Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 07:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!!!!!

Think I'm craving tonight's dinner? I even dreamt about it!!!! Chicken cacciatore and fresh fettucine noodles, crusty roasted garlic bread and salad.

Cyn I'm with Amber!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Hubby just told me to get the Mahi Mahi out! Yum---one of my favorite fishies! I'm sure he will put together one of his master pieces for dinner tonight. I will make some french fries---I wanted rice but hubby isn't a big rice fan---fresh broccoli and sliced tomatoes. I'm sure once my hubby gets the dinner done he will share what he did and I will post it here. He loves for me to share his recipes! I think it helps to make him a part of our little "world" here!

Thanks for all the nice words........

Old 10-12-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Tomorrows supper came out wonderful....(stuffed cabbage rolls)...now they can sit and mellow until I serve them tomorrow.....I can tell that they came out perfect!!!!! Tonight will be sirloin steak ... with rice and green beans.....which reminds me to go turn the beans dwn.
Oh please elston---share what you put in your stuffed cabbage rolls. I make them almost exactly like I do stuffed bell peppers. I'm always looking for different ideas! Thanks...

Old 10-12-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all and Happy Sunday!!!!!

Think I'm craving tonight's dinner? I even dreamt about it!!!! Chicken cacciatore and fresh fettucine noodles, crusty roasted garlic bread and salad.

Cyn I'm with Amber!
Thanks lacey!

Now I've never even attempted chicken cacciatore--mind sharing how you make it?? We have so much chicken in my freezer--the more ideas the better! This sounds so good!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Good morning, all. It's nice to see everyone still hanging around and even some new faces too!

I haven't been online as much as I used to, and I haven't been cooking since my surgery, so I haven't popped in here for a while. DH has been doing a great job fixing all the meals. The bad news? Tummy's been a bit off from the meds and stuff, so I haven't been a very enthusiastic consumer. But it's all been quite good (other than the night he tried to poison us - he cooked Hot Italian Sausages that probably should have been frozen a day or two before they were. Not fun.). Last night was pork chops (cooked inside) w/a parmesan noodle dish and fresh asparagas. In fact, I think we have 1 chop and some noodles left for my lunch. gotta love leftovers.

Enjoy, all. Hope to see you again real soon.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think it is a basic polish style cabbage roll.....I soften some large leaves in boiling water; I make a mixture of cooked rice, grd beef and grd pork..chopped onion, eggs, s&p and mix well. Then I cut the big rib out of the leaves. shape a roll of meat mixture and roll it in the cabbage leaf--sort folding in the edges....and place seam side down in a pyrex dish...9z12.

I have a mixture of diced tomato, tomato sauce, lemon juice, sugar, s&P (sweet and sour to taste) I put a little molasses because I like brwn sugar and didnt have any. I put some of the sauce in the bottom of the dish .... I forgot to mention that.

I spoon the sauce over the rollls and put a few strips of bacon over the top and bake for about an hour at 350. I like to serve it with mash potato.....but since it has rice in it you could just serve it with bread to sop up the delicious juices.

I used to do it in balls and cook it on top of the stove...in more broth, tasting as it cooked to adjust the sweet sour part of it..I think that is more Russian Jewish style....but I like the neatness of the rolls.....and my cabbage balls used to fall apart.

I think you could do some other spices like ? clove and cinnamon....not sure....mine is pretty basic.

I
OMG, I looooooooove stuffed cabbage and haven't had it in eons!

My mother used to make the rolls similarly, sans bacon and pork. She would line pans with sauerkraut, put the rolls in, then top the rolls with more sauerkraut.

YUM!!!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Lacey, I love caccitore enjoy it.

Happy Sunday all.
Keeping it simple tonight with scallops baked potato and probably spinach or something green.
I went to the market yesterday though and stocked up for the colder weather. I bought 4 Perdue chickens at 88 cents a pound so we will be having rotisserie chickens and a lot of chicken soups.
Also Roast beefs to keep in the freezer for the grill or rotisserie. Not a bad buy. Wish those were 88 cents a pound but not too bad.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 AM

Sorry--I didn't realize elston had already posted the recipe but thanks CheyDee for reposting it for me!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
That's great CrazyW-love buys like that. They had BOGO on chickens a couple of weeks ago, same on pork tenderloins.

Cyn I basically do what Elston does-chop meat, cooked rice, onions, garlic powder, worstershire. Fill leaves, roll. I use a large can of tomato sauce and add lemon juice,brown shugar, worstershire and cover. Bake low and slow.

Chicken cacciatore-I'm using boneless/skinless thighs and breasts today. Season, brown in olive oil, remove. Saute portabella mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic. Large can San Marzano tomatoes, some red pepper flakes, shot of white wine, parsley,basil. Put chicken back in, black olives and cook low and slow.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 10-12-2008 at 08:58 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Happy Sunday! Haven't cooked in 3 days due to working. I was going to cook today but hubby I think has the flu and hasn't felt much like eating anything. Lacey what time is dinner, my mouth is watering!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink