Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 02:41 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

I really only like and eat the lobster tails. Not a big fan of the body! It's a rare thing for us to get lobster anything....usually only if we eat out! Now Alaskan King Crab legs---anytime I find those babies on sale I scarf them up! Haven't seen any lately. Now if I could catch some more fish and keep them we would be eating more fresh fish! It's been pretty slow fishing the last few weeks but it sure is relaxing!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:51 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Had a great time at the bridal shower today... pulled BBQ pork, salt potatoes, wild rice salad, tossed salad, chicken breast... AMAZING Carrot Cake, italian cookies.....

I am stuffed.... LOL....

The soupd didn't pan out so I think we are heading to the mall with the kids so they will be Food Courting it tonight (no cooking for me ) Have a great night all!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,339,258 times
Happy Saturday, all. It's a gorgeous fall day today, cool and sunny, just right for raking leaves. The daughter and I just finished transferring a 10' x 8' x 6' mound of leaves from the back yard to the edge of the front lawn, since the leaf crews are due through our neighborhood sometime this week. I can now actually see the grass in the back yard, though that won't last for more than a day or two.

The Farmers' Market was crowded today, not surprisingly. The CSA box this week included both butternut and acorn squash, sweet potato, garlic, peppers, spinach, fennel, romanescu (which I call fractal broccoli), baby bok choi, tiny red onions and the last of the green tomatoes. Besides that, we picked up a couple half-pecks of apples (one for eating, one for pies and home-made applesauce), our pie pumpkins, four pounds of cranberries, and some sausage, ground beef and a rump roast from our favorite meat vendor. It was a great haul, though a bit of effort to drag back to the car.

The people from the food pantry were at the market, as they generally are toward the end of the morning; they go around with a big cart to all the stands, and the farmers donate produce that wouldn't be good by the next market. We took the opportunity to add a few things to their cart as they went past, and we'll be adding some extra items to the list when we go to the grocery store tomorrow as well. The community center is starting their annual Thanksgiving food drive, and the county always has big food-donation buckets out at the polling places on Election Day, so we want to stock up for both of those.

Got a concert tonight (Madison Symphony) so we'll be eating downtown before it starts. After some discussion, we settled on LuLu's, our favorite Middle-Eastern restaurant, and I'm already having a mental debate between chicken shawarma or kefta en brochette. Such a wonderful dilemma to have...

I wish you all a wonderful Saturday evening, lots of good eating, and a great rest of the weekend!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
MidwesternBookWorm

When you have settled on what your ordering at Lulu's please tell us how it was and what it was....I am not familiar with Middle Eastern food.

Enjoy the concert!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:27 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
MidwesternBookWorm

When you have settled on what your ordering at Lulu's please tell us how it was and what it was....I am not familiar with Middle Eastern food.

Enjoy the concert!
Oooh Elston, you've got to try it! So much good stuff. Shawarma is somewhat similar to gyro meat in cooking style, but it's not a ground meat like gyros.
I like beef or lamb shawarma best. It's basically lovely shaved meat, usually served in a flat bread with tahini and maybe some pickled vegetables or lettuce and tomato. I like it best with a tzatziki (yogurt/cucumber) sauce though. Not a big tahini fan.

Beef Shawarma Recipe - How to Make Beef Shawarma

I am pretty sure there are 40 middle eastern restaurants within a square mile of my house.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
We fixed up some double pork & bean BBQ. Leftover pork loin diced into a 39¢ can of pork and beans with some onion and BBQ sauce. Chopped a tomato on the side and called it dinner. Nothing the ice cream later on can't fix. Have a good weekend everyone.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:10 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Night, night all! Have a great evening!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
I actually made dinner tonite! Vegetarian pizza on Boboli pizza crust. Yum! Nomad - we always put jalapenos on it. I must have been thinking of you, because I got a bit carried away w//them.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:35 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I actually made dinner tonite! Vegetarian pizza on Boboli pizza crust. Yum! Nomad - we always put jalapenos on it. I must have been thinking of you, because I got a bit carried away w//them.
Well I've got a craving for ham, pineapple, and jalapeno pizza for tomorrow. Not a sure thing yet but I can dream. Maye if I get some ripe olives for the wife's half it will come to pass.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:47 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Wow the stuffed peppers were the bomb!!! I lined them with pepper and parm cheese and filled them with chop meat mixed w/rice,onions,garlic, worstershire, bread crumbs,parsley. Then topped them with tomato sauce, parm cheese-covered and slow cooked for 2 hrs. Oh I'm happy, 1/2 and spinach salad.

Night all and happy eating and dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink