Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's not the high class expensive designer sushi, but it is fresh and tastes good ... and unlimited. I'm not a fish eater, but there's something about sushi that I like. It's probably the wasabi!!
I had some wasabi/soy sauce almonds the other day. Man were they good.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:03 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Anxiety has hit me today. I am getting a head count for Thanksgiving and it is growing. We always have Thanksgiving at our house, or at least since my little one was born. I anticipate 35-40 of my hub's side. My dad and I. This means 2 turkeys and a ham. 50lbs of mashed potatos so on and so on. I will assign other dishes to bring. His family tells me I am crazy but I figure a screw loose is better than to tight ha! It is a chore that is rewarding. In more ways than one

Seattlerain sorry about your "upside down apple pie"
Mom good for you. Thinking out of the box again. Oh I am going to the produce to p/u your nuts now
Elston I imagine you could make anything you set your mind to.
SKBS I here you. I have an only child. He has the "want me get me buy me" disease right now. I think it is genetic because I get a relapse every now and then ha. Have a nice quiet evening and enjoy.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Oh yeah JIMJ thank you for the recipes!
Lacey nice find on those peppers!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Just back from shopping. They had these gigantic red peppers (yellow and orange too) 10 for $10. Some will be frozen, 2 will be made into stuffed peppers tomorrow.

Also got a smoked ham shank and dried limas-so soup's in the future.

And a nice chunk of top round with will be oven roasted w/carrots,onions, cream mush soup and Lipton's onion soup mix.

Elston-we think so alike it's scary!!! LOL.
Lacey you get the best buys there......
Ahhhhhhhhhh a pot roast.....I too have the same recipe for pot roast the only difference is I add golden mushroom soup also..I miss that comfort food darn it.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:26 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, dinner was a bust last night... the kids wanted NOTHING to do with it. Hubby liked it though... so, that was good. But, can't make it again...oh well...Tonight the kids are spending the night at the Inlaws... YIPPEE! Had a blowout with the FIVE YEAR OLD Diva Child Teenage Wannabe last night... looking forward to the break... and I might just break the ban on chocolate for this specific event. I can't deal with the stress. I think I am making a special trip the the LINDT STORE today to help make myself feel better... Hoping they are giving away the Hazelnut balls today... mmmmmmm... tonight I am making hubby take me out to eat... screw the WW points... I need to stuff my face to comfort the mom guilt I feel....

Oh skbs I feel for ya. Been there done that but I hate to tell you that this is just the tip of the iceberg darlin'. I do love how you describe her....too cute. I too would go for the chocolate AND
Cyn I think you are doing just fine with all your cooking and I for one thank you for starting the thread.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Crazy-wow thanx I have golden mush maybe for a change. The meat's lean and when I use mush soup I use the Healthy Request one. Add lots of veggies and slow cook.

Our local store has very good buys and the nice thing is if it's 10 for 10 and you buy one you get that sale price. They bend over backwards to please.

Amber-wow you're Thanksgiving sounds like mine of old. Always had at least 30 and loved all the prep and cooking and smells. It's by far my favorite holiday and even tho it's just the 2 of us I still do a regular feast.

SKBS take heart it ends when they're 25!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:39 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
My cobbler isn't creeping! It's almost done and it's still all peaches ontop! Looks like the batter just stayed on the bottom. It has another 10 minutes but I don't see it doing much change in that amount of time. I did exactly what the recipe said and didn't try to spread out the batter just poured in in the baking dish and topped with the peaches. I did cut the recipe in half and used an 8x10" square glass pan. Oh well, maybe it won't look right but hopefully the taste will still be there!!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Cyn bet it'll be great-cover it with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
I feel badly that I didnt fully report my creeping cobbler.....I did say that the fruit stayed on top and the dough rose around the edges sorta like yorkshire pudding.....we didnt love it....DP not at all and I ate half to keep from throwing it out...but wont make it again.

I didnt want to hurt any feelings and thought it might have been me. I am not at all good making desserts....other than Amber's Grammy's Cheese cake which was delicious. I hope yours is better than mine cyn. I am going to try indian pudding for thanksgiving.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Elston do you think the trick is in using canned pie filling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink