Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times

Advertisements

Steak was great and the cheesy garlicy potatoes too. Carrot salad from the market was an added treat. Being miracles are still in progress we have donuts of all kinds to choose from for dessert. Seems there was a party where those in attendance were infected with the anti carb virus. My gain....More ways than one unfortunately.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:36 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Evening all! Too much going on today and tonight to even think about cooking dinner so we're going out - it's our youngest's 7th birthday tomorrow so we said he could pick - but he wants Burger King!

I was hoping he'd vote for sushi - he used to love it but I think it was the old place with the conveyor belt sushi he liked...sadly not one of those here! No child of mine should like BK...he must be a changeling!

Have a great evening

Congrats again to Elson and his beautiful shiny star!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:04 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Say Elston-the hunk of halibut was so dang good. Tomatoes.garlic,wine,olives (black), white wine,hot pepper flakes, onions,garlic-over fettucine!!!

Congrats again on the new embellishment-so well deserved.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:08 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
My wife is out with a friend and will be bringing home a surprise. I asked her to pick something up for me and she asked "what?".

My response was "whatever you think I will like."

I'm looking forward to it, whatever it may be, cuz I am HUNGRY...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-Kats what a nightmare for hubby and you. Glad his doc took such quick action and hope he heals quickly.
Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yes, good morning everyone! Oh my Kat, how scary for the both of you and painful for hubby. Take care of yourself as well my friend...it's times like this we often forget about our own health! He needs you to be there for him so both of you take time to get through this.
Thanks cyn, and BTW, If you are just half as good at cooking as you are at being a great person, you have it wayyyy covered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The "halibut hunk" sounds like a name for a muscular lifeguard on a beach in Southern California.
LOL, I was thinking the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Kats - hope the patient is getting better?
Thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Today I am leaving work at noon so I can go to the State Fair of Texas!

I can't wait. I will have a corny dog and some chicken fried bacon for sure.
Wow, chicken fried bacon! I would never ever eat such a thing (Yeah, right! Well, not while anyone was watchin anyhow, and I wonder if they could cover it in cheese? Hmmm.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
The fried jelly beans must be kind of new, cuz I can't imagine I would have missed them. Now I want some! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
I think I would almost eat a tennis shoe if it was deep fried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
tonight I am making hubby take me out to eat... screw the WW points... I need to stuff my face to comfort the mom guilt I feel....
All the calories are erased in this type of instance! (Also for many other personal crisis issues - I have a list somewhere!)
Quote:
Elston do you think the trick is in using canned pie filling?
Someone gave me a recipe very close to this one and it did call for only canned pie filling. I don't bake much so I am not really a good one to answer this probably, but it always cooked up great with the canned stuff.
Quote:
Good going Elston!!!!! Congrats.
ELSTON!!!! Congrats! You certainly do deserve the new star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Thank you cyn and to everyone who has been so kind to me and helped me get those stars.....I am having such a good time and am so happy I could eat my toes.
If you do decide to eat your toes, with your wonderful descriptive writing skills, we would ALL be eating our toes before long!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Hey ya'll! I wanted to get caught up with reading all that I have missed and responding.

Thanks guys for all your well wishes! I really mean that! DH is doing great! YAY! They took him off the IV, and removed the tube late this afternoon. He is really wanting to come home so he is pushing for tomorrow. I just want him to get the best care - damn the hospital bill! I was surprised they didn't stitch up the hole in his side/thought they would stitch it up and was really surprised he has this gaping hole in his side.
He is moving around more and getting a bit ornery which means he is feeling better!

Take care all!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Organic kale (chopped up and quick fried in olive oil), squash with brown sugar and butter, brow rice, and chick thighs. Yum.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Another long, long day today, and believe me, I was more than ready for some comfort food (and wine, but that's another story...) The economy has hit my office hard, and today was "Black Friday;" the HMFIC announced a hiring freeze, reduced hours, salary cuts and layoffs, all in one memo. Our department survived with the loss of only one person and salary cuts for two of us, but it was a chilling thing to happen just before the holidays.

Fortunately, I had plenty to look forward to at home. It was just the two of us tonight - daughter supped with the sig-other, soon to be roommate - and the spouse broiled some seasoned chicken breasts (Turkish seasoning, half-sharp paprika, cumin, coriander, s & p) and made raita and heavily garlicked hummus with pita chips for supper. Aaaaahhhh...... I could go for some chocolate ice cream, but there's none in the house, the car is already in the garage, and the BookWorm is not up for a trip to the store anyway. I'll content myself with dipping into the leftover hummus if I need a snack.

Happy weekend, folks, or at least I hope it's a happy one for you. There are another 50 or so jobless people tonight than there were last night in our town, so if you're still working (or if your pension is still rolling in each month), thank your lucky stars. Think I'll drop off a bag or two of groceries at the food pantry this weekend....

Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
We ended up with the baked chimi's I saw here a few thousand posts ago, took 'em to the pharmacy and fed my DW and her pharmacist boss. They were very pleased, stopped filling the pill bottles just to eat...

Old 10-17-2008, 08:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
cheese omelette n salad. figs n yogurt for dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink