple of things at TGIF but I don't think they compare with Outback. BTW, many TGIFs have closed down in the past few years. You wouldn't know anything about "Ground Round" but you can probably figure out it is a restaurant chain. They are on the east coast and I think many of them are now out of business. When we lived in Alexandria Va, back in the 80s it was our hangout. My best friends and I would go there for a glass of wine and lunch or dinner several times a week when our hubbies were traveling. My kids liked it but spoiled brat did not. They are pretty moderate in price, used to have great buffalo wings and usually friendly wait people.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,581,723 times
Out of the list, I voted Ruby Tuesday's. The Outback near me has notoriously slow service, so we never go there. Another quick meal option would be Applebee's.

But for a steakhouse, I love Longhorn's!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:11 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post

Other is an option in the poll. Please feel free to share a restaurant that you don't consider to be "bottom of the barrel".

Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,658 times
Sorry those don't match Ryan's, and I am referencing the restaurants located in specifically Shreveport/Bossier City Louisiana. Ryan's has the best biscuits and buffet...all are heart attack waiting to happen. Boy, do I miss that restaurant.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Sorry those don't match Ryan's, and I am referencing the restaurants located in specifically Shreveport/Bossier City Louisiana. Ryan's has the best biscuits and buffet...all are heart attack waiting to happen. Boy, do I miss that restaurant.
Ryan's is good if you like chains, but there are so few of them. They do not seem to be nationwide so many of us have never had the chance to enjoy the place. I can't remember when we ate at Ryan's. We have a few times, not here in AR.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM

61,735 posts, read 87,172,581 times
None of the above, but I would go to a chain steakhouse sometimes...
BTW: why is it wrong to see what others vote? Its food not a political debate.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
I've only been to Sizzler once, and haven't been to the rest. I'm not a big fan of chains.
I much prefer the little local mom-and-pop Indian, Vietnamese, Greek, Jamaican, Lebanese places. The food is amazing.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:36 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There are Sizzlers many places, especially in the west. There is one in Flagstaff that is very good and one in Albuquerque that is very bad. Like all chains they vary from place to place. You think Outback is bad, and FGIF is better? Wow, I would have to wonder how long it has been since you have been to either one. I do like a couple of things at TGIF but I don't think they compare with Outback. BTW, many TGIFs have closed down in the past few years. You wouldn't know anything about "Ground Round" but you can probably figure out it is a restaurant chain. They are on the east coast and I think many of them are now out of business. When we lived in Alexandria Va, back in the 80s it was our hangout. My best friends and I would go there for a glass of wine and lunch or dinner several times a week when our hubbies were traveling. My kids liked it but spoiled brat did not. They are pretty moderate in price, used to have great buffalo wings and usually friendly wait people.
There used to be Sizzlers here but I haven't seen any in about a decade so I just figured they went out of business.

Last time I ate at Outback was a little over a year ago (gift card from Christmas). We got loaded steak fries. The fries were soggy, ridiculously salty, and there was enough cheese and bacon for maybe 1/5th of the fries. I ordered prime rib and what they gave me looked like a piece of 3-day old opossum they picked up from the side of the road. It was extremely tough and had no flavor at all. I was pretty grossed out and wasn't eating it, so they asked me if I wanted a porterhouse instead. I said sure, so they brought me a porterhouse. It had a rancid off taste so I didn't eat much of it. I was kind of worried about getting food poisoning at that point. Vegetables had a chemical aftertaste. Girlfriend had the exact same vegetables and I tried hers and they tasted fine, not at all like mine. I tried her lobster and it was chewy and tasted old. Like a pre-cooked lobster from the freezer that they thawed and microwaved. It was so bad that I still remember every detail of the meal like it was yesterday. Kind of a tramautic experience really. She still gives me crap about it.

Other experiences there weren't nearly as bad, but when I look at their menu it's really a struggle to come up with something that sounds good.

Last time I ate at Friday's was probably 6 months ago. I go there every once in a while because I have friends who are always wanting to go, mostly for drinks and because they get a discount. Last time I had a flat iron steak that was surprisingly good, with some kind of Bearnaise-style sauce on top. Along with some ginger-lime coleslaw and mashed potatoes that were decent. At least they make an attempt to keep the menu somewhat contemporary and aren't stuck in a time warp. Their food isn't great but it's also never terribly bad and I don't leave their feeling like I got robbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink