Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times

Advertisements

I just browned a big batch of ground beef. Since I had gotten so much of it on sale, this is going to be "ground beef weekend".

Tonight will be "ground beef stew". I'll put some ground beef into the crockpot a couple of hours before dinner, (since it's already cooked, the time it goes up really doesn't matter), add diced carrots, celery, and onions, (I already diced everything this AM and set aside in a container), toss some beef gravy over the top and serve it overflowing out of the middle of baked potatoes.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll toss some more of the browned ground beef into the crockpot, along with BBQ sauce, and serve that over rice.

I hate cooking on the weekend and I never know what time we'll get around to having dinner. This way everything is basically done and it will be hot whenever we decide to sit down. If I am really ambitious, I may add some refrigerator biscuits.

Nothing gourmet, but it all works.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
The tacos have evolved into enchiladas. Didn't feel like chopping the lettuce,etc and I'm not an iceburg lettuce fan so it's a waste.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:56 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
hELLO EVERYONE!
Hello Minnie!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:13 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Well, start cooking, drink some wine, cook some more, drink more wine, repeat as needed!
Ok..I am laughing---maybe because I'm gettin "tuned" or maybe because you speak the truth! Ha! I think I drank half the friggin' bottle of wine--it was good! I am so happy right now---the sauce it is cooking and tastes so good! I sure hope the ribs taste as good! I was getting all stressed out cooking them (chopping the veggies and all) and dear hubby comes in and says slow down--it's suppose to be fun! Fun my a$$!! This is "work" for me! That is the big difference between us want-to-be's and you real cooks. You are calm and collective where as people like me---well, let's just say the wine serves "two" purposes! Ha! I will let everyone know how my meal went!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 10-11-2008 at 01:42 PM..

Old 10-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok..I am laughing---maybe because I'm gettin "tuned" or maybe because you speak the truth! Ha! I think I drank half the friggin' bottle of wine--it was good! I am so happy right now---the sauce it is cooking and tastes so good! I sure hope the ribs taste as good! I was getting all stressed out cooking them (chopping the veggies and all) and dear hubby comes in and says slow down--it's suppose to be fun! Fun my a$$!! This is "work" for me! That is the big difference between us want-to-be's and you real cooks. You are calm and collective where as people like me---well, let's just say the wine serves "two" purposes! Ha! I will let everyone know how my meal went!!

Cyn just relax and enjoy the chopping, delicious smells and creating of something special. It will be delicious.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:34 PM

So easy for those who understand and enjoy actual "cooking"! It's all a new concept to me---enjoying cooking! It's always been a necessity in my family---not a joy! I would so enjoy learning the "joy" of cooking! Maybe it is there, somewhere hidden inside me! Ha!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Cyn.... I'll have what you're havin'

Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
LOL - Poor Cyn! I love to putter around in the kitchen - whether what I'm preparing turns out really good or really bad! (Well, good is better!) Remember my baby poo dip???? I am STILL having baby poo dip flashbacks!

BUT I did have fun making it. AND I learned to not make it again!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM

I am just so bad with "failure"! And believe me I have more then my share of failures with cooking! Ha! Hubby has to be patient! I don't care for tasting and to be honest don't have good taste! I'm trying! I eat to live! It's sad....but I will learn! Taco Bell is just fine by me....now that is sad! I continue trying and am so friggin' determined to learn!!!! I must admit, dinner tonight does smell good tonight!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:03 PM

Cyn from what you've posted I'd say you're doing pretty darn good!! Give yourself some credit girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink